The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old May 24th 2013, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

0-100 miles an hour....

well i found out yesterday that i got the job i went for in fernie

they however want me to start around the 11th of June so my flight is now booked....and im in mad panic trying to get organised.....
still doesnt yet feel real x
Old May 25th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats angelic! We arrived yesterday and it still doesn't feel real, more like I am on holiday! I feel for you, I know what that mad panic was like! We have had a very boring day doing admin stuff and it has been pouring since we landed! Good luck! Keep us posted!
Old May 25th 2013, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
0-100 miles an hour....

well i found out yesterday that i got the job i went for in fernie

they however want me to start around the 11th of June so my flight is now booked....and im in mad panic trying to get organised.....
still doesnt yet feel real x
wow! congratulations!!!

I'm sure I saw on the weather channel they had snow in Fernie yesterday, lol
Old May 25th 2013, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

They would have done I imagine as there was a huge dump of snow not far from us in Canmore!
Old May 25th 2013, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

thanks guys,
yup, apparently they had warmish weather wednesday and snow thursday.
to be fair its been similar here in lancashire the last week, we had hailstone thursday.

im hoping my admin tasks will be as straight forward as possible.
and on reflection the lack of time prior to flying to say my goodbyes might be a blessing as im emotional enough as it is haha x
Old May 25th 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Great news Angelic!! Woohoo!!

Hey Jane, the first few days on this side are weird set up, whirlwind, wtf type days!! It does get easier!

We are just starting to get packed up again... leaving our rental house on Thursday and moving to our own bought house. We finally get our shipping container and all our stuff back! Still doesn't feel "real" being here... hopefully getting our own house and our own stuff will feel more real!
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

cben is an unknown quantity at this point

I filled for PR within Canada under the Economic class last year to my surprise I got an email from CIC a few weeks ago asking for our Right Of Permanent Residence Fee. They also asked us to get our medicals done (apparently everyone has to do them now).

Any ways, fee has been paid, medicals have been done (all clear I am sure).

CIC's website still says they are taking 13 months to complete applications – so that's October 2013 for me...

However October is quite some time away – I am hoping our case will get seen too sooner then that considering they have already asked for the fee and medicals. Plus being a British Citizen I am hoping things will run more smoothly and faster for us.

Can people please give me some dates you have experienced so I can get an idea on how much longer I have to wait

Thanks

cben
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cben
I filled for PR within Canada under the Economic class last year to my surprise I got an email from CIC a few weeks ago asking for our Right Of Permanent Residence Fee. They also asked us to get our medicals done (apparently everyone has to do them now).

Any ways, fee has been paid, medicals have been done (all clear I am sure).

CIC's website still says they are taking 13 months to complete applications – so that's October 2013 for me...

However October is quite some time away – I am hoping our case will get seen too sooner then that considering they have already asked for the fee and medicals. Plus being a British Citizen I am hoping things will run more smoothly and faster for us.

Can people please give me some dates you have experienced so I can get an idea on how much longer I have to wait

Thanks

cben
hey cben
by the sound of it...copr is only a couple of months away for you. although if you read everyones timelines on here theres room for movement n that...congrats though and keep accosting that poor post man of yours
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
hey cben
by the sound of it...copr is only a couple of months away for you. although if you read everyones timelines on here theres room for movement n that...congrats though and keep accosting that poor post man of yours
Cheers. What does COPR mean by the way?
I assume PR is Perm Residence - but the CO ?
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. What does COPR mean by the way?
I assume PR is Perm Residence - but the CO ?
COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. A 2 page form issued by CIC one with a photo on it that you give to CBSA when you make your landing.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
COPR = Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. A 2 page form issued by CIC one with a photo on it that you give to CBSA when you make your landing.
Ah Thanks

So I will need to flag pole ?
I read on CIC that I will automatically get a PR card....
"All new permanent residents will be issued a card as part of the process. Cards will be mailed to your home address soon after you become a permanent resident."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5609ETOC.asp

Does this mean I wont need to flag pole? or I need to in order to activate it?
Not quite sure here

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The card is only proof of your status, you still need to flagpole to activate the visa and get PR status - once you've done that the PR card will follow in the post.

HTH.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Thanks

So I will need to flag pole ?
I read on CIC that I will automatically get a PR card....
"All new permanent residents will be issued a card as part of the process. Cards will be mailed to your home address soon after you become a permanent resident."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5609ETOC.asp

Does this mean I wont need to flag pole? or I need to in order to activate it?
Not quite sure here

Thanks
You can make arrangements with your local CIC office (appointment only) to do the landing without flag poling depending on how far you live away from the border or you dont fancy flag poling. Most choose to flagpole as its quicker and an excuse for a shopping trip to the US for cheaper cheese.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You can make arrangements with your local CIC office (appointment only) to do the landing without flag poling depending on how far you live away from the border or you dont fancy flag poling. Most choose to flagpole as its quicker and an excuse for a shopping trip to the US for cheaper cheese.
Ah - Thanks
I dont know what will take longer though...
1. Waiting for CIC landing withouyt flagpoling it...
2. Waiting ont he wife to choose her shoes in Buffalo!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

I checked this weekend (Canada Day weekend) and the online status says Decision has been made.
Doesn’t really give me any more information...
I called CIC call centre this morning and neither the call centre agent or an actual immigration officer I was put though to could help.
Only the processing office in Ottawa could help me. Unfortunately you cannot contact these guys, so I need to sit and wait for their email and/or contact though the post.

I haven’t had a request for my passports as yet – however I did send them scanned copies in my application pack. Also both passports have the microchips so I am guessing they may not needed them.

Can any one please give me some information? I am very anxious here.
I applied from within Canada under the Economic Class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.