Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Old Jun 15th 2014, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

I don't think it was a massive surprise, this is the second score I have predicted correctly so far this tournament... I don't think anything is necessarily wrong, we just don't possess the talent or experience of Italy....

I certainly think squeezing in Raheem Sterling will make it difficult for Rooney to perform, the young lad loves running at people and unfortunately gives the ball away 80/% of the time making it tough to have a linked up attack. At least he put in a cracking cross for the goal, no sure why the media are singling out but they certainly are, let's face it our captain was even worst than Rooney last night.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 1:56 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

From a laymans point of view, I thought they held their own against them but were just missing something up front. Whether that was Rooney playing on the wing or the inexperience or style of Sterling's game I don't know but you mentioning lining up an attack probably hits the nail on the head as they seemed disconnected up front. What's your prediction for Thursday's game?
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
From a laymans point of view, I thought they held their own against them but were just missing something up front. Whether that was Rooney playing on the wing or the inexperience or style of Sterling's game I don't know but you mentioning lining up an attack probably hits the nail on the head as they seemed disconnected up front. What's your prediction for Thursday's game?
If Uruguayan current form can be trusted then I can see a comparatively comfortable win for England but there are so many variables at the moment, if the ox is fit and we move Rooney centrally I can see a better balance and less
loss of the ball... Naturally Suarez is a concern, he is a fool but the best out and out striker in the world, but given that they did not risk him given the dire straights they were in against Costa Rica makes me wonder if his injury is more serious than portrayed?

Who knows really, we all love being arm chair managers but the gam is so complex, I successfully predicted scores on 2 of the games so far and said that Spain would certainly lose to holland but beyond that I am only picking the obvious stuff... Although I think there will be at least 3 for argentina tonight!
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I know the feeling! We're getting the party food and drink, though none for me, set up ready for the kick off but there's every chance I'll fall asleep
It's on in the morning for us. So several expats down here in NZ got together to watch the game. Some of the pubs opened early. Full English breakfasts were to the ready. The Italians watched it in the Italian club .

I think everyone was puzzled about Rooney's position. Close but not close enough for England with that game.

Onwards then. It really is a great international sporting competition.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Half time I feel so bad for the Bosnian player, so unlucky especially with Argentina playing the way they are.

llareggub, I've given up predicting scores, daughter is better than I am She agrees Suarez will be a huge factor on Thursday. When do Belgium play? It one I wouldn't have thought to watch but after what you said, they'll be interesting to watch.

Bev, sounds like you had a good time despite the result! Even my eldest is getting into it as she was working in Berlin with the lads from their Amsterdam studio. She's a bit gutted to be going whale watching in Finland as she'll miss most of the matches and would have been in Amsterdam where there is a real party atmosphere
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Belgium play on Tuesday I believe but my head is all a jibber with travel at the moment, tonight's Germany Portugal game should be good too....

The Bosnian team are good and strong but they have a little craft too and with dzeko they do have a goal threat up front... So much for my 3 goal prediction though
Old Jun 16th 2014, 10:31 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by llareggub
Belgium play on Tuesday I believe but my head is all a jibber with travel at the moment, tonight's Germany Portugal game should be good too....

The Bosnian team are good and strong but they have a little craft too and with dzeko they do have a goal threat up front... So much for my 3 goal prediction though
Daughter's looking forward to the Portugal game, can't remember why

Bosnia did well considering everything, better than I imagined. Are you on route to France now?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter's looking forward to the Portugal game, can't remember why

Bosnia did well considering everything, better than I imagined. Are you on route to France now?
We have a World Cup Sweepstake at work. I've ended up with Portugal. If they win the WC I win £50.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 11:32 am
I bite my thumb at thee

With Ronaldo claiming 100% fitness, it'll be an interesting match. I remembered that's why DD mentioned Portugal, think she might have a bit of a crush going on
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

I arrived in st Malo an hour ago and just heard from my clone that the launch of the boat is delayed.... This could be a long trip!
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Client even!
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I arrived in st Malo an hour ago and just heard from my clone that the launch of the boat is delayed.... This could be a long trip!
I'ld be a bit worried about your palinka intake had you really believed you were talking to your clone!
Hope there's not too much of a delay
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

I'ld be a bit worried about your palinka intake had you really believed you were talking to your clone!
Hope there's not too much of a delay
I'm more of an Unicum kinda chap rather than pálinka
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point

Unicum Good for stomach nerves...LOL

You will all need it if watching the matches.
I personally think that Germany has a good chance to win the WC Fen ...you mean World Cup not WC ( water closet) don't you !

It's the most strong and complete team. They always have Ok players, but play well as a team. They don't lack a good defence and they have a world class goal keeper Neuer and the best striker in the world, forgotten his name, more likely after Argentina...

Maybe if there is GOD's will Brazil may have a good chance to win this year.

Just wait till the end! Good job I do not bet!

Enjoy it anyway!

LZ x
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:22 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I'm more of an Unicum kinda chap rather than pálinka
Never tried the stuff myself but might do if it gives me clones

Looking forward to tonight's match - will you manage to watch it on the boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.