Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

120 day letter vs Appendix A Checklist

120 day letter vs Appendix A Checklist

Old May 8th 2009, 10:05 am
Just Joined

eineauslander is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 120 day letter vs Appendix A Checklist

Hello,

Wonder if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction regarding a few questions???

I applied for PR through the skilled worker route in Feb 2007. Got my 120 day letter about a month ago and have now pulled together all my documents :-) just about ready to send off.

However, comparing the checklist on my 120 day letter and that of the London Embassy (Appendix A Checklist) there's a few differences that are troubling me:

The 120 day letter asks for 2 photos, Appendix A asks for 4.

The 120 day letter asks for photocopies, Appendix A asks for notarised photocopies.

I've read past forum posts on the notarising debate - i.e some people do bother, some don't...but I haven't seen anyone notice the photos discrepancy???

I was going to bite the bullet and get my documents notarised, but seeing this photo discrepancy makes me wonder whether those on the old application process get a different 120 day letter to those on the newer process?

Could save myself a couple of hundred quid if that's true and I really don't have to notarise docs...

Anyone on the new process confirm if they are asked for 2 or 4 photos on their 120 day letter too???

Cheers,

auslander
Old May 8th 2009, 11:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 120 day letter vs Appendix A Checklist

Hi

Originally Posted by eineauslander
Hello,

Wonder if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction regarding a few questions???

I applied for PR through the skilled worker route in Feb 2007. Got my 120 day letter about a month ago and have now pulled together all my documents :-) just about ready to send off.

However, comparing the checklist on my 120 day letter and that of the London Embassy (Appendix A Checklist) there's a few differences that are troubling me:

The 120 day letter asks for 2 photos, Appendix A asks for 4.

The 120 day letter asks for photocopies, Appendix A asks for notarised photocopies.

I've read past forum posts on the notarising debate - i.e some people do bother, some don't...but I haven't seen anyone notice the photos discrepancy???

I was going to bite the bullet and get my documents notarised, but seeing this photo discrepancy makes me wonder whether those on the old application process get a different 120 day letter to those on the newer process?

Could save myself a couple of hundred quid if that's true and I really don't have to notarise docs...

Anyone on the new process confirm if they are asked for 2 or 4 photos on their 120 day letter too???

Cheers,

auslander
Assuming you applied in 2007 you sent photos with your application, the post Feb/08 ones that went to Sydney didn't. Follow the letter YOU were sent.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Assuming you applied in 2007 you sent photos with your application, the post Feb/08 ones that went to Sydney didn't. Follow the letter YOU were sent.
Hi PMM,

cheers for the advice - seems the obvious thing to do I agree... and at the same time I can't help but wonder if I should do the notarising and extra photo's anyway - just to be on safe side... hmmm
Old May 12th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

We asked our immigration consultant the same q ref photos. We agreed that we would send the higher amount - what's a couple of photos between friends?

We also sent notarised copies.

Button and braces here...

(We are 'old' system and now awaiting meds. Updated docs went back 23 Apr)
Old May 12th 2009, 10:49 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

I appllied in March 09 and the documents request letter I have received last month is pointing me to CIC's website about which docs to provide
Old May 12th 2009, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Edo
I appllied in March 09 and the documents request letter I have received last month is pointing me to CIC's website about which docs to provide
Thanks for the info guys!

Glad that someone else has noticed the photos difference too -

I'm going for the belt and braces approach as well I think - even though I'm virtually positive following the instructions in my 120 letter would be fine... after waiting so long it seems like the sensible thing to do - although being sensible is usually completely against my nature! :-)