Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:16 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Originally Posted by llareggub
I missed the USA game because I was so enthrall end by the thriller between Iran and Nigeria (boy was it turgid stuff)... Belgium (my dark horses) tonight and intrigued to see how the strength they have marries with the 2 or 3 flair players they have.
Hope I'm correct in reading the irony there, we lost interest before half time. Looking forward to the Belgium game tonight as one of our members has gone out on a limb with them, can't quite remember who
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hope I'm correct in reading the irony there, we lost interest before half time. Looking forward to the Belgium game tonight as one of our members has gone out on a limb with them, can't quite remember who
What sort of crazy loon would do that
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:14 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of crazy loon would do that
Not sure, we get all sorts on here... think he might have blown in like a (dammit, where's the tumbleweed icon when you need it) from those Great Plains
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I managed to catch some of the US match, well done them! Unfortunately, I missed the fireworks of the Germany game and have been waiting for highlights on TV this morning, in between doing lunches and school runs but not seen it yet.
Well, coffee stop over, second school run of the morning to do.
Dunno if any of you noticed that Joachim Löw and the assistant manager always wear identical clothing. Think it was in the Daily Mail or someone on FB who spotted this ....

Portugal, my Work World Cup Sweepstake Team, were absolute rubbish. Nani continued his poor Man.Utd form and Ronaldo appeared to have been overwhelmed by the curse of winning the Ballon D'Or.

Last edited by FenTiger; Jun 17th 2014 at 11:43 am.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't watch the Iran v. Nigeria match ...... due to security alert at Battersea Power Station .... turned out a gas canister was leaking so train services were suspended until resolved. Atleast I managed to get home to watch Portugal v.Germany on ITV+1 from the start albeit one hour behind. I refused to look at the online news or go onto FB just in case I saw the final score before it finished!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:56 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Didn't watch the Iran v. Nigeria match ...... due to security alert at Battersea Power Station .... turned out a gas canister was leaking so train services were suspended until resolved. Atleast I managed to get home to watch Portugal v.Germany on ITV+1 from the start albeit one hour behind. I refused to look at the online news or go onto FB just in case I saw the final score before it finished!

Wow, that must have been a bit worrying Fen, glad it was nothing more serious and to be honest, you didn't miss much! I've now seen the highlights and gutted I didn't get to watch the full match.

Are you watching the Belgium match tonight - had a tip from a questionable source that they might be one to watch
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

You need to be careful who you listen to RH
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:48 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

You mean I got duped
the duper I say
Old Jun 17th 2014, 4:00 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Here we go, time to see if my questionable source is a duper
Old Jun 17th 2014, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow, that must have been a bit worrying Fen, glad it was nothing more serious and to be honest, you didn't miss much! I've now seen the highlights and gutted I didn't get to watch the full match.

Are you watching the Belgium match tonight - had a tip from a questionable source that they might be one to watch
Just got home to see the penalty!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 5:37 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Just got home to see the penalty!
Had to make a dash to town for some hiking boots! Listened on the radio and got in just in time to see the second Belgian goal
Old Jun 17th 2014, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Had to make a dash to town for some hiking boots! Listened on the radio and got in just in time to see the second Belgian goal
With the way Fellaini has been playing for Man Utd who'd have thought he would pop up and score the first Belgian goal! Seems he is back to what he is good at and in a red shirt but not Man Utd.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 6:38 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

With the way Fellaini has been playing for Man Utd who'd have thought he would pop up and score the first Belgian goal! Seems he is back to what he is good at and in a red shirt but not Man Utd.
I missed that one, will need to watch it on the highlights, sounds as though he's back on form and means my questionable source isn't so questionable after all....

Daughter has Mexico, England, Switzerland and Honduras in her clubs sweepstake, so she'll being watching the next one
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Playing against a flat back 11 is tough for anyone, unless I missed one whilst going for a comfort break Algeria had 3 shots on goal and one of them was the penalty which Vertognen never needed to give away...

Showed discipline and patience to get back into it with well measured subs from the manager, still room for improvement but smart enough even if it wasn't electric football, but I don't expect them ever to be electric.

Fellaini never got a chance to sit in that little hole for Man U he was always played a little deeper which is why to my mind he looked so weak.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Brazil sure are finding mexico hard to break down but I think Fred going off is a good thing as he hasn't really performed....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.