WiFi booster

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WiFi booster

Originally Posted by ecurb
For some routers, the distribution of the wifi signal is not uniform, ie not equal strength in ever direction. You could try move the route through 90 degrees to see if it gives you better coverage in your home. But it may just move the weak spot to a different part of your home.

And you can use a wifi extender on an extension cord, they are very low power devices.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't bought the WiFi booster yet and now we got another issue. The WiFi signal keeps dropping on all our devices. I suspect the WiFi router is faulty. I've switched it off and back on again and no change. Reset my mobile WiFi connectivity but still no change.
The WiFi router is about 55cm off the floor and I think maybe it needs to be higher. I'm going to try moving it 2 metres to see if it makes any difference. Ideally it would be perfect if it was in our bedroom which should increase the WiFi signal range by five metres to the other rooms.
I'm constantly having to switch to mobile broadband. Even this sometimes drops to almost nothing. One thing I've noted is our Bellman pager doorbell transmitter has lost it signal so I'm thinking there's some kind of interference causing problems with our WiFi signal but it doesn't explain the mobile broad band dropping. It's happening on both our smartphones and other devices.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've moved the WiFi router and signal strength seems better so I will have to see how it goes.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with the Wifi and mobile connection may be interference. I use to have a microwave oven that was very effect at blocking the wifi.
If you change nothing and wait, and check again, and it goes back to normal. It may indicate something else is switching on and off.

Have a check to see if anyone is using anything else in your house, when the problem occured. But it could possible be a neighbour has something they use.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

The problem with the Wifi and mobile connection may be interference. I use to have a microwave oven that was very effect at blocking the wifi.
If you change nothing and wait, and check again, and it goes back to normal. It may indicate something else is switching on and off.

Have a check to see if anyone is using anything else in your house, when the problem occured. But it could possible be a neighbour has something they use.
I have a feeling it's a neighbouring property causing the interference. The number of WiFi signal bars in our lounge is the same as a neighbouring property. I think I'll have a look to see which channels are available. I used to have an app on my laptop which showed all the networks and their signal strength.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I have a feeling it's a neighbouring property causing the interference. The number of WiFi signal bars in our lounge is the same as a neighbouring property. I think I'll have a look to see which channels are available. I used to have an app on my laptop which showed all the networks and their signal strength.
I noted the neighbouring property with same number of WiFi signal bars as mine is actually sending out a stronger signal than mine so I'm definitely going to get a WiFi range extender. If no improvement might look into getting a more powerful WiFi router but have no idea if it's allowed? I'm with PR-Telekom.
Old Sep 14th 2021, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bought the TP-Link Mesh WiFi extender from Auchan. Took me a while to set it up. I was rushing the installation.
Great, now got a much better signal all round with the extender and the router. The signal reaches my beer tent too. Perfect!
Old Sep 14th 2021, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful, beers and wifi! egesegedre
Old Sep 14th 2021, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beautiful, beers and wifi! egesegedre
WiFi signal is still top notch. My wife is pleased too because she had started noticing the signal dropping.