Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Viewing properties

Viewing properties

Old Sep 20th 2020, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Viewing properties

I forgot to add that I had to get a tax card just so they could send me a bill.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 12:36 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I don't know when it went up but we paid 4 % back in 2015.

And less than 60m2. Our tax demand took 18 months to materialise!
They say they usually are sent out about 6 months after the transaction but we waited over a year and never received it or the ownership papers so we went down and paid the tax so that nothing would happen to the money we were holding and went to the office and got the ownership document.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
They say they usually are sent out about 6 months after the transaction but we waited over a year and never received it or the ownership papers so we went down and paid the tax so that nothing would happen to the money we were holding and went to the office and got the ownership document.
I bought my house in 2007 and paid just under 2 million HUF for it. The tax bill arrived in the post about 18 months later.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

If I have to get a tax card will this mean I need to add the details to the CRS and FATCA form?
Old Sep 29th 2020, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Still have yet to view any houses although we had a bit of a walkabout around the area where one house is. There's some brand new semi-detached houses around there too, which I'm not particularly keen on. Hope this week we will finally get to view something.

We've been driving around different villages to get a feeling for them so if a house came up for sale and we liked the look of it we'd go view it.

Last edited by FenTiger; Sep 29th 2020 at 11:37 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm hopping mad! No matter how many times we have sent the estate agent friend of my sister-in-law he's not arranged any viewings. He's practically decided himself they are not suitable for us. On top looking back he has sent us links to totally unsuitable properties or over our budget! We did view a property only myself viewed back in November and was arranged by sister-in-law. That was so my wife could see it for herself whether it was suitable but since we've decided it may be too small. We don't have any room measurements which is making it difficult to firmly commit to the next stage. So I'm going to suggest whether I could measure the rooms. I just hope the sister-in-law hasn't already told the owner we are not taking it any further. If I had my way I would have dumped the estate agent a month ago!
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'm hopping mad! No matter how many times we have sent the estate agent friend of my sister-in-law he's not arranged any viewings. He's practically decided himself they are not suitable for us. On top looking back he has sent us links to totally unsuitable properties or over our budget! We did view a property only myself viewed back in November and was arranged by sister-in-law. That was so my wife could see it for herself whether it was suitable but since we've decided it may be too small. We don't have any room measurements which is making it difficult to firmly commit to the next stage. So I'm going to suggest whether I could measure the rooms. I just hope the sister-in-law hasn't already told the owner we are not taking it any further. If I had my way I would have dumped the estate agent a month ago!
Estate agents here are less interested in your requirements and more interested in the amount of commission they will make ... you are just the cash cow and are third in line after the estate agent and the seller ! Maybe the sister in law would be better placed to accompany you to any properties that you would like to look at and act as an interpreter only ! Many sellers here cut out an estate agent completely and just hang an Elado sign on the gate ... your sister in law would be ideal for a first time approach to those sellers ...

Last edited by hobgoblins; Oct 2nd 2020 at 6:21 am. Reason: added
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
Estate agents here are less interested in your requirements and more interested in the amount of commission they will make ... you are just the cash cow and are third in line after the estate agent and the seller ! Maybe the sister in law would be better placed to accompany you to any properties that you would like to look at and act as an interpreter only ! Many sellers here cut out an estate agent completely and just hang an Elado sign on the gate ... your sister in law would be ideal for a first time approach to those sellers ...
My wife and her sister have sent the estate agent an email with some comments about the lack of viewings and rebut some of his comments. One comment I was surprised about was that owners would allow us to view their house if we were serious buyers! We are serious buyers but the photos on the property website are just crap and clearly taken by someone who doesn't know how to use a camera or make a particular aspect of their house a great selling point.

There are not many houses around this village with 'Elado' signs hanging over the fence. although we do have two local deaf friends who have been asking on their side of the village if there are any properties for sale. One of the friends is a carpenter by trade but can do almost anything so his opinion has been helpful, i.e. ensure the property ground floor is not level with the ground level outside due to the possible flood risk in this area. Sadly, my sister-in-law has become overwhelmed at work so won't be able to accompany us as much as we'd like. However, if the sellers or other estate agent are nice enough to speak clearly my wife can follow what they are saying and translate. I have bought and sold two properties in UK, had new UPVC windows installed in both, some damp works carried out, etc. so do have some knowledge what to look out for.

One reason I'm a bit reluctant to boot the estate agent all the way to Timbuktu is he has insider knowledge about properties from acquaintances but that is not working to our advantage at all! Most properties I have spotted on Ingatlan or Jofogas before he has sent us an email about them!

Hopefully, I will have some news later this afternoon. I must go walk the dog, a short one, so I can head off to Auchan and pop into Skoda Car Showroom to discuss test driving two or three of their models! On the issue of 2WD or 4WD I don't think I want to go down that avenue because most friends are suggesting I get a 4WD!!!!! I do wonder if it's because they want to have a ride in my car whenever we go somewhere where a 4WD would be handy. No off road plans but possible steep hills on dirt tracks!
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:26 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Your lucky, when we looked at property we could never get any of them to answer questions about properties by email or even raise them on the telephone. Seems to us that Hungarian estate agents here are totally worthless. We bought from an elado sign posted on a property from the owner. How can these estate agents make any money when you cannot get in contact with them. A couple of them advertised they spoke English on their site. Oh well their loss.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Your lucky, when we looked at property we could never get any of them to answer questions about properties by email or even raise them on the telephone. Seems to us that Hungarian estate agents here are totally worthless. We bought from an elado sign posted on a property from the owner. How can these estate agents make any money when you cannot get in contact with them. A couple of them advertised they spoke English on their site. Oh well their loss.
I had a really excellent estate agent who went out of his way to help me in every way possible. He spoke good English and any queries I had were answered promptly by email. I couldn't have wished for a better service.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I had a really excellent estate agent who went out of his way to help me in every way possible. He spoke good English and any queries I had were answered promptly by email. I couldn't have wished for a better service.
Likewise, two excellent agents, with embarrassingly good English, both of whom couldn't do enough and went well beyond the expected. Of course that is in the city.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Likewise, two excellent agents, with embarrassingly good English, both of whom couldn't do enough and went well beyond the expected. Of course that is in the city.
The one I used sells only country properties, nothing in any of the cities
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Apart from my sister-in-law's estate agent friend I've only met one other estate agent. No English spoken so SIL translated to HSL, then wife translated to BSL. I have been trying to contact one other estate to ask to confirm one property I'm interested in has definitely sold. No responses from four attempts to contact them.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Apart from my sister-in-law's estate agent friend I've only met one other estate agent. No English spoken so SIL translated to HSL, then wife translated to BSL. I have been trying to contact one other estate to ask to confirm one property I'm interested in has definitely sold. No responses from four attempts to contact them.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 11:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
The one I used sells only country properties, nothing in any of the cities
I appreciate that, can't actually imagine it's a city / rural issue, as your experience shows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.