UK in Hungary

Old Apr 7th 2019, 7:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK in Hungary

Recent interview with the Ambassador (Google translates it ok) -

Iain Lindsey

Last edited by scrubbedexpat142; Apr 7th 2019 at 7:50 am.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 7:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Link to the Hungarian Govt. website -

Brexit

Old Apr 8th 2019, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

As an English person living in Hungary, how will Brexit affect my freedom to travel to other neighbouring countries?
For example, in the event of a no deal will it still be as easy just to nip across the border into Slovakia or Romania for a day out?
Old Apr 8th 2019, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
As an English person living in Hungary, how will Brexit affect my freedom to travel to other neighbouring countries?
For example, in the event of a no deal will it still be as easy just to nip across the border into Slovakia or Romania for a day out?
I will find out at the end of May, we are popping over into Poland!

To be honest, I don't know...
Old Apr 8th 2019, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
My information is that if you are resident in Hungary - that is have a residency card you will be able to use that card in conjunction with your UK passport to freely travel within the EU. Without residency you will be limited to 90 days stay within 180 days.

This is my understanding from the British Embassy 'Town Hall' meetings.

This could create a problem if you have a house here but live in the UK because of the 90 day limit that will apply after Brexit however it is my understanding that you can be resident in 2 countries concurrently which would resolve this problem - but this would need confirmation from officialdom.

The big message from the British Embassy 'Town Hall' meetings from both the UK and Hungary was to get your residency sorted or at least the procedure started before Brexit.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 6:48 am
Account Closed

I wonder how many people are still "flying under the radar"...
Old Apr 8th 2019, 7:05 am
Account Closed

My sister is coming to Europe from Australia in May, doing London - Budapest - Prague - back to Australia. She has decided to use her UK passport instead of her Australian one.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I wonder how many people are still "flying under the radar"...
Estimates were about 2000 - but by the nature of these things that is a guesstimate.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
My sister is coming to Europe from Australia in May, doing London - Budapest - Prague - back to Australia. She has decided to use her UK passport instead of her Australian one.
That makes sense, EU citizen and all that. After Brexit with no deal it will make no difference to the EU visits!
Old Apr 8th 2019, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Estimates were about 2000 - but by the nature of these things that is a guesstimate.
Yes, I heard that, hopefully a lot less by now.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

My information is that if you are resident in Hungary - that is have a residency card you will be able to use that card in conjunction with your UK passport to freely travel within the EU. Without residency you will be limited to 90 days stay within 180 days.

This could create a problem if you have a house here but live in the UK because of the 90 day limit that will apply after Brexit however it is my understanding that you can be resident in 2 countries concurrently which would resolve this problem - but this would need confirmation from officialdom.

The big message from the British Embassy 'Town Hall' meetings from both the UK and Hungary was to get your residency sorted or at least the procedure started before Brexit.
That's my understanding also. I'm pretty certain I saw something to that effect put out by the Hungarian Government but for the life of me can't find it!

My Granddaughter and I are off on a coach trip to the Czech Republic at the beginning of May, so if you don't hear from me again it'll be because I'm languishing in a Czech jail for being an illegal immigrant!
Old Apr 8th 2019, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sachina
[b]

That's my understanding also. I'm pretty certain I saw something to that effect put out by the Hungarian Government but for the life of me can't find it!

My Granddaughter and I are off on a coach trip to the Czech Republic at the beginning of May, so if you don't hear from me again it'll be because I'm languishing in a Czech jail for being an illegal immigrant!
My sister might be joining you! And we might be calling you from Poland!
Old Apr 8th 2019, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where you cross (not the motorway ...) there will be no border checks at all between the Schengen countries.
Happened to me between HU and Austria and between Austria and Germany last Sunday.
Whether you're British or Russian or American - once you're in Schengen country you don't have to worry ...
Old Apr 8th 2019, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Useful information posted on the FB British in Hungary website

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...x7Cbu9CJ5N27Bw

Mobile roaming after EU Exit

Old Apr 8th 2019, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I have my permanent residency so should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.