Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

We bought another house

We bought another house

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default We bought another house

Finally, after almost 5 months of torture we've managed to buy another house. This time in Bükkszék, only about 8kms from where are now in Sirok and 23 kms from Eger. It's only a small village of around 700 inhabitants but it has a newly renovated spa. The house purchase was relatively straight forward and simple. Getting a mortgage however, was a different kettle of fish

The house is nothing special, a typical Russian era cube with some additions. Lots of outbuildings, summer kitchen, cellar and about 1400sqm of land. Hundreds of strawberry plants, a huge walnut tree, very large apple tree, various smaller trees including plum, apple and peach and numerous red current bushes. The idea is for us to create a large vegetable patch on one side and plant some more palinka trees on the other We managed to get about 1/3 knocked off the asking price and only paid 4.25m huf We've had the electrician round and said that the wiring is in good condition and modern, we just need to increase the amperage. The builder's going round tomorrow and then we just need to get the plumber in as we want to get rid of the gas boiler and move the bathroom. Hopefully we can move in this month and do the rest of the work around us once we're living there

We're trying to sell our Sirok house inorder to repay the mortgage and then buy yet another house. The Sirok house has been a guesthouse for 6 months each year and we'd like to continue with another guest house, hopefully also in Bükkszék. We're selling the house because we're fed up of moving twice a year between our 2 previous houses and also we don't want stairs any more. My wife had a bad fall earlier in the year and we've decided she's safer on the flat

Hopefully this will be our last move and we can look forward to living out our days here.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We bought another house

Sounds great. Congratulations and I hope you are happy in your new home
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Hope it will be your perfect home.

Does this mean you will have to change your forum name though?
Paulinbukkszek let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. :-)
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:52 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, hope it all goes well for you
Old Jun 4th 2013, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the sale
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
Does this mean you will have to change your forum name though?
Paulinbukkszek let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. :-)
Never thought of that

Thank you for the welcome
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

At least it would end the mouse jokes! Good luck with your new place.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fidobsa
At least it would end the mouse jokes! .
What mouse jokes?
I hadn't thought of that either but now I realise what you mean

....and thank you all for your good wishes
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I was thinking of some posts I read in a parallel universe:
"MONSTERGOLD wrote:

I live in Eger.Eger is a small historical town.It's famos for wine and grapes...."

Reply:
"I've always wondered why anyone would call a town "Mouse"."
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the clarification fid,

I didn't know a mouse was an Eger.
That's another word learnt.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strictly speaking it's an "egér"

....and no, I can't fit inside one
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are not a man trapped inside the body of a mouse then?
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Or an 'egg' which is the sign for Eger in Hungarian Sign Language!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck in your new house

Michael/Julie