Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

1 Years paid work experience-self assessment ok?

1 Years paid work experience-self assessment ok?

Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:49 am
where is my wonkey.....

gemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura about
Smile 1 Years paid work experience-self assessment ok?

Hi,

Just looking into PR requirements regarding 1 years paid work experience (full or part time) in the last 10 years. My OH has been self employed for the last year and submitting tax return online before 31st Jan. My question is, for the FSW do immigration only require/allow an accountant to do this or can he do it himself without an accountant? Also he hasnt had any pay slips for the last year but has banks statements etc, for paid work and just bit confused how it all works out.

Thanks guys
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Years paid work experience-self assessment ok?

Your OH can still apply for fsw if he's been or is currently self-employed
In regard to having no payslips i would advise he contact the Inland Revenue and NI contributions agency and ask them to confirm his self-employment in writing and also obtain references from clients and customers/suppliers , i didn't supply any accountant related info. The main concern of CHC will be for him to prove his has the minimum experience required in his chosen noc in regard to the 'duties' and any such references obtain must reflect this and your combined application ( if your applying as well ) has a minimum of 67 points together with the minimum required settlement funds .
All the best

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 17th 2010 at 10:54 am.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:27 pm
where is my wonkey.....

gemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Your OH can still apply for fsw if he's been or is currently self-employed
In regard to having no payslips i would advise he contact the Inland Revenue and NI contributions agency and ask them to confirm his self-employment in writing and also obtain references from clients and customers/suppliers , i didn't supply any accountant related info. The main concern of CHC will be for him to prove his has the minimum experience required in his chosen noc in regard to the 'duties' and any such references obtain must reflect this and your combined application ( if your applying as well ) has a minimum of 67 points together with the minimum required settlement funds .
All the best

regards
Joinerboy
Hi Joinerboy,

Would you mind me asking if you were employed or self employed when you applied? Does it make the application more complicated? Regards to the payslips he does actually have payslips for subcontracting work that hes been paid for in the last year (I misunderstood when he was explaining it to me- typical woman ay ) and can get all the necessary references outlining duties ,etc.

Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemmasbr
Hi Joinerboy,

Would you mind me asking if you were employed or self employed when you applied? Does it make the application more complicated? Regards to the payslips he does actually have payslips for subcontracting work that hes been paid for in the last year (I misunderstood when he was explaining it to me- typical woman ay ) and can get all the necessary references outlining duties ,etc.

Thanks

Hi gemmasbr
Yes I was self-employed when I applied for PR, being self-employed won't prevent him from applying provided he reaches the minimum requirements set out by CHC re: experience / points / funds & criminal record etc.
My advice is to carefully prepare you application and triple check you can provide everything they require before you send off your initial application forms to Sydney ( supporting documents are sent to London later )
Remember if London refuse his/your application you will lose your initial processing fee this is why it's important you check your application before applying.
Hope this info helps

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 17th 2010 at 3:55 pm.