Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Zártkert regulation extension

Zártkert regulation extension

Old Dec 17th 2016, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zártkert regulation extension

The regulations regarding zártkert (enclosed garden) whereby these properties can be taken out of the classification of agricultural land has been extended for one year. (was due to end Dec. 2016)

By removing the zártkert from agricultural land classification means that these properties can be bought and sold without the issues connected with agricultural land. (sale to foreigners, requirement to be a registered land user, maximum hectarage etc.)

Anyone who has a zártkert classified property should IMO consider taking the property out of agricultural classification

The change was/is free of land office charges (as far as I know)
Old Dec 17th 2016, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zártkert regulation extension

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
The regulations regarding zártkert (enclosed garden) whereby these properties can be taken out of the classification of agricultural land has been extended for one year. (was due to end Dec. 2016)

By removing the zártkert from agricultural land classification means that these properties can be bought and sold without the issues connected with agricultural land. (sale to foreigners, requirement to be a registered land user, maximum hectarage etc.)

Anyone who has a zártkert classified property should IMO consider taking the property out of agricultural classification

The change was/is free of land office charges (as far as I know)
One thing I wish to add that once you are the Owner unable to Sell again for 5 years as per my contract of Purchasing and this Land will more than likely never in-cress in value digger47
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for this change for my zártkert over a year ago and finally received an updated land registry record yesterday. Section I now contains the text: zártkertí művelés alól kivett terület és gazdasági épület (area and farm buildings removed from closed garden cultivation).
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by almafak
I applied for this change for my zártkert over a year ago and finally received an updated land registry record yesterday. Section I now contains the text: zártkertí művelés alól kivett terület és gazdasági épület (area and farm buildings removed from closed garden cultivation).
Ok good but watt Benefits I believe there is non unless everyone around your Plot as don the same Your place will not increase in value it will only give to yourself that Feeling you have some Land in Hungary digger47
Old Jun 8th 2017, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Digger, for some people it surely is good that now they have an address (for residency e g). When the law was changed there suddenly appeared many signs around here in the village giving the street and number of the house for these objects ....
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfi
Digger, for some people it surely is good that now they have an address (for residency e g). When the law was changed there suddenly appeared many signs around here in the village giving the street and number of the house for these objects ....
May be so, But they should remember They will not Make any Profit out of This Land, watt they paid for Land is there Return I Know digger47
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
Ok good but watt Benefits I believe there is non unless everyone around your Plot as don the same Your place will not increase in value it will only give to yourself that Feeling you have some Land in Hungary digger47
The benefit is that the property no longer comes under the agricultural land laws.
The value of property in Hungary does not increase in value in the same way as in the UK. And whilst in the UK village properties, especially those with good connections, will carry a premium particularly if they nave a big plot the same can not be said for Hungary - which is why Brits coming over here find such properties cheap and whilst they are cheap to buy they typically will remain so and it is possible to spend more on renovations than the value of the property, which is not a problem if people understand that and make the decision to renovate for the long term use.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the current maximum land an eu citizen can buy? 1 hectare or more? Does this apply only to eu citizens?
Old Jun 9th 2017, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Szeged
What is the current maximum land an eu citizen can buy? 1 hectare or more? Does this apply only to eu citizens?
1 hectare, this also applies to Hungarians. I am not sure about non EU citizens. The limit does not apply to inherited lands but if you inherit land and this takes you over the 1ha then you can not buy more but you will not have to sell to reduce your holdings.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the clarification, Peter, and for the extra helpful paragraph at the end; which many people might not of known about, but will surely appreciate.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Szeged. As mentioned, Peters last para very much appreciated

Hmmm to put this into my own little perspective, my bit is 4,000 something m2. I cannot recall the exact amount now. This equates to about .4 hectare. Its Saturday night and uncle Jack has been to visit so my maths may be way off.

I have been offered the property next door for what I believe to be an extortionist price albeit with a similar sized land area. If I had to buy that property then this 1-hectare business would put me close to the "limit" would it not?

The reason why I mention and ask about it, is that I have my beady eyes on a little vineyard about 40/45 minutes away. The exact size in m2 of that property is still tba but in any event all 3 properties would make my single ownership way over the 1 hectare limit. Is my reasoning/thinking correct in view of the total hectare allowance for a single person ownership? It is of course possible that I have the whole subject ass about face.

Could one of the properties be registered in the current Mrs's name without this affecting "my limit"?

I am aware that this is an open forum so please feel free to pm me with any advice or suggestion if you don’t want to advise/suggest on here.

Cheers

Gba
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

One thought that came to me here was: Why not forget about the neighbour's land and just go for a bigger slice of the vineyard? I would ask myself what would be gained sales-wise and/or business-wise from owning one or the other. And also the maintenance costs.

Yes, if you wanted both lands I would consider putting one in the wife's name, uncle bob's name or whoever's name; but only if I could do something with the land(s). I.e. if they wouldn't be too costly to run/maintain and I could perhaps grow crops and/or have animals on them for food produce and other purposes (i.e. eggs, chickens, pigs, goats, milk, sheep (to cut the grass!), horses for riding and so on).
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GBA77
Szeged. As mentioned, Peters last para very much appreciated

Hmmm to put this into my own little perspective, my bit is 4,000 something m2. I cannot recall the exact amount now. This equates to about .4 hectare. Its Saturday night and uncle Jack has been to visit so my maths may be way off.

I have been offered the property next door for what I believe to be an extortionist price albeit with a similar sized land area. If I had to buy that property then this 1-hectare business would put me close to the "limit" would it not?

The reason why I mention and ask about it, is that I have my beady eyes on a little vineyard about 40/45 minutes away. The exact size in m2 of that property is still tba but in any event all 3 properties would make my single ownership way over the 1 hectare limit. Is my reasoning/thinking correct in view of the total hectare allowance for a single person ownership? It is of course possible that I have the whole subject ass about face.

Could one of the properties be registered in the current Mrs's name without this affecting "my limit"?

I am aware that this is an open forum so please feel free to pm me with any advice or suggestion if you don’t want to advise/suggest on here.

Cheers

Gba
Putting the land in someone elses name (= someone else owning it) gets around the problem of 1ha max, but this can bite back in the future because of course that other person legally owns the land. There are rules about family member ownership that apply to the upper limit of land ownership but I am not sure how this may apply to the 1ha limit. If the lands in question are categorised as Zártkert (closed gardens) then if they have been taken out of the agricultural category then the 1ha limit would not apply (AFAIK).
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Putting the land in someone elses name (= someone else owning it) gets around the problem of 1ha max, but this can bite back in the future because of course that other person legally owns the land. There are rules about family member ownership that apply to the upper limit of land ownership but I am not sure how this may apply to the 1ha limit. If the lands in question are categorised as Zártkert (closed gardens) then if they have been taken out of the agricultural category then the 1ha limit would not apply (AFAIK).
I am in agreement with Peter in one Part As now realized to my Demise Lovasbereny is being Sold but when I first cane over Zartkert could not be in my Name so went into ex-wife name and One part of the Sales contract outlines I Payed for the Land and Property this wad after sales contract was signed But as Peter seed can cause problems Now because I have upset HER Big Time by moving on in Life it is Looking Like if place is Sold I get nothing, OK some one say there is Legal Ways can not afford that, all so Speech in Hungarian is Limited, digger47
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Good points made Peter and Digger47, and in no way am I rubbishing them or trashing your valuable knowledges here, but at the end of the day you need to trust someone if you are going down the route of that someone else helping you out.

Example: I was only 9 months into relationship with my HU GF when I asked her and her family members to transfer my money over to Hungary for me (I was working in the UK), exchange it into HUF, pay for builders and so on. This was initially over a 3 month period whereby at any point they could of ripped me off and run away with my money. Back then I knew almost nothing about Hungary, it rules, culture and people, but I believed in my HU GF and her family members.

Obviously you can trust people at first and later they will rip you off, but as said: When you are in a situation where you want/need something (in GBA77's case a small land and possibly a vineyard) but are not in a position to get it yourself (because of certain limitations), you need to look at helpful family members, friends, etc. Saying this of course, Peter makes a good point about the rules and regulations regarding family member ownership and the 1ha limit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.