2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Got my PPR! Can't quite believe it. I was literally shaking when I read the letter. It must have arrived yesterday, but when I checked our mailbox at lunchtime (we're in a block of flats), there was no post. Had a sneaky peak this morning and there was the brown envelope!

I was expecting requests for updated police certificates (everything went on hold for a year while I was pregnant), so to get the PPR was a bit of a surprise!

Husband is off skiing in the Alps next week though, so I can't rush off to the High Commission quite yet!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by susieh
Got my PPR! Can't quite believe it. I was literally shaking when I read the letter. It must have arrived yesterday, but when I checked our mailbox at lunchtime (we're in a block of flats), there was no post. Had a sneaky peak this morning and there was the brown envelope!

I was expecting requests for updated police certificates (everything went on hold for a year while I was pregnant), so to get the PPR was a bit of a surprise!

Husband is off skiing in the Alps next week though, so I can't rush off to the High Commission quite yet!
Wow congrats mate, so in other words, your medicals were done in aug 2009 and since then you haven't been asked to redo them, that's good enough to raise the spirit of some. Congrats buddy !!!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ahmadtajwer
Wow congrats mate, so in other words, your medicals were done in aug 2009 and since then you haven't been asked to redo them, that's good enough to raise the spirit of some. Congrats buddy !!!
Thanks. We received our medical requests in August 2009, but then I found out I was pregnant, so we all waited until October 2010 to do the medicals. I was surprised they didn't request new police certificates, but I'm not complaining!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

ahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant futureahmadtajwer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by susieh
Thanks. We received our medical requests in August 2009, but then I found out I was pregnant, so we all waited until October 2010 to do the medicals. I was surprised they didn't request new police certificates, but I'm not complaining!
Wow susi, congrats for baby and PPR, both presents for you. Did you received PPr by post or email? Celebration time i guess.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ahmadtajwer
Wow susi, congrats for baby and PPR, both presents for you. Did you received PPr by post or email? Celebration time i guess.
Thanks. Received the PPR by post.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Well, we got our passports back today - completely over the moon

A quick question to those though, who are living in Canada on a TWP and recieved PR while here (mountainxtc?);

When you flagpolled, did you have to prove funds and provide information on anything you shipped over? We moved over two years ago (nearly) and don't really have proof of funds.. We used our 'proof of funds' to buy a house and both have jobs (I got transfered from UK).. also we only took 6 boxes with us. I guess I could bring the customs forms we got when we orignially shipped them over..

just curious..
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:00 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson

A quick question to those though, who are living in Canada on a TWP and recieved PR while here (mountainxtc?);

When you flagpolled, did you have to prove funds and provide information on anything you shipped over? We moved over two years ago (nearly) and don't really have proof of funds.. We used our 'proof of funds' to buy a house and both have jobs (I got transfered from UK).. also we only took 6 boxes with us. I guess I could bring the customs forms we got when we orignially shipped them over..

just curious..
Hey alan congrats thats awesome news! I don't think you need to show proof of funds because you are already here and have a job. But someone in the know will be here to answer that probably incorrect info!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:08 am
Just Joined

mountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant future

just curious..

I didn't have to show anything other than my passport and COPR form. I am already employed so proof of funds is irrelevant, and I've been a temporary resident for so long that everything I own is already here. They did ask if I had goods to follow, I said no, and that was that.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

just curious..
That's fantastic news, just in time for the weekend ( celebrations )
Good luck with the flagpoleing Another 2007 through woohoo
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving as some of you know ( yes again ) next week
Means I need to contact .CIC again
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:16 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck with the move CP!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Falcore
Good Luck with the move CP!
Cheers hun, good job I didn't unpack everything still lots to pack though.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:17 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
We are moving as some of you know ( yes again ) next week
Means I need to contact .CIC again
Good - another perfectly good reason for you to contact CIC again. Hopefully this time it will kick start something for you, they need to get their butts into gear and be a bit more forthcoming.

Kaz x
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kazbob
Good - another perfectly good reason for you to contact CIC again. Hopefully this time it will kick start something for you, they need to get their butts into gear and be a bit more forthcoming.

Kaz x
I would love to kick some butts actually :rofl
Thanks hun
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Hey alan congrats thats awesome news! I don't think you need to show proof of funds because you are already here and have a job. But someone in the know will be here to answer that probably incorrect info!
Thanks Mandy, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure

Originally Posted by mountainxtc
I didn't have to show anything other than my passport and COPR form. I am already employed so proof of funds is irrelevant, and I've been a temporary resident for so long that everything I own is already here. They did ask if I had goods to follow, I said no, and that was that.
cheers for the info, pretty straight forward then..

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
That's fantastic news, just in time for the weekend ( celebrations )
Good luck with the flagpoleing Another 2007 through woohoo
Thanks Coffeepot! - I can't believe how level-headed you're being about all of this with your application. Kudos and crossed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.