Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Originally Posted by atox
Do you know if they also show the late night matches there? I'd like to watch Belgium-S. Korea there this week but it's at 10PM.
I would think so as the England match started at 9pm. I am not sure how to find out but maybe the Vezprem tourist information office would know. Have fun!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:41 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if they also show the late night matches there? I'd like to watch Belgium-S. Korea there this week but it's at 10PM.
Don't want to speak for Cathy but in case the match is tonight.... I think if you check the earlier pages of this thread, she said England's 10pm match was shown so I think they must be showing all of them - even better when it's also the beer festival
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:44 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, sorry Cathy, wasn't sure if you were about
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info, gonna drive over there on thursday and hope for the best
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:19 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hope you had a nice time on Thursday?
Shame the changes hadn't been made in the earlier matches as it might then be a different story!

What about Suarez, can't believe the hatred being shown by the Uruguayan camp to the English
Old Jun 27th 2014, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hope you had a nice time on Thursday?
Shame the changes hadn't been made in the earlier matches as it might then be a different story!

What about Suarez, can't believe the hatred being shown by the Uruguayan camp to the English
The English have always been seen as the baddies in the world .... despite being a very small country!
Old Jun 30th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky Holland beat Mexico!
Well done to Costa Rica for beating Greece. It's amazing how far Costa Rica have got because there population is only 5 million!
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:24 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Lucky Holland beat Mexico!
Well done to Costa Rica for beating Greece. It's amazing how far Costa Rica have got because there population is only 5 million!
There's been some interesting results so far... I was really rooting for the Algerian under dogs purely because their goalie was amazing!

With neither France nor Germany creating anything special in their last matches it's difficult to say which way their match will go
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
There's been some interesting results so far... I was really rooting for the Algerian under dogs purely because their goalie was amazing!

With neither France nor Germany creating anything special in their last matches it's difficult to say which way their match will go
Finally back from sunny France and have a mountian of footage to process but the World Cup is really getting to the nitty gritty now!

As typically happens once you leave the group phase the games become more tight and tense as it is the point of no return, I love it, the games have been fascinating to watch if not the most fluid and free flowing!

France have surprised me with their physical presence so far but Germany created so many chances during the game with Algeria and should have done much better, still a tough game to call!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Was surprised how poorly Belgium played against USA. Was disappointed Switzerland did not beat Argentina who I thought were absolute rubbish with all their star players.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by llareggub
Finally back from sunny France and have a mountian of footage to process but the World Cup is really getting to the nitty gritty now!

As typically happens once you leave the group phase the games become more tight and tense as it is the point of no return, I love it, the games have been fascinating to watch if not the most fluid and free flowing!

France have surprised me with their physical presence so far but Germany created so many chances during the game with Algeria and should have done much better, still a tough game to call!
I was beginning to think you had fallen overboard! Hope the filming was a success.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, gonna drive over there on thursday and hope for the best
Hi Atox

Did you manage to get over to Veszprem. We went in last night for a meal and watched a bit of the Germany France game. It is so nice to sit out in the sun watching the football but lacks a bit of the atmosphere you get back in the UK. Still if Hungary were playing it might be a different matter. The way Orban seems to be committed to Football maybe they will have better luck in the future.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:31 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Was surprised how poorly Belgium played against USA. Was disappointed Switzerland did not beat Argentina who I thought were absolute rubbish with all their star players.
I missed both of those games, mums not been well, I asked my daughter last night who the USA had next Watching the Netherlands game now so getting back on track.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cathyg
Hi Atox

Did you manage to get over to Veszprem. We went in last night for a meal and watched a bit of the Germany France game. It is so nice to sit out in the sun watching the football but lacks a bit of the atmosphere you get back in the UK. Still if Hungary were playing it might be a different matter. The way Orban seems to be committed to Football maybe they will have better luck in the future.
Hi Cathy,

I managed to watch a game in Veszprem. It sure beats just watching on the telly at home. I saw Belgium - Argentina in Siofok yesterday and that was amazing, great atmosphere there. Too bad we lost
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

So far so good for my predictions 2 from 4 of the semi finalists and if Belgium had of been more decisive up front my dark horses could have replaced Argentina.

Brazil are still looking poor but home momentum is a valuable thing in football and still could squeeze through, but the Dutch, what can you say substituting your goal keeper 30 seconds before a shoot out and he goes the right way 5 times and saves 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.