British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Who are you celebrating Christmas with? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/who-you-celebrating-christmas-697987/)

Sue Dec 23rd 2010 1:51 pm

Who are you celebrating Christmas with?

Hi everyone, merry Christmas to you. Hope you are all done with your Christmas shopping and stuff and are all ready for Christmas.

We are all ready in our house, presents wrapped and Turkey bought. We are having a nice quiet Christmas this year. No relatives visiting from the UK. It's just me, the hubby our 17 year old son and our mad dog. Who are you celebrating Christmas with?

anonimouse Dec 23rd 2010 5:04 pm

Re: Who are you celebrating Christmas with?

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 9057511)
Hi everyone, merry Christmas to you.
and Turkey bought. Who are you celebrating Christmas with?

Having Christmas dinner with some friends we met here in Hungary several months ago,They live quite close to us, She's English and he is Hungarian, a lovely couple and they have helped us out so much when I first needed hospital treatment here, I call them my life savers, and I can't wait to repay them for all their help somehow in the future.

Oh and talking of Turkeys, don't you think they are very expensive over here?

Merry Christmas to you too:thumbup:

Rural Hungary Dec 24th 2010 12:20 am

Merry Xmas to you Sue, hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Only just finished writing a blog post about why we are having a "Family Only" Xmas this year! Our daughter is over from the UK so we are all together again over the holiday period and not to forget our mad dog, the kitten, the rabbit and Stud - the adopted pigeon (don't ask).

Pretty organised, Xmas cake was iced tonight, Turkey and pork bought, will make the trifle tomorrow and cook the pork before popping rounds some friends to drop off Xmas cards.

Merry Xmas to all, hope it's a good one :thumbsup: and have a drink on me :beer:

FenTiger Dec 26th 2010 9:54 am

We were supposed to be in Hungary for Christmas but my manager at work kept delaying approving my annual leave because he was worried there would be no cover after Christmas and also the work timetable! I am mightily pissed off with him because he is flying to Canada today and is not due back at work until 5th January 2011 which is a day later than he should be back in the office due to work commitments! So we stayed at home, Kent, and because of the recent severe weather we decided we did not want to risk getting stuck anywhere!

Next year I am definitely going to be in Hungary for two whole weeks and I don't care what my manager says!