"2 year degree from Pakistan"

Old May 25th 2010, 8:55 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default "2 year degree from Pakistan"

HI,

I am new here. Can anyone tell me please if a 2 year degree from Pakistan allows one to apply ?.

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 25th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "2 year degree from Pakistan"

Originally Posted by foha2012
HI,

I am new here. Can anyone tell me please if a 2 year degree from Pakistan allows one to apply ?.

Cheers,

TAA
Are you on the NOC list of occupations? This would be your first port of call. You also need to count up your points. You need 67 or more to be eligible to apply.
lns
Old May 25th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

Cheers,

TAA
Just re read your post is it Oz or Canada your wanting to go?
Old May 25th 2010, 9:14 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Just re read your post is it Oz or Canada your wanting to go?
Hey Linsy,

I am senior poster on the Oz forum, just checking my options here... Thanks for the quick reply...

I am waiting for someone to come up with an answer. I have a Commerce 2 year degree from Pakistan (b-com) + 2 years ICT diploma and over 17 years of ICT experience. According to the CIC site, they accept 2 years' degree and according to the points test, I score 72. But I dont know if anyone from Pakistan has thier degrees accepted there.

Cheers,
Old May 25th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

You still need to have (within past 10 years) at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) work experience in one of 38 eligible occupations and be able to prove that during claimed experience you performed more than half of main duties listed in particular occupation's NOC description.
Old May 25th 2010, 9:51 am
Banned

khangul is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

I dont know how to make 72 points for yourself.

As far as B.Com from Pakistan is concerned, if you have done B.Com after B.A then it will be 16 years education. I hope that you can get 22 points from your education if it is after BA and HEC accepts your B.Com degree.

All degress from Pakistan are acceptable as alot of my relatives applied and got immigration.

Regards
Old May 25th 2010, 9:57 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
You still need to have (within past 10 years) at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) work experience in one of 38 eligible occupations and be able to prove that during claimed experience you performed more than half of main duties listed in particular occupation's NOC description.
This.
Old May 25th 2010, 7:27 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by khangul
HI

I dont know how to make 72 points for yourself.

As far as B.Com from Pakistan is concerned, if you have done B.Com after B.A then it will be 16 years education. I hope that you can get 22 points from your education if it is after BA and HEC accepts your B.Com degree.

All degress from Pakistan are acceptable as alot of my relatives applied and got immigration.

Regards
@Khan, Kiwilass and Crazy, thank you all.

I have 12 months full time experience in noc-2171a. I did B-com after Hsc. so 14 years total formal education. I also did a 2 year ICT diploma, does that count as formal education ?. and I have IELTS score of 7.5 with band score of 7 or more in each bands, does that give me maximum points in English language ability ?.

Thank you all, you are indeed a helpful bunch.

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 25th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

I have 12 months full time experience in noc-2171a. I did B-com after Hsc. so 14 years total formal education. I also did a 2 year ICT diploma, does that count as formal education ?. and I have IELTS score of 7.5 with band score of 7 or more in each bands, does that give me maximum points in English language ability ?.

Cheers,

TAA
As others have already indicated that you need to have at least one year experience in one of the eligible occupations. Currently there are 38 occupations on this list (may change in the future). NOC 2171a is not on the list. Please refer to the list at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

You would need to see if you have any other experience in an occupation on that list. Otherwise you would need to find another way into Canada. Perhaps getting a job, studying or via one of the provincial programs.

Ray
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:05 am
Waiting .....

Cheers,

TAA
Guys, (n Gals)

I have done some research and I found out that I fit quite well into that 0213 Systems manager catagory as Most of my duties resemble those included in the duty statement of 0213.

I just need one more confirmation... If anyone can give me an answer with certainity.. "How many points will I get for education?"

10 years - grade 1 to matric (Secondary school certificate)
2 year - Intermediate (Higher secondary)
2 years - B-com. (Bachelor of Commerce degree)

Is it counted as 14 years and I will get 20 points ???.

I have some other overlapping qualifications of 2 year ICT diploma. Would that count too ?

Please help..

Cheers,

TAA