********** offer of employment

Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

bexstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ********** offer of employment

Hi,

I've read a lot of threads questioning various job offers for trades in Vancouver with a 2 year temporary visa - does anyone know if it is genuine or a scam?

My boyfriend has been offered a carpentry job through ******** and I just wondered if anyone here has gone to Canada through them??

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ********** offer of employment

Hi bexstar,

Firstly, welcome to BE.

Secondly, I think you got the answer to your own question when the company name you mentioned got the *********** treatment by the BE website.

However, there do appear to be a number of carpentry success stories on BE so do perservere.

Kind regards,

Eamonn
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying but at the risk of sounding stupid do you mean it proably is a con?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:05 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bexstar;6819766]Thanks for replying but at the risk of sounding stupid do you mean it proably is a con?[/QUOTE]

possibly yes

you can try typing the name again into the search function and you may get some hits.

Good luck
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough

Hi Bextar,

My son has been offered a job offer in Vancouver this advert appeared in a recognsed emigrate monthly magazine. They are hosting seminars in London and Huddersfield next month we are going to check it out with him he is a carpenter/joiner also. This is a 2 Year TWP also so will let you know how it goes. Cheers Len
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi

it was the same advert as that - what are your thoughts on the company?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

We have checked the website and have all the information on company and job offer seems ok they have stated there will be no charge securing job offer just the fee for 2 year work permit confirmation. So will attend seminar and check it out in more detail. Cheers Len
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:28 pm
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

I've read a few threads about this company and they are a few members on here who have gone through them and been out there for a few months, so it seems legit xx
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenart
We have checked the website and have all the information on company and job offer seems ok they have stated there will be no charge securing job offer just the fee for 2 year work permit confirmation. So will attend seminar and check it out in more detail. Cheers Len
There is no fee involved to get a positive LMO which is what your employer needs so you can get a work permit, unless the job is LMO exempt.

When you get to the border you have to pay the immigration officer $150 for the work permit. It doesn't matter if you have already paid the agency, you can't get out of this $150 fee.

So the con is in the agency saying that you only pay fees for work permits.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Cool thanks for your help on this

I'm confused, really want to go for it but don't want to lose any money!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bexstar
Cool thanks for your help on this

I'm confused, really want to go for it but don't want to lose any money!!
Hi bexstar - we may be wrong...always happy to bow to those that have direct experience and who say all is well. Just make sure you don't end up paying someone to find you a job - you can do that yourself and with the help of Expats and other resources, for free.

Kind regards,

Eamonn and Janet.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:51 pm
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi bexstar - we may be wrong...always happy to bow to those that have direct experience and who say all is well. Just make sure you don't end up paying someone to find you a job - you can do that yourself and with the help of Expats and other resources, for free.

Kind regards,

Eamonn and Janet.

Sorry to gatecrash, but Eamonn and Janet, I'm totally loving your blog on your new life in Okotoks, I think I've shown all my family your piccies and even they are in awe.

Laura xx
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DSLJFreeman
Sorry to gatecrash, but Eamonn and Janet, I'm totally loving your blog on your new life in Okotoks, I think I've shown all my family your piccies and even they are in awe.

Laura xx

Thank you!

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenart
Hi Bextar,

My son has been offered a job offer in Vancouver this advert appeared in a recognsed emigrate monthly magazine. They are hosting seminars in London and Huddersfield next month we are going to check it out with him he is a carpenter/joiner also. This is a 2 Year TWP also so will let you know how it goes. Cheers Len
When is this? I could go undercover and investigate them...

It's not often you hear London and Huddersfield in the same sentence that's for sure!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Adele,

19th October 2.00pm - 4.00pm Cedar Hotel in Huddersfield.

Cheers Len

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.