Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Tdotdot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: *** Canadian Experience Class update ***

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
WE don't have final details yet and I don't expect to see them before Summer, although I've been wrong few times in the past with my predictions.

So far proposed rules state that Canadian experience must be obtained after graduation, if one wants to use 2-years education and 1-year experience rule.

Co-Op (depending how it is set up) was rarely counted as work experience as it usually is part of education program. And it is not full time anyway as it is alternated with classes.
Thanks Andrew for all the info. I just want to know why does the work experience have to be obtained after graduation? If the work done was full-time, paid, for more than a stretch of 12 months, and fits in the NOC Levels of 0, A and B, shouldnt it be equally credible as work done after graduation? Has this been proposed to the cabinet so far?

If the rules are finalised as stated, a lot of international students who have worked hard to secure top notch internship jobs and contributed to the canadian economy will be at a disadvantage and those that have simply obtained a degree without similar achievements and been lucky enough to get hired after graduation will go through. This simply seems unfair. What do you think?

Last edited by Tdotdot; Feb 19th 2008 at 5:52 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

virtuallypresent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

Is there any other update on CEC? and have they put on any dates that can tell when they will be implementing this class... ?
Old May 12th 2008, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

virtuallypresent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

I need your suggestion.

I have PGWP as well as the LMO.... and I qualify under both SW and CEC(with its current requirements) classes.

Which way should I be selecting, should I wait for CEC or go with SW class now?

Actually I am trying to ignore any US visits for Interview and I do not want to give the IELTS test again ....so should I wait for CEC?

Please also let me know if you have any update on CEC (when they will gonna implement this class).

Thanks in advance....
Old May 12th 2008, 11:47 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

answered in your other thread
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

it is coming out in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

20,000 visas to be issued under CEC in 2008 - it is 20,000 applications getting higher priority treatment than standard SW applications in Buffalo. You are telling me that 20,000 cases pushed to back burner is not "a dramatic increase in processing times"?

Still a lot of people who meet CEC requirements will select CEC route over SW with arranged employment or PNP route for various reasons, despite stiff requirements.
I thought on the report from last yr it says the target range from CEC route is 10000-12000. am i wrong about this?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Also, if you look into posts here from those who are not happy with their job in Canada, but stick to it just for the sake of applying for PR (as for standard PR case with AE they must be working and keep work permit valid until PR is issued), you may agree that many may dump their jobs and jump into CEC which doesn't require being employed or even keep valid work permit at the time of application. Same with those who cannot extend their work permits anymore but want to apply (better late than never) for PR now.

I don't see a problem with filling up the quota, providing of course that CEC is implemented well before Summer ends.
ME!!!!CEC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:40 am

I just received a CIC email invitation for input/suggestions about proposed CEC regulations that were published on August 9th. The consultation period is 15 days from that date.

Thus don't take anything for granted yet, at least until final version of Regulations is registered and published.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

I just received a CIC email invitation for input/suggestions about proposed CEC regulations that were published on August 9th. The consultation period is 15 days from that date.

Thus don't take anything for granted yet, at least until final version of Regulations is registered and published.
Hi Andrew,do you know the exact date CIC publishes their final version of regulation. Diane Finley is making an announcement tomorrow in Waterloo. Is she going to disclose implementation dates and other details?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Eckhart1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timu, when the final regs come out from CIC they will be published in the Canada Gazette which publishes new Regulations now in force in the section called PART II which is published on every other Wednesday. So keep your eye on the Part II editions of the Canada Gazette. The ones we just read were in Part I which is for proposed regulations so that people can read them and contribute comments.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eckhart1234
Timu, when the final regs come out from CIC they will be published in the Canada Gazette which publishes new Regulations now in force in the section called PART II which is published on every other Wednesday. So keep your eye on the Part II editions of the Canada Gazette. The ones we just read were in Part I which is for proposed regulations so that people can read them and contribute comments.
Where can I read proposed regulations?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Default cec

just keep an eye on what Diane Finley says tmw and we will have a clear view about the new policy!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:02 am

Default Re: cec

You will never get "a clear view" about anything from a politician.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

You will never get "a clear view" about anything from a politician.
Compared with Liberals. the Harper government has done a lots goods for immigration. We need to give them credits!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:22 am

I don't deny it.

But you will not get any definite answers from the speech Minister will make when consultations period started only few days ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.