Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Agree - by the time we go, if we get the all clear then we will have been waiting for 4 years!! Friends and family have stopped asking 'have you heard?'!! I think I am doing very well for a non patient person!

Originally Posted by ga1lf
I feel for you all, I really do. I felt that my wait for my passport request was getting a little excessive, next thing I know it arrived.
It felt like the person in charge of issuing them was on holiday, someone else commented on this and then before you know it, they were flying out to lots of us. Mabe the person dealing with medical requests is now on holiday!! Keep up the faith, I pray you all hear soon.

Have to admit, it was frustrating hearing people complain about the wait when it hadn't even been a year since they applied but good luck to us all on this stressful journey.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Greentea3 and everyone else. As you can see from our timeline, it took 3 months from updating docs to medical requests.
But I wouldn't read too much into other people's timelines.
There are so many varying factors - each application is different, different caseworkers, how many new applicants are they giving priority to ? postal strikes ?
You can probably write your own list of a million variables ?
I know it's frustrating and I do feel we're getting a very raw deal !
I was so excited when we did our medicals, thinking things were really getting close.
But we've been completely deflated since then by the long wait.
I don't feel positive at all and I'm completely bored with sitting here hoping & waiting.
I emailed CIC a few weeks ago and they replied to say our medicals are being processed.
I emailed again last week but haven't had any reply.
Bored with the lot of it !
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

When I applied I was informed that it would be around 47 months until they were likely to review my application, so had no real choice but to put it to the back of my mind. I told very few people or family members about what I was doing, as it was so far into the future there seemed little point.
When they got in contact after about 25 months I was shocked to say the least. What I wasn't prepared for was the wait during the processing and from document request to passport request took 9 months. So most of us, especially the pre-list applicants, really do understand what you are going through....if I had a pound or dollar for each time someone asked 'Any news yet'!

It would seem your medical took place sometime ago now, so lets hope your passport request comes through shortly, don't loose the faith.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Smile Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Originally Posted by greentea3
Hi everyone,

Ok, I am a December 2006'er, can anyone tell me roughly what kind of timescale it will be for receiving our medical requests? we have submitted our documents 3 weeks ago by hand to London.

Am getting disheartened as I have checked CIC's website and it says that in the majority of cases (80 %) it takes them (London) 41 months from start to finish for finalising the process - if that is true then it could be another 12 months for us to wait

Sorry to whinge! but just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

---------
Applied Federal Skilled Worker Dec 2006, Never received AOR, 90 day letter sent by email May 2009, handed in documents by hand July 2009
Hi! Hubby and I applied in September 06 and had med requests early March. We were on the old system, though. We received our passport requests beginning of May and have landed, got SIN card, and exchanged driving license etc. Back in the UK now for 7 months. I am really sure that you should hear very soon as it took 3 weeks from sending last bit of info to receiving our req for passport. Keep positive!! Keeping everything crossed for you! Just think the wait will have been worth it
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:11 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are waiting for your additional $150 and that they aren't going to do anything until they get it.

Are you sure you want to come to a country that would do that to you?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:31 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes!

$ 150 is a snip compared to staying here and paying £12,000 for ones moat to be cleaned!!

I'm Sending out happy positive thoughts and karma to all us 2006'ers (and that goes to everyone else who is waiting aswell)
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Originally Posted by ga1lf
When I applied I was informed that it would be around 47 months until they were likely to review my application, so had no real choice but to put it to the back of my mind. I told very few people or family members about what I was doing, as it was so far into the future there seemed little point.
When they got in contact after about 25 months I was shocked to say the least. What I wasn't prepared for was the wait during the processing and from document request to passport request took 9 months. So most of us, especially the pre-list applicants, really do understand what you are going through....if I had a pound or dollar for each time someone asked 'Any news yet'!

It would seem your medical took place sometime ago now, so lets hope your passport request comes through shortly, don't loose the faith.
Hi Ga1lf, and thanks for the support !
We did exactly the same never told anyone apart from close family. Mainly because it seemed so far away and a dream that might never have come true.
We got our 90 day letter at same time as you. So I let people know soon after that. That has helped with things at work, as they're aware they'll need a replacement. But it obviously leads to the question you mentioned " Any news yet ? ". Cue long face, frown "No" again.
As Green Tea says I'm sure the wait is going to be well worth it.
Just the wait is taking forever and holding up our lives.
It's gonna be one hell of a celebration when we get our PPR
Im delighted you got your PPR and best of luck for the future
Jimsan.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are waiting for your additional $150 and that they aren't going to do anything until they get it.

Are you sure you want to come to a country that would do that to you?
I received a email back from them yesterday saying - Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your application is currently awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. Once your application has been reviewed we will be in contact.
Well thats a great help, to me that looks like they havnt even started looking into my application. they have had my application updates 6months 1 day now but who's counting.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevinm
I received a email back from them yesterday saying - Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your application is currently awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. Once your application has been reviewed we will be in contact.
Well thats a great help, to me that looks like they havnt even started looking into my application. they have had my application updates 6months 1 day now but who's counting.
Just a update, I received exactly the same reply when I asked a specific question. So, rightly or wrongly I replied with a bit of a moan / complaining email. So maybe my wait will be a little bit longer now
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

We applied on the 31 August 2006. Our Request for updated information arrived in December 2008, it needed to be back by end of January 2009. We got our request for Medicals March 2009 and Request for Passports June 2009, we landed July 19th 2009.

Having said all of that we don't have kids or any other extra things that might take time....hang in there you know it's worth it
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by greentea3
Hi everyone,

Ok, I am a December 2006'er, can anyone tell me roughly what kind of timescale it will be for receiving our medical requests? we have submitted our documents 3 weeks ago by hand to London.

Am getting disheartened as I have checked CIC's website and it says that in the majority of cases (80 %) it takes them (London) 41 months from start to finish for finalising the process - if that is true then it could be another 12 months for us to wait

Sorry to whinge! but just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

---------
Applied Federal Skilled Worker Dec 2006, Never received AOR, 90 day letter sent by email May 2009, handed in documents by hand July 2009
We waited 8 weeks - see timeline below! There was a problem with our meds though and our case was referred. All in all as a Mar '06 applicant ours took 33 months from start to finish.

Best of luck!

Michelle
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
We waited 8 weeks - see timeline below! There was a problem with our meds though and our case was referred. All in all as a Mar '06 applicant ours took 33 months from start to finish.

Best of luck!

Michelle
Just a quick update, I received this email today.

Please be advised that a letter was sent on 31 July to the mailing address on file.

I checked on cic but it says in process, Im now pretty worried to see what that letter will say. It seems scarey when I kind of complain I get a letter the next day, do you think they would of said a big fat NO because I dare question them ???
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinm
Just a quick update, I received this email today.

Please be advised that a letter was sent on 31 July to the mailing address on file.

I checked on cic but it says in process, Im now pretty worried to see what that letter will say. It seems scarey when I kind of complain I get a letter the next day, do you think they would of said a big fat NO because I dare question them ???
I would certainly hope not, that wouldn't be very professional and plus they have guidelines to adhere to and I am sure that would not be within them. You probably just highlighted to someone that you were due to be reviewed again, so they have pulled their finger out. Well my fingers are crossed for you, so to speak, as it would be hard to type if they really were crossed.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a quick update, I got my letter yesterday which asked for 2 more pieces of information.
does anyone know if that means they have looked at my application (they must of or they wouldnt be asking for more) and if the information we give back is ok then we should be IN ?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:50 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi KevinM,

Just wondered how the application is going? Did you send off more info for them?
I find it terrible you sent in info over 6 months ago and now they are asking for more.

Hope it all works out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.