Ukele

Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ukele

Thinking ahead of the times when I'm going to get bored of watching Hungarian TV I have bought a ukele! My father bought me an adult sized guitar before my teens and I just found it too big and never tried learning how to play the guitar despite having a BBC guide on playing the guitar. I've been toying with the idea of getting a ukele for a while and took the plunge over the weekend. I have decided not to sing because I will probably sound like 'The Singing Postman'
or even worse!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 5:07 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukele

I used to play the Bass guitar in bands

and was always being told to sing "Solo"....so low we can't hear your a$$. after a few years I came to the conclusion they were right......... my singing is akin to the sound of a dying calf in a hail storm. I finally gave up on being a musician and settled on being a sound guy (audio guy) and mixed bands in night clubs for almost 30 years. I have mixed a number of artist over the years, a few of note I might add.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Jul 13th 2020 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Did the same for 40+ years, very regular work, good pocket money. bass player/singer since 15 years of age, some great times/memories. I suppose the gear is more expensive these days and a lot smaller.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to sound completely non-pc and I hope you take this as it is intended but....

A deaf guy learning to play ukele?
I'm so glad I don't live next door to you 😂
Old Jul 13th 2020, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

I am presuming a ukele is the same as ukulele?
Old Jul 13th 2020, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
A deaf guy learning to play ukulele?
me too
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
me too
Ha ha ha!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:49 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
Did the same for 40+ years, very regular work, good pocket money. bass player/singer since 15 years of age, some great times/memories. I suppose the gear is more expensive these days and a lot smaller.
The advent of the digital mixer and automation did down size my rig significantly, My last desk was a Yamaha LS9-32. Much of the gear cost more but most of it also does a lot more and weighs less than the old monstrous gear from the ancient past. With that Yamaha no need to carry a rack full of processing and effects, it is all inside the unit, plus you can store complete channel set ups in them for recall later if you mix the same band again , saves a lot of time on sound check and causes less aggravation with pub owners who hate sound checks with patrons inside fact of the matter is I was very good at getting bands going with little to no sound check at all if a band arrived late or the Pub/venue wouldn't allow one.. The speakers have vastly improved from when I started back in the 80's they handle more power, are much cleaner sounding and weigh much less because they are much smaller and easier to move around. My bad back and surgery forced me into retirement several years ago. Great memories
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I used to play the Bass guitar in bands

and was always being told to sing "Solo"....so low we can't hear your a$$. after a few years I came to the conclusion they were right......... my singing is akin to the sound of a dying calf in a hail storm. I finally gave up on being a musician and settled on being a sound guy (audio guy) and mixed bands in night clubs for almost 30 years. I have mixed a number of artist over the years, a few of note I might add.
I only just seen this ..... and I see you point $5,000 of equipment in a $500 car to attend a gig paying just $50!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

me too
Eger is not too far from Miskolc ..... so if you hear someone playing a ukele and it's sounding awful .... it'll probably be me!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
Sorry to sound completely non-pc and I hope you take this as it is intended but....

A deaf guy learning to play ukele?
Old Jul 14th 2020, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Eger is not too far from Miskolc ..... so if you hear someone playing a ukele, badly singing "When I'm cleaning windows" and it's sounding awful .... it'll probably be me!

Fortunately, there are the Bükk mountains between us so hopefully I will be blissfully unaware of your racket
Old Jul 18th 2020, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Fortunately, there are the Bükk mountains between us so hopefully I will be blissfully unaware of your racket
Old Jul 18th 2020, 11:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I only just seen this ..... and I see you point $5,000 of equipment in a $500 car to attend a gig paying just $50!

Actually, in my case it was a £1000 van with maybe £7000 worth of kit making £100 plus free beer and a place to sleep over night or a free ride back to the flat at the end of gig if it came to it. In later years usually my Misses handled the driving part since she doesn't drink.