Weather

Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather

The snow is up to shoulder height on Charlie:

Old Jan 28th 2014, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie looks warm and cozy in his coat and its very brave of him to venture out in the deep snow!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

My mother in law told.my wife it was -17C recently.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I dug out the car yesterday ready to go to town today. I thought he would just keep to the bits that I had cleared but he was wandering around the garden wherever he wanted. I've not been taking him for walks in the snow but I always walk him if he has to stay in the car when I go shopping. I usually stop on a quiet lane, part way to town but it gets tricky to park safely when there's a lot of snow. I found a place to park just on the edge of town and we walked from town to the first village on a cleared pavement. A couple of times I noticed he was holding one leg in the air and I thought he must have hurt it. A minute or 2 later he was walking normally so I guess he was just getting cold feet. Perhaps he suffers from poor circulation like me!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Its nothing to worry about Fidobsa .... Charlie's holding his paw up because its cold. Both my dogs and even the cat, are doing the same when they're outside for more than a few minutes.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

HEVY SNOW OR SHOULD I SAY HO HO IN BUDAPEST ROADS CLEAR SO FAR DIGGER
Old Jan 29th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Its nothing to worry about Fidobsa .... Charlie's holding his paw up because its cold. Both my dogs and even the cat, are doing the same when they're outside for more than a few minutes.
When it snows in the UK our long haired GSD gets small balls of snow stuck between her paws. It causes her quite a bit of discomfort like a stone getting into your shoe. It seems the long fur around and under her paws collects the snow and turns them into small balls. A few times the snow balls were so hard I couldn't break them with my hands so had to bite into them.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I dug out the car yesterday ready to go to town today. I thought he would just keep to the bits that I had cleared but he was wandering around the garden wherever he wanted. I've not been taking him for walks in the snow but I always walk him if he has to stay in the car when I go shopping. I usually stop on a quiet lane, part way to town but it gets tricky to park safely when there's a lot of snow. I found a place to park just on the edge of town and we walked from town to the first village on a cleared pavement. A couple of times I noticed he was holding one leg in the air and I thought he must have hurt it. A minute or 2 later he was walking normally so I guess he was just getting cold feet. Perhaps he suffers from poor circulation like me!
We have a problem with our dog and cleared snow because of the salt put down to keep the paths clear - it caused havoc until we realised what it was. I think it must "burn" the pads. It just made me wonder if that's the reason your dog holds his paws up as that was how we first noticed something was wrong. Hopefully it's not the case but it can be something to look out for.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your quite right Rammy100 salt used on the roads can cause sore pads in dogs. Its advisable after each walk along roads that have been salted to wash the dogs paws in warm soapy water. At present I'm not taking my two out walking but leaving them to play in the garden. Luckily I have a quarter of an acre enclosed area which is enough for them to get plenty of exercise.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Weather

Originally Posted by Sachina
Your quite right Rammy100 salt used on the roads can cause sore pads in dogs. Its advisable after each walk along roads that have been salted to wash the dogs paws in warm soapy water. At present I'm not taking my two out walking but leaving them to play in the garden. Luckily I have a quarter of an acre enclosed area which is enough for them to get plenty of exercise.
I was going to say the same thing. You beat me to it.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:16 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned, earlier in the thread, Plum does it all the time the minute she steps onto the balcony, too cold for her tiny paws
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

My tiny Tibbie Chloe .... WRETCHED DOG .... decided she wanted to go "walkies" all on her own this morning, so what does she do? She digs a hole under the fence leaving her warm coat and very distressed big sister behind! All the houses have very large gardens with fields and woods behind and I'm having a heart attack because I've no idea where she is.

After 20 minutes standing in the middle of the garden calling her,(knowing I might as well save my breath because when she's on one of her jaunts she conveniently becomes deaf) I saw a slight movement in the garden next door. Then as luck would have it one of my neighbours walked past the garden and unable to resist the temptation of greeting him the CREATURE rushed out of the garden and literally straight into his arms .... scare over thank goodness!

She got put in the house and as you can is looking ashamed with herself .... as well she should be!

[IMG]www.BritishExpats.com[/IMG]
Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

This seems to have evolved into a dog thread! I don't normally let Charlie wander around the village on his own, as he has no traffic sense. With the snow there is hardly any traffic and what vehicles there are tend to be creeping along, so I did let him out when I was clearing the pavement. He also got out when I went to the Post Office this afternoon but I knew he would not go far.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today we have had freezing rain all day, so everything is covered in ice. The paths are like skating rinks and my car looks like it's coated in glass!
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

If out again and trying to get around Pull Old Socks over Footwear it works very very well digger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.