Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2 PR applications in the same time?

2 PR applications in the same time?

Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

mirceaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 PR applications in the same time?

Hi

Is it possible to have to PR applications open in the same time?
For example one SW at Buffalo and onother one as a sponsored spouse in Vegreville?
If not, why? Since both sets of fees are paid and obvoiusly only one visa will be accepted with a withdrawn from the slower one, there shouldn't be any problems.

Mircea
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 PR applications in the same time?

Nope. Only one application at a time, sorry. And if you try you may lose both. Why apply as SW if you can be sponsored? Why bother with Vegreville? Sponsorship from abroad is way faster at present.

Originally Posted by mirceaf
Hi

Is it possible to have to PR applications open in the same time?
For example one SW at Buffalo and onother one as a sponsored spouse in Vegreville?
If not, why? Since both sets of fees are paid and obvoiusly only one visa will be accepted with a withdrawn from the slower one, there shouldn't be any problems.

Mircea
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

mirceaf is an unknown quantity at this point

the reason I asked is because I have a SW application sent to Buffalo. I'm in the ninth month of waiting and I wouldn't want to start again from the beginning being sponsored if I would have to withdraw the current application.
Buffalo already sends IA for Nov 2005 applications. Mine is March so I would expect IA sometimes in March-April 2006.

From abroad means my home country or am I allowed to apply anywhere? If it is home country I would have to apply to Bucharest and I know that they can be quite slow. Plus, what happens if I'm asked for an interview? Will it be there? Another concern would be that in the SW class I know I'll get and it is just a matter of time. Being sponsored there is a bigger chance to be denied, especially because this is my second marriage. Another problem would be to gather again all the documents.

How fast would the sponsored process be?

Thanks,

Mircea

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nope. Only one application at a time, sorry. And if you try you may lose both. Why apply as SW if you can be sponsored? Why bother with Vegreville? Sponsorship from abroad is way faster at present.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

Bucharest timeline for Family Class: Spouses

30% of cases finalized in 4 months)
50% of cases finalized in5 months)
70% of cases finalized in6 months)
80% of cases finalized in7 months)