Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

***New occupation list for FSW Cat 1***

Wikiposts

***New occupation list for FSW Cat 1***

Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:48 am
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ***New occupation list for FSW Cat 1***

That's ok christmasoopa.

Further up this thread there is discussion betweem PPM and crazy72 about the new application rules applicable as of June 26/10. There are significant changes as to what is required when you now submit to CIO and I guess I'm just pointing out that these changes are not reflected in all the areas they should be.

J.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, still confused though. The FAQ also talk about the changes in 2008, so not sure if the FAQ have been updated or not. There used to be a SAP prior to 2008 but they withdrew that option when they changed things in 2008.

My brain hurts........
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:36 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New occupation list for FSW 1 in effect

Originally Posted by chanceUK
they still dont want me - maybe i should quit veterinary medicine and become a cook!
Except as a vet you can be quite easily sponsored so keep your chin up.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, still confused though. The FAQ also talk about the changes in 2008, so not sure if the FAQ have been updated or not. There used to be a SAP prior to 2008 but they withdrew that option when they changed things in 2008.

My brain hurts........
Please read the Step 3 at the bottom of this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

where it is stated:

3. Supporting documents

The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.

Also on page 17 of the application Guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

in section 'What documents are required' it is stated:

Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5612) to help you gather the necessary documents to submit your application to the CIO.
Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now.
If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by crazy72
Please read the Step 3 at the bottom of this page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

where it is stated:

3. Supporting documents

The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.

Also on page 17 of the application Guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

in section 'What documents are required' it is stated:

Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5612) to help you gather the necessary documents to submit your application to the CIO.
Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now.
If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you.

Please read the checklist for CIO Sydney, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.PDF Note No. 12 where it states Visa office specific document checklist for the visa office that serves read to the right it says COPY
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Please read the checklist for CIO Sydney, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.PDF Note No. 12 where it states Visa office specific document checklist for the visa office that serves read to the right it says COPY
Yes, copy of the completed checklist. Plus of course documents from that checklist.

It is all obviously quite confusing still - CIC must make it clear what they want.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

My brain hurts........
The FAQ you probably refer to are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...lled/index.asp

and yes, they apply to the changes made as of Feb 2008.

But the new FAQ dated 2010-06-26 are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...010-06-26c.asp

and in the answer to question #9 CIC states that "... shaves 120 days off the total processing time, because this is the time we allowed applicants to send in their supporting documents."

So, no more 120 days.

Last edited by crazy72; Jun 27th 2010 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Further study of newest FSW application guide (EG7) confirms that there is no more 120 days letter/email requesting the full package of supporting documents.

Please read carefully attached page 37 from the EG7 guide - the page telling applicant what will happen next. There is nothing about request for documents, 120 days, etc., nothing.

This page may also be the indication that CIC may have already moved or at least started moving away from processing applications by visa posts and doing it all (except background check etc.) in Canada.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EG7 page 37.pdf (55.8 KB, 155 views)
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Evan for native English speakers?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674330
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:39 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Evan for native English speakers?
You'd better brush up on your spelling then, Edo

Old Jun 28th 2010, 1:29 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
You'd better brush up on your spelling then, Edo

Sorry I deleted my post after finding an answer on one of the front pages, and before realising that you have already honoured me with your reply. But I dont think I spelled anything wrong. 'May be you should have gone to Specsavers'

Last edited by Edo; Jun 28th 2010 at 2:02 am.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:09 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Sorry I deleted my post after finding an answer on one of the front pages, and before realising that you have already honoured me with your reply. But I dont think I spelled anything wrong. 'May be you should have gone to Specsavers'
You can see your spelling mistake in the quoted section of my reply

Edited to add: And i see you've made another error in this one

All in good humour of course.

Last edited by el_richo; Jun 28th 2010 at 2:12 am.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:15 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
You can see your spelling mistake in the quoted section of my reply

Edited to add: And i see you've made another error in this one

All in good humour of course.

I just try to make you laugh so you can enjoy your time on this forum

Last edited by Edo; Jun 28th 2010 at 2:18 am.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:34 am
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Glad we got our visa in December as the occupation is no longer there..

Good luck to all those still waiting..
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

ali2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Crazy,

Does this means, they may start processing into next phase on applications under previous rules?

Or they will follow the old rules and methodology while dealing with applications submitted before 26th june,2010 (i.e. 120 days email bla bla)?

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.