Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

*** Canadian Experience Class update ***

Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: *** Canadian Experience Class update ***

I was wondering how exactly they calculate the full time work? I know it says 37.5 hours a week full time or equivlent.

In my field when you work for a company its on short term contracts that typically last three or four months and whilst you can get repeat contracts your always working with a different company (when a film company makes a film it sets up a company to deal with that one film so that the assests of the main company arent taken if the film is a finacial failure), I'm planning on getting my years experience by doing a bunac visa which doesnt tie me down to one company but will that cause problems counting my work for the experience class program?

I was also wondering does the two years of education need to be continuous and on the same course? can I take two one year programs?

I'm thinking of taking New Media Communications Certificate http://www.siast.sk.ca/programs_cour.../NMCCERT.shtml and graphics arts certificate http://www.siast.sk.ca/programs_cour.../GAPCERT.shtml.

Will it be a problem if their cirtiftactes and not diplomas?

Last edited by stubby42; Apr 17th 2009 at 1:58 am.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by stubby42
I was wondering how exactly they calculate the full time work? I know it says 37.5 hours a week full time or equivlent.

In my field when you work for a company its on short term contracts that typically last three or four months and whilst you can get repeat contracts your always working with a different company (when a film company makes a film it sets up a company to deal with that one film so that the assests of the main company arent taken if the film is a finacial failure), I'm planning on getting my years experience by doing a bunac visa which doesnt tie me down to one company but will that cause problems counting my work for the experience class program?

I was also wondering does the two years of education need to be continuous and on the same course? can I take two one year programs?

I'm thinking of taking New Media Communications Certificate http://www.siast.sk.ca/programs_cour.../NMCCERT.shtml and graphics arts certificate http://www.siast.sk.ca/programs_cour.../GAPCERT.shtml.

Will it be a problem if their cirtiftactes and not diplomas?
Looking at the CEC requirements, it states in Education that"

Education is only assessed if you are applying as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution.

If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

* a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
* a one-year Master’s program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).

Op25 states
"To qualify the applicant must have:
• been enrolled full-time in a program of study or training with a duration of at least two years (i.e., two academic years of at least eight months excluding scheduled breaks, such as summer holidays);

So your 2 1 year courses would not qualify in MHO
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thats depressing, not that I could afford the second corse anyway.

Thanks for the help.