Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

It is 01 November - where is the list???

It is 01 November - where is the list???

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice
Default It is 01 November - where is the list???

Has the list of occupations that will receive priority processing already published by CIC?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:23 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It is 01 November - where is the list???

Originally Posted by msi geek
Has the list of occupations that will receive priority processing already published by CIC?
They said the fall which I suppose could mean before the end of the month. Wouldn`t surprise me though if there was a delay with the list.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:30 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
They said the fall which I suppose could mean before the end of the month. Wouldn`t surprise me though if there was a delay with the list.
Technically, autumn ends on December 20th. Or at least that's the way that the Canadian government defines the seasons. Not that I am holding my breath for the list to be published in the fall, as the CIC website stated.
x
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:32 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Technically, autumn ends on December 20th. Or at least that's the way that the Canadian government defines the seasons. Not that I am holding my breath for the list to be published in the fall, as the CIC website stated.
x
So realistically we could be looking at something in January?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:58 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

So realistically we could be looking at something in January?
I guess that, if you had an optimistic view of the world, that would be a reasonable assumption.

Okay, I'm pulling your leg, which is unkind when you're enduring the immigration torture chamber.

But, seriously, I've seen so many bizarre developments since I've been a member of this forum, that I've learned that making predictions is a risky business. Canadian immigration is a Byzantine world all of its own.

You really do have my sympathy, and I am not joking when I say that.
x
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:01 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I guess that, if you had an optimistic view of the world, that would be a reasonable assumption.

Okay, I'm pulling your leg, which is unkind when you're enduring the immigration torture chamber.

But, seriously, I've seen so many bizarre developments since I've been a member of this forum, that I've learned that making predictions is a risky business. Canadian immigration is a Byzantine world all of its own.

You really do have my sympathy, and I am not joking when I say that.
x
Gave up on the immigration torture some time back and if it happens it happens, if not so be it................There is no need I think to get stressed out over a change of country its really not worth it but this is just my opinion.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine that the current world slowdown and US recession will have a big impact on the jobs under pressure list. Maybe CIC have been told to wait until the dust clears a little, after all there is no point listing carpenters (for eg) as under pressure if they are being laid off due to no building work going on.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:30 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by sinope
I would imagine that the current world slowdown and US recession will have a big impact on the jobs under pressure list. Maybe CIC have been told to wait until the dust clears a little, after all there is no point listing carpenters (for eg) as under pressure if they are being laid off due to no building work going on.
If the recession is gonna hit Canada that bad, then it will just not be carpenters but a lot of trades and professions etc that could be hit. We may even have a list with 0 jobs on it

Seriously though, I imagine certain jobs are definately going to be on there regardless of what happens.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

If the recession is gonna hit Canada that bad, then it will just not be carpenters but a lot of trades and professions etc that could be hit. We may even have a list with 0 jobs on it

Seriously though, I imagine certain jobs are definately going to be on there regardless of what happens.
I used carpenter as an example and I'm not suggesting that carpenters will no longer be needed in Canada. I don't know how badly affected Canada will be, but bear in mind that their main export market is the US which is going to be badly affected. If consumers in the US stop buying Canadian goods then this won't just have an effect on the manufacturers of those goods, there will be a knock-on effect on the Canadian economy as a whole.

However, I also think that Canada is in a good position to ride out the storm and make an early recovery but it doesn't suprise me that CIC are holding on until the last minute before publishing the next list. They don't want to fast track lots of people in who then can't get a job and become a burden on the country and therefore the economy.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:40 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by sinope
I used carpenter as an example and I'm not suggesting that carpenters will no longer be needed in Canada. I don't know how badly affected Canada will be, but bear in mind that their main export market is the US which is going to be badly affected. If consumers in the US stop buying Canadian goods then this won't just have an effect on the manufacturers of those goods, there will be a knock-on effect on the Canadian economy as a whole.

However, I also think that Canada is in a good position to ride out the storm and make an early recovery but it doesn't suprise me that CIC are holding on until the last minute before publishing the next list. They don't want to fast track lots of people in who then can't get a job and become a burden on the country and therefore the economy.
From what I have read and heard Canada may well be in a position to ride out the worst of the storm. Only time will tell on that one, the problem is that it will probably create even more delays for potential immigrants.