Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

120 day letter - Work experience question - please help???

120 day letter - Work experience question - please help???

Old May 3rd 2010, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: 120 day letter - Work experience question - please help???

JulieTaba,

I had one employer who was similar which was my "list employer"

I put in as much as i could, annual reviews, quaterly bonus reports, wage slips, job descriptions, references from staff who were there at the time with business cards they happened to still have, all of it was not notirized also.

Go down the route of getting the national insurance records which is a very handy tip posted on here, do a search on it there are plenty of posts on this in the forums.

Good luck sure it will all work out fine.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tracys
Also, how far back do you have to go? Is ten years enough if those jobs cover the noc code you are applying under. I'm sure some of the companies OH worked for don't exist anymore.

Tracy
Does anyone know this? It's been asked before in several threads, but I can't find an answer.

Do they want contracts just for the A, B, O NOC codes you had jobs in during the last 10 years, or every single employment since you were 19?

Is it the same for spouse (though why they want these is beyond me, as I, as the spouse of the applicant don't get any points at all, irrespective of what my employment was)?
Old May 4th 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

we're playing it safe and getting info for any job we're had since the age of 18 years. I'm "the spouse" and have had quite a few jobs but have managed to get letters of reference from old bosses or HR Depts. I'm not getting a letter of reference from my current job, I;m in the travel trade and if my boss gets wind I'm planning to leave I'll get some pretty good perks taken off my so I;m supplying job offer letter, employment contract, P60 and wage slips and a covering letter stating why I can't provide a reference.
My wife is the principal applicant and has provided the same for all jobs since 18 years to and not just the jobs she claiming points for, luckily shes a bit of a horder and still had loads of old references and paperwork from old jobs
Old May 4th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

There seems to be a lot of people playing it safe and getting everything from age 18, but for those of us who have a long employment history, that is a huge amount of work that we would rather not do if we don't have to.

Much of the information we would provide would be irrelevant, (ie it is not in the required NOC categories).

Has anyone actually asked immigration to clarify and got a definitive answer?
Old May 5th 2010, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaye5
There seems to be a lot of people playing it safe and getting everything from age 18, but for those of us who have a long employment history, that is a huge amount of work that we would rather not do if we don't have to.

Much of the information we would provide would be irrelevant, (ie it is not in the required NOC categories).

Has anyone actually asked immigration to clarify and got a definitive answer?
Hi Kaye,

We've just sent off our update info and on our forms, which were filled in by our lawyer from info we provided, I have listed all my jobs from 16 years old but not provided any references. I am not principle applicant.

For my OH, princilpe applicant we provided contract, job description and reference from his last employer. Covers the NOC code.

A letter from one prior to that saying he had worked for them from.. to ... in the role of, as that's all the info they had, it was about 8 years ago that he worked for them and they have been taken over by new company. Also covers NOC code.

For his current role we have supplied job offer letter, job description/role, contract, three months payslips and a covering letter from our lawyers asking that CHC do not contact them untill we have our visa.
All of OH's roles that we have supplied info on only go back about 16 years.

I was under impression that they only required 10 years anyway, with at least 1 year in a job in NOC code you are applying under, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will come along with the right info and correct me if I am.

Our lawyer checked all our paperwork before we sent it so it should be ok.

Tracy
Old May 6th 2010, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracy

So you've worked on the 10 year period with relevant NOC codes. Well, if it turns out they do want from age 18, then worst case scenario it will mean a delay and not the end of the world. Good luck - let us know how you get on.

When you think about it, it makes sense that the evidence they want must relate to the work experience section (ie Schedule 3), rather than the background history (Schedule 1), and in the work experience section they specifically state only give info on the 10 year period with relevant NOC codes.

However, nothing makes sense in this game....