Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Canadian Experience Class update ***

Regulation changes do go through the full parliamentary process but this can be quick as happened in the spring of 1982.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:11 am
Just Joined

virtuallypresent is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any other update on CEC?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by virtuallypresent
Is there any other update on CEC?
Nope. The deadline for submission of comments and suggestions is end of this month. Then ongoing consultations will take some time. Then add time needed to go through Parliamentary approval. Don't count on finding final rules before late of August or even September.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nope. The deadline for submission of comments and suggestions is end of this month. Then ongoing consultations will take some time. Then add time needed to go through Parliamentary approval. Don't count on finding final rules before late of August or even September.
Except there will probably be an election call in the meantime, and it will all be for nought as usual.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Except there will probably be an election call in the meantime, and it will all be for nought as usual.
Seems a very inefficient way to pass Regulations.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:44 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It is inefficient but it was set up that way to ensure that the will of parliament was followed rather than that of a cabinet minister. It was a concern for the rights of the applicants. The latest example of that saw the department lose a court case because they did not do what they promised parliament regarding the pre-2000 cases. Most other regulations do not follow that path.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Do you have any comments and suggestions for them ... Will you like to share with us?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:51 am

Consultations are closed to general public, thus I can't share comments and suggestions I submitted, sorry.

But you can draw some conclusion from all my posts in this thread...
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Consultations are closed to general public, thus I can't share comments and suggestions I submitted, sorry.

But you can draw some conclusion from all my posts in this thread...
Thanks andrew you are really helpful and quick in answering ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

Hi Andrew,

First of all, thanks for sharing all your information with us. I appreciate it.

For CEC, do you know if the CO-OP work experience counts? I mean it is full time work and related to your degree and same as the entry level full time positions but it's alternated between your school terms so not really obtained after you graduate.

For that matter, do you know if CO-OP experience counts when you apply for SW or PNP?

Thanks alot and I totally agree with someone about all the difficulties international students face in the job market. And also it's extremely unfair to not utilize someone who has been educated in Canada, has lived in Canada and established himself. CEC, with it's current conditions doesn't help anyone since whoever qualifies already qualify for SW!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:12 pm

WE don't have final details yet and I don't expect to see them before Summer, although I've been wrong few times in the past with my predictions.

So far proposed rules state that Canadian experience must be obtained after graduation, if one wants to use 2-years education and 1-year experience rule.

Co-Op (depending how it is set up) was rarely counted as work experience as it usually is part of education program. And it is not full time anyway as it is alternated with classes.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

WE don't have final details yet and I don't expect to see them before Summer, although I've been wrong few times in the past with my predictions.

So far proposed rules state that Canadian experience must be obtained after graduation, if one wants to use 2-years education and 1-year experience rule.

Co-Op (depending how it is set up) was rarely counted as work experience as it usually is part of education program. And it is not full time anyway as it is alternated with classes.
Thanks Andrew. When you said CO-OP (depending on how it's set up); what do you think if someone did 8 months full time paid work related to field of study (no school), came back to school for 4 months and did another 8 months full time work.

Thanks! Do you represent these cases?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:12 pm

What about before the first 8 months of work? Was the work part of education program?

If these 2 8-months periods are your only skilled work experience then you don't meet the definition of skilled worker - as such requires a minimum of 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) of paid and continuous employment in skilled occupation.

There is nothing to represent yet as CEC is not implemented yet and we don't know final rules.

It is also impossible to give you any suggestion based on limited info you provided.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:41 am

Article in Toronto Star - with conclusions in line with my earlier assessment of the impact of CEC on processing times in SW class:

http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/299704
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Tdotdot is an unknown quantity at this point

What about before the first 8 months of work? Was the work part of education program?

If these 2 8-months periods are your only skilled work experience then you don't meet the definition of skilled worker - as such requires a minimum of 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) of paid and continuous employment in skilled occupation.

There is nothing to represent yet as CEC is not implemented yet and we don't know final rules.

It is also impossible to give you any suggestion based on limited info you provided.
I am at a similar disadvantage as you if the proposed conditions to be eligible for CEC pass. This is my case... can anybody give me advise if however i would be eligible to apply through CEC?

I am now a fourth year aerospace engineering student about to graduate in a few months. After my second year, i did 4 months of full time work at an aero engine manufacturing company. If that may seem trivial, consider this. After my third year, i opted for a 16 month internship which wasnt part of my study requirements for my degree but was just as good as an entry level job that I would get after I graduated. Wont this 16 month full time work experience count towards anything if I had opted to apply through CEC. This job that I held also fits in the NOC Levels of 0, A and B and is considered valuable experience if I were to apply to jobs after I graduate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.