Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2001 skill applicants & class action case

2001 skill applicants & class action case

Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Jasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant future
Default 2001 skill applicants & class action case (please advise or share your experience)

I had my file transfered from buffalo to Trinidad and Tobago because of an expired American visa
Attended an interview there on August 28th... i got the 70 points need
However she said she cannot deceide on my case there because of the class action case... This is very dissapointing since i've waited 2 years for this... how long more
she however gave me my medicals and asked for an updated police clearance... Both of which i have already completed
I understand that Judge Gibson prohibit refusal letters from being sent out... but nothing was said about approvals.

Has anyone had a similar experience who attended an interview after Judge Gibson froze 2001 applicants files? please advise...
I've got my fiance in Canada (i'm not ready for marriage yet) an i really wanna go back asap...

Last edited by Jasmine1; Sep 8th 2003 at 12:46 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

rosemary101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Jasmine sorry to hear that. I am in the same situation. I have the interview day within 2 month, in the mean time my h1b had been denied couple months ago. I do not have any status right now. I wanted to transfer the case and leave US but was declined. So, decided to stay till interview. Could you please share your experience.

what they exactly said and where your interview took place? I would really appreciate it. I am really concerned about it

Rose
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Jasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant futureJasmine1 has a brilliant future

Hi Rosemary
i asked for my file to be transferred to Trinidad and Tobago... This is my country of orgin... and went back there after my visa in canada expired for the interview.
The interviewing officer was very pleasent but she said she couldnt make a decision on my case because of the pending class action case because they were still receiving memos on how to deal with 2001 applicants... even though she calculated 70 points which i needed...
so once again i am playing the waiting game with Canadian embassy...

did u explain to them that your HB1 was expired? did u ask for it to go to your country of orgin?
i guess your file was too late in the process to be transferred...because it does take 3-5 months for the complete file to be sent...
When i requested this my file was awaiting transfer to LA for an interview in buffalo
Hope this helps... i will inform whenever they deceide on my case...
good luck to u
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

rosemary101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Jasmine
Thankx for your quick response, I am little bit confused here, did you say that you had expired canadian visa? then where your interview took place, canada or US?

I did explained them about my situation that my H1B has been denied and I will be leaving US soon. They still declined me. They said current law does not allow them to transfer the file. So seems like I am stuck here. They are the one forced me to overstay.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 3:41 pm
ly1
Forum Regular

ly1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Jasmine,

Could you let us know when you had your interview.Was it before 31st March 2003 or after that. And if they had called you for an interview why should they say that they cannot decide on your case, if they had a problem of the class action suit then in first place they shouldn't have been assesing or finalizing your case before the court decision.

In any case pls keep posting your experience. You can also post to keep other IRPA cases updated by posting on the IRPA yahoo group as below

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canada_irpa

Why dont you check the CAIPS file as to whats going on in your case. All the best anyway
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:56 pm
James Metcalfe

Default Re: 2001 skill applicants & class action case

If you are a 2001 case and scored 70 points you should be passed and issued
a visa eventually. I beleive the VO has it wrong. She is stopped from
refusing only not form passing. Write and ask for a rationale.

Jim metcalfe

"rosemary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Jasmine
    > Thankx for your quick response, I am little bit confused here, did you
    > say that you had expired canadian visa? then where your interview took
    > place, canada or US?
    > I did explained them about my situation that my H1B has been denied and
    > I will be leaving US soon. They still declined me. They said current law
    > does not allow them to transfer the file. So seems like I am stuck here.
    > They are the one forced me to overstay.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 9th 2003, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Rosemary
i did my interview in Trinidad and Tobago (caribbean island)
... on AUgust 28th...
I was granted the file transfer request an it was send from Buffalo - trinidad (my country of orgin)