Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Where are you all ! ?

Where are you all ! ?

Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are you all ! ?

Perhaps it would be best if I drop out of this forum if people have such a low opinion of me. Hopefully I will find the Hungarians less intolerant.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:22 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that if you consider what you are saying before you say it, you will have no problems in Hungary. Good luck.

Yes Evie2 - time to get back on topic. Hope you're finding the posts helpful
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I think its really interesting where everyone lives - great question!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:20 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I think its really interesting where everyone lives - great question!
It is indeed. Hungary is a fairly large country with diverse landscapes from the mountains in the North to the plains in the South and of course Balaton and the Zala Hills.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Notalab is an unknown quantity at this point

Visiting this site for the first time in ages!
We live in Balatonszentgyorgy just around the South side of the Western end of Balaton. I know of 2 other Brit couples who live in the village and 4 others who own properties and are visitors. The Balaton Britons Club has 200 people 'on the books' who in the main live around the Western half of the lake or have holiday properties here. ISTR, that the number of native English speakers who live or visit in the area is probably more that double that figure .... ergo, it's a great place! We find B'szentgyorgy suits our needs as it has shops, [large] railway station, post office, church, hardware store, restaurants etc., and is about 5km to both the lake and the motorway.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Welcome stranger

Yes, we like Balatonszentgyorgy, far enough from the lake to be residential so not a ghost town in the winter and some nice people - Brits and Hungarians living there.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Evie2
Hi everyone,
I`m relatively new to the forum, only posted a couple of times but love`looking in`. So !...where are you all ? I know some are still in UK at the moment
Vonyarc near Dias/ Keszthely when over at the Balaton
Old May 28th 2011, 12:13 am
Just Joined

nokin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Yes, the way the world is going these days I think you will be well off out of any muslim country.
Well said and I admire your courage to speak your mind.
Old May 28th 2011, 8:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi nokin and welcome to the BE forums. You can find lots of useful information as well as being able to to introduce yourself, at the Welcome Inn

I'm the concierge for the Hungarian section so should you need any help or advice, please feel free to contact me here

I'm afraid I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I do not think it takes any courage whatsoever to sit behind a keyboard and type an ill thought out statement. Firstly, the OP's reason for relocating has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity. Secondly, the fact is that not all Muslim countries are unstable so why make sweeping remarks. Reminds me somewhat of Brits here who make sweeping remarks regarding European immigrants in Britain, claiming them as one of the main reasons for moving to Hungary. Makes me wonder whether they have ever considered the fact that they are immigrants in Hungary
Old May 30th 2011, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Where are you all ! ?

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi nokin and welcome to the BE forums. You can find lots of useful information as well as being able to to introduce yourself, at the Welcome Inn

I'm the concierge for the Hungarian section so should you need any help or advice, please feel free to contact me here

I'm afraid I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one. I do not think it takes any courage whatsoever to sit behind a keyboard and type an ill thought out statement. Firstly, the OP's reason for relocating has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity. Secondly, the fact is that not all Muslim countries are unstable so why make sweeping remarks. Reminds me somewhat of Brits here who make sweeping remarks regarding European immigrants in Britain, claiming them as one of the main reasons for moving to Hungary. Makes me wonder whether they have ever considered the fact that they are immigrants in Hungary
If this were Facebook, I would say "Like". As this thread is where are you all, would it be an idea to remove posts that have nothing to do with this subject? Thanks!
Old May 30th 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

Hi, Just to say that I have to agree with O.S.A......about removing posts that have absolutley nothing to do with the original thread. Still love to hear where you are all from though; whether you are actually living in Hungary or planning to do so. I just wish I hadn`t mentioned that I was living in Dalyan, Turkey at the moment ....that is what seemed to create a couple of `off track` responses.
Old May 30th 2011, 6:41 am
Just Joined

lenandcheryl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Evie,
We live in the beautiful, golden south of Hungary! We live in a village 5miles from Kalocsa, which is on the Danube, with river beaches and restaurants.
We bought our house in January 2004 and travelled on holiday for 2 years then had the opportunity to retire early in 2006 which we took and moved here permanently. Its a lovely area with lovely people and we have no regrets

Cheryl
Old May 30th 2011, 7:24 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by OSA
If this were Facebook, I would say "Like". As this thread is where are you all, would it be an idea to remove posts that have nothing to do with this subject? Thanks!
I have asked that the posts be removed and the user is being monitored. Personally I think he is a troll and something to do with user Ettamogah, sad that people have so little else to do with their time

Last edited by Rural Hungary; May 30th 2011 at 8:17 am.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We've lived here for 3 years.
In summer we live in the hills above Eger and in winter we live in Sirok (about 20kms from Eger).
We teach English for various schools, both private and state run.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:12 pm
Banned

balkanman is an unknown quantity at this point

I just love Hungary. It is a wonderful country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.