Wikiposts

15 month anniversary

Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:48 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation
Red face 15 month anniversary

When we received our AOR in May 04, it stated 15 months on the back. Well today is our 15 month anniversary!

We waited for the postwoman this morning, but she didn't bring an envelope from CHC - we are now officially on tenderhooks!

I think this is now the worst bit. We are about 2 years into our emigration plan from first having the idea and 18 months away from sending off our application and the time has gone reasonably fast, but now we just want to hear one way or another.

It is good to hear of a few March AOR's getting their med requests, especially as they seemed to have 18 month AOR's, so actually heard early. But March to May is two months, so we think we may have to wait another couple of months, but with CHC you just never know - there doesn't seem to be any real logic to how they process applications.

I pity our poor postwoman, as we will have to start storking her now!

Not too long now, hopefully
regards
Jane
Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:25 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: 15 month anniversary

That's it , there is no hope for you now. You are counting the months to the day, now you will count the days minutes and hours. I am sorry to inform you that there is no medicine you can take for ithis illness. Only known cure known to man is a brown envelope deposited through a rectangular hole!
Stop counting, believe me it is very hard, but you have to or you will go mad.

As people in your "month" start getting their envelopes this syndrome gets worse. You will know the exact movements of your postman, and his route. You will arrange your whole day around being in for the post.!!!

Anyone know what colour envelope you get if you are turned down???
Maybe this is a way of stopping people getting excited over the post.

Most people with March AOR's had 18 month cards, so you are somewhat lucky ( or unlucky) We are still in "expectant mode" you are now in overdue mode!! I would say dont expect anything for at least another 3 months. Then if something does turn up you will be pleased to bits.There are still Feb AORs that have not heard a thing.

Originally Posted by Canada Jane
When we received our AOR in May 04, it stated 15 months on the back. Well today is our 15 month anniversary!

We waited for the postwoman this morning, but she didn't bring an envelope from CHC - we are now officially on tenderhooks!

I think this is now the worst bit. We are about 2 years into our emigration plan from first having the idea and 18 months away from sending off our application and the time has gone reasonably fast, but now we just want to hear one way or another.

It is good to hear of a few March AOR's getting their med requests, especially as they seemed to have 18 month AOR's, so actually heard early. But March to May is two months, so we think we may have to wait another couple of months, but with CHC you just never know - there doesn't seem to be any real logic to how they process applications.

regards
Jane
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:32 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Well, CJ, sorry to say so, but my 15 months anniversary has come and gone, and I still haven't heard anything. I'm at 16,5 months after AOR now, and it finally looks like some of the early March04 AORs are getting their med requests, so I think I'm looking at atleast another month, maybe 1,5 month, which will bring me to around 18 months.
Don't start stalking your postman yet, there's plenty of time to do that later!

regards
Jane
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

regards
Jane
Jane

I'm sorry to say that my AOR was 28th Feb 2004 and I've still heard nothing. Of course I seen the post indicating that people in February and March 2004 have got their medical requests etc, but what can you do eh?

I guess I'm lucky at the moment because I work in IT and I'm about to change my job title and gain a new skill that will help (better) match my skills against the Canadian market.

I wont be going for at least another 12 months, probably 18. The longer it takes to get my medical request, the less likely I'll have to land and return home before going out for good. I also will gain valuable experience in my chosen field.

I'm also still clearing my student loan and wont leave for good until I've fulfilled my financial responsibilities. I don't see the point of doubling the debt for the sake of 6 months sacrifice.

The busier my life, the less I look at this website and the less I wait for the postman in the mornings. This website has been a god send but it is also a curse at the same time.

My outlook on moving to Canada has changed. I'm relocating for an exciting opportunity at work and relocating to the Peak District, which I will probably make my home should the worse happen (outdoor life - walking, mountain biking etc).

I long for my own home and some roots, but I want Canada more. Trying to make the most of what I have, but it can be a real slog, this waiting game!

Just to make things a little harder, my friend moved to Toronto two weeks ago and is loving it! His divorce to his former Canadian wife had a very positive upside after the pain of course.

Keeping busy has helped but moving will set me back financially a couple of months. It will be worth it, in the end!

Good luck and hang in there!

Wayne
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:32 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

regards
Jane
Should be smooth; dont worry and relax!
best of luck for the rest of the process!!!!