13 months and no news

Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Unhappy 13 months and no news

HI all,
13 months and nothing from CHC in london.
Went on the 15th april to take my wifes police clearance in and the young lady said it should not be to long now.

I have re applied for my own police clearance which came today will send it to the chc on thursday.
as any one heard from the CHC who applied at the same time as me in march 2004.

many thanks Andrew
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13 months and no news

?Chill our for a few more months yet. I dont think CHC have started to process Feb AOR's yet.
Good luck with the wait!

Originally Posted by firefox
HI all,
Went on the 15th april to take my wifes police clearance in and the young lady said it should not be to long now.

I have re applied for my own police clearance which came today will send it to the chc on thursday.

many thanks Andrew
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:35 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there mate!
Hopefully we'll hear something within the next 6 months
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:53 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

6 months? 6 months? 6 mooooonths!!!!!!!!!! No it is getting too much at nearly 14 months. My husband's out in Canada for a "working" holiday for the first time without me! I sent him with instructions to sort our garden out, or lack of it should i say. He says it is was 75 when he arrived and the ground is rock hard. With all the rain we have been having here I really need some good news to come through my letterbox. He said driving from airport to our house was like returning home! We just wish it will be our permanent home, not holiday home anymore.
All I got today was junk mail.

Originally Posted by Bleech
Hang in there mate!
Hopefully we'll hear something within the next 6 months
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:58 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

HI all,

many thanks Andrew
I guess you'll just have to get in line, firefox - there's a bunch of us earlier than you, who are still waiting...
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:39 am
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Similar timeframe guys!
I get the impression that CHC recieved a major influx of applications just after Christmas as the quoted processing time went up temporarily.
I feel a bit sick as I wrote to them 4 months earlier just to ask when the best time was to get an application processed for a summer 2005 move. We have 4 children and my wife wants to start a degree course!
I heard nothing back and I now know where to look for processing times and that I should have just got the forms in!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

HI all,

many thanks Andrew
14 Months and still waiting. I'm Feb 04. Not started to panic yet.

Wayne
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:26 pm

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

HI all,

many thanks Andrew
Hi Andrew,
Have CHC asked you for new police checks? Just wondering like. If they have then I may apply for our new ones now.
Cheers.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Canadabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 13 months and no news

HI all,

many thanks Andrew

Hi

You may have to wait a while yet, we applied in Nov 03 and heard from them last week asking for medical reports and new police reports! lol, seeing as we sent police certificates with our original application, and now we have to wait again for our police certificates to come... It is such a long and frustrating wait....... Worth it though, we hope!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Hi Andrew,
Have CHC asked you for new police checks? Just wondering like. If they have then I may apply for our new ones now.
Cheers.
No I got married in November so had to add my new wife on the application. They sent the new forms out and had to get the police clearance from singapore. I have also sent for mine again just incase they need it, I will send this week to the CHC in london. When I went into the CHC with the wifes police clearance they said we should hear real soon from them. this is what the woman said from behind the counter but she did not check the file.She also said I should be in canada by the Autum this year.
dont think so tho.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:20 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew,
Cheers.
Hi Bleech

It might not be worth bothering with new police checks, ours expired in July 04 and CHC never asked for new ones
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:04 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I applied for new ones last week. For the sake of £10 each it seemed a small priced to pay if they do ask, and will save time. The wait would kill me as they say it can take up to 4 weeks to get new ones.
Also thougt it may help anyone that was applying for a job once in Canada. Some jobs say they want police checks as you wont have from Canada, might just look good along with a CV to show you have recent clean history from UK.

Hi Andrew,
Cheers.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gooding
I applied for new ones last week. For the sake of £10 each it seemed a small priced to pay if they do ask, and will save time. The wait would kill me as they say it can take up to 4 weeks to get new ones.
Also thougt it may help anyone that was applying for a job once in Canada. Some jobs say they want police checks as you wont have from Canada, might just look good along with a CV to show you have recent clean history from UK.
I have done the same thing, its just the waiting that gets to u. Gooding which part of canada do u want to go to I am going to vancouver or vancouver island.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi Bleech

It might not be worth bothering with new police checks, ours expired in July 04 and CHC never asked for new ones
Hi Bananahammock (the name still makes me giggle!), What are you still doing here??

I think I will take Gooding's advice and get some more police checks done, just in case. Luckilly for me last time it only took 3 days! I went to the Police Headquarters and spoke to a very (very very!) nice lady and explained that we were in a rush, I really don't mind having to see her again, ah hem, just to help our application along that is
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:42 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bleech]Hi Bananahammock (the name still makes me giggle!), What are you still doing here??

Trying to sell our bl**dy house so that we can pack up and go

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.