Kitchens

Old May 22nd 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitchens

Can anyone suggest where we can buy a new kitchen?

I've found some websites but they do not have prices.

We may get one from Ikea as we've seen a couple we like.

Not sure we could afford a swanky Italian job but without prices it's difficult to decide what to do.

Brian can fit it so it's supply only.

Judy
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kitchens

There is a Pratika and Obi store in Szekesferhervar, failing that Veszprem has some big stores. The trouble with Ikea is that they charge for delivery which can make any purchase expensive, so unless you have your own transport this could be a block.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a big van so collection is not a problem.

We've seen the ones in OBI and Praktiker but not very keen on them.

Thanks
Old May 24th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I have been very disappointed with my Praktiker kitchen units. I bought a package deal set of units and now find they won't supply an extra 600 mm wall unit, only another complete package. Also, I had not realised that the base units come with worktops, which are required to hold the cupboard together. I had intended having long worktops to extend over the washing machine etc. but now I'm stuck with hardy any worktop space. It also meant I had to get the old fashioned sit on sink unit instead of the inset type. I got that in OBI where there was a choice of one, which I don't really like. It is a double sink type whereas I wanted a single sink with draining board.
Old May 27th 2012, 6:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you can enquire locally about having one custom made (there is usually a carpenter in most of the larger villages) then IKEA is probably your best bet.