UK in Hungary

Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK in Hungary

Just seen this, apparently there is quite a lot of cross party support.

I have written to "my" (brexiteer) MP to canvass his support.

Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Next meeting is at 17:30 March 7th, at the Marriott, Budapest.
Just a reminder if you wantto go there:
You should register in advance!

https://bbj.hu/whatson/third%20brexi...itizens_161794
Old Feb 21st 2019, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Oops - no below
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Oops - no below
Sorry -. Got carried away with the crop tool (I'll never make a farmer!), herewith -

Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wolfi
Just a reminder if you wantto go there:
You should register in advance!

https://bbj.hu/whatson/third%20brexi...itizens_161794
Should have registered within 90 days of arrival in Hungary (just my little joke!)
Old Feb 21st 2019, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

Positive response tonight from the MP (member of the ERG).
Old Feb 28th 2019, 11:36 am
Account Closed

Meeting scheduled for March 7th postponed, new date TBA.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 4:24 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Positive response tonight from the MP (member of the ERG).

Citizens' rights: Tory MP Alberto Costa seeks meeting with Tusk

MP seeks meeting after his amendment to ringfence EU citizens’ rights won cross-party support
The Conservative backbencher who stunned his own colleagues with a cross-party victory for a no-deal Brexit amendment on EU citizens’ rights is seeking an urgent meeting with Donald Tusk.

He is writing to the president of the European council over a new instruction to Michel Barnier’s team in Brussels to start working on ringfencing the rights of EU citizens in the UK and British nationals in the rest of the EU in the event of no deal.

Alberto Costa, who was forced to resign even though his 11th-hour parliamentary amendment was accepted by the government, said: “Last night was an amazing moment. I’m totally proud that a little lowly backbench MP like me has been able to unite the House of Commons on this contentious Brexit issue over one of the least contentious subjects and bring the government to the dispatch box and vote in favour.”

He added: “I’ll be writing to Donald Tusk seeking a meeting with a cross-party delegation from parliament to ask him to engage in a positive manner with the European council and ask him to give serious consideration to a unanimous mandate for the European commission to carve out part two of the withdrawal agreement on citizens’ rights and have it as a special treaty in international law.”

Campaign groups British in Europe and the3million in the UK who had met Costa just a few weeks ago to press their case said they were delighted with the amendment.

In an extraordinary development on Wednesday Costa was forced to quit his job for speaking out but hours later won cross-party support for the amendment.

Many now believe he should be reinstated as parliamentary private secretary to the Scottish secretary, David Mundell, but Costa says he doesn’t “give a stuff about being a junior aide” and if he had to resign over the rights of 5 million people “so be it”.

Old Feb 28th 2019, 4:28 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

and https://www.theguardian.com/politics...o-costa-sacked
Old Mar 8th 2019, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

We wait with bated breath...............................

I may have missed something but has the Hungarian government said it is most likely that we will just need to transfer our registration cards to a different type? Would we have to go through all our income, property, employment history etc and anon again or is it likely to be a formality? I just ask as I won't be getting paid until well after B Day and the last couple of years was living off savings whilst we built the business up. But I have all the cards except for the ID card. Just wondering whether we might need the Visa route if there is no deal and the UK government start treating Hungarians in the UK badly?
Old Mar 8th 2019, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jetsam1
We wait with bated breath...............................

I may have missed something but has the Hungarian government said it is most likely that we will just need to transfer our registration cards to a different type? Would we have to go through all our income, property, employment history etc and anon again or is it likely to be a formality? I just ask as I won't be getting paid until well after B Day and the last couple of years was living off savings whilst we built the business up. But I have all the cards except for the ID card. Just wondering whether we might need the Visa route if there is no deal and the UK government start treating Hungarians in the UK badly?
Hi Jetsam!

Good to hear from you & will pm.

My understanding is that those already legally / fully registered will just need to swap their registration for a new, non EU version. Those who haven't yet registered will have to go through the full process, as we all did.

I'm sure Peter will be along shortly, he also went to the last meeting.

Minden jot!
Old Mar 8th 2019, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that those already legally / fully registered will just need to swap their registration for a new, non EU version. Those who haven't yet registered will have to go through the full process, as we all did.
My understanding as well.

And the message is get registered asap and before March 29th. If the process has been started then it continues through March 29 to completion.

Jetsam1 If you have all your cards then surely you already have residency - in which case no problems

Old Mar 15th 2019, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

The draft law for UK citizen's rights in Hungary. Unfortunately only in Hungarian at the moment. The English version is expected next week.

(http://www.parlament.hu/irom41/04821/04821.pdf).

Taken from the FB British in Hungary website ................

(Quote)We also expect the Hungarian government to publish, early next week, information in English about this law, and particularly about a preferential scheme to allow you to confirm your status here for the long-term in the case of “no deal”. With more detail to come on this, let me reassure you now: this scheme will be straightforward, only for UK nationals, and open for three years after exit day. You will have plenty of time to confirm your status here. (Quote)
Old Mar 15th 2019, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Thank you for posting this.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
The draft law for UK citizen's rights in Hungary. Unfortunately only in Hungarian at the moment. The English version is expected next week.

(http://www.parlament.hu/irom41/04821/04821.pdf).

Taken from the FB British in Hungary website ................

(Quote)We also expect the Hungarian government to publish, early next week, information in English about this law, and particularly about a preferential scheme to allow you to confirm your status here for the long-term in the case of “no deal”. With more detail to come on this, let me reassure you now: this scheme will be straightforward, only for UK nationals, and open for three years after exit day. You will have plenty of time to confirm your status here. (Quote)
Looks good. WIll be interesting to check out the English version. My wife gave it a quick read through and says it should be easy enough to transfer to permanent residence and that it could well be simply a rubber stamp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.