Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

[Common Law Sponsorship] Interview request

[Common Law Sponsorship] Interview request

Old Feb 19th 2012, 10:41 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default [Common Law Sponsorship] Interview request

A bit of an odd thread as I am already PR, but it is something I meant to have asked for a while.

As we know, applying outland when you're in Canada is usually a much quicker way to get PR via the common law sponsorship route. One drawback is that if you are called for an interview then you need to visit the visa office you submitted the application to, for example, in the UK.

Has anyone who has gone the outland route been asked to attend an interview, preferably in the UK, and if so, what was the timeframe given? Did you have to reschedule the interview as it was too close to the current date and thus you would have incurred a large expense due to having to book flights and accommodation at very short notice, and also taking time off work (if employed)?

I fully understand that if you want PR then you will do anything to reach that goal, so incurring additional expense (probably small in the grand scheme of things) isn't a massive deal, but it does add a bit of stress to the proceedings.