183 days rules

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 1:57 am
Sun

Hi... Can someone answer my question? How do they know that I've been absent
from canada more than 183 days? I don't think that they keep track on computer.
Thank you sun

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 2:30 am
Andrew Miller

"They" don't need to keep track, although to some extend "they" do. There are
airlines records, photos of car's license plates from land border crossings, track of
your credit cards and debit cards usage, and a lot of other digital evidence
available to authorities if they really want to prove anything. But they don't need
to as it is you who must prove that you met the residency requirements and were
present in Canada during periods you claim you resided here. Your work alone when it
comes to proof will not be enough - you will have to show hard evidence of your
presence in Canada.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 6:11 am
Joy Yourcenar

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Andrew,

Just to clarify:

What exactly constitutes "hard" evidence? Banking can be done by phone. Credit card
charges can also be done online and over the phone? What kinds of evidence do you
need to present them?

thanks,

Joy

Joy Yourcenar Mythologies http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth icon/graphy
http://evolvingbeauty.com/myth

As the wind blows through my long hair. I am a lily in your storm. ~By Shu Ting~

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 6:33 am
Stuart

>

>
[usenetquote2]>>"They" don't need to keep track, although to some extend "they" do. There are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>airlines records, photos of car's license plates from land border crossings, track[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>of your credit cards and debit cards usage, and a lot of other digital evidence[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>available to authorities if they really want to prove anything. But they don't need[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>to as it is you who must prove that you met the residency requirements and were[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>present in Canada during periods you claim you resided here. Your work alone when[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>it comes to proof will not be enough - you will have to show hard evidence of your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>presence in Canada.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Credit card receipts from stores. Utility bills, especially telephone. Rent receipts.
Things that show that you were physically in Canada, and could not have done them
from the USA or elsewhere.