UK in Hungary

Old Dec 14th 2018, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK in Hungary

Yeah Farage made sure his kids don`t lose out. As have several others like Lawson who I believe has a nice little pile somewhere in France.......
Old Dec 14th 2018, 9:46 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
As we have seen repeatedly, even on this (expatriate) forum, the Brits in the UK don't give a stuff about British rights in the EU. Their world starts & stops at Dover.

ETA: Meanwhile the number of non EU migrants to the UK will continue to climb (43% rise to 248,000 in the year ended June 2018) but that's obviously OK.
It's mainly immediate family members of non-European UK residents - includes spouses, parents, sundry rellies??? - plus skilled workers from similar non-Euro countries, I've no particular problem with skilled entry based on points/ skills but 'Family' seems hopelessly out of control.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 8:52 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella View Post
It's mainly immediate family members of non-European UK residents - includes spouses, parents, sundry rellies??? - plus skilled workers from similar non-Euro countries, I've no particular problem with skilled entry based on points/ skills but 'Family' seems hopelessly out of control.
Precisely!
Old Dec 15th 2018, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to all

Is this for real?
EU confirmed last night that Brits will be charged €7 to buy three-year travel passes to holiday in the EU. Everyone’s going to hate that aren’t they?
#ETIAS will apply to the #UK as 3rd country post-Brexit - 7 euros for a 3 year pre-travel authorisation. Simple form, like #ESTA to the US, but way cheaper.
I'mwondering whether the UK will retaliate - had beenthinking of visiting my sister ...
Old Dec 15th 2018, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

enter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
Is this for real?

I'mwondering whether the UK will retaliate - had beenthinking of visiting my sister ...
Peanuts, so be it, happy days
Old Dec 15th 2018, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins is an unknown quantity at this point

Will be interesting to see, if that's the case, wether it will apply to just holidaymakers or will it also apply to UK residents here as well !!
Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:01 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see the Daily Fail headlines -

"Furious tourists condemn EUSSR bully boys"

Distraught Mother, Tracey, 42, said ”thats 28 quid for my family, out of my hard earned benefits - I could have got my Charmaine another tattoo for that, bloody robbery it is, that's why I voted for brexit"

Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Can't wait to see the Daily Fail headlines -

"Furious tourists condemn EUSSR bully boys"

Distraught Mother, Tracey, 42, said ”thats 28 quid for my family, out of my hard earned benefits - I could have got my Charmaine another tattoo for that, bloody robbery it is, that's why I voted for brexit"

It might actually encourage us to get Hungarian passports for the 3 kids. Currently we haven't bothered, given the cost & duplication - plus I assume it's similar to UK system ie you don't get a 10 year passport until you're 18. Could be wrong there.

But an EU passport will be a good *plus* once they're job-hunting.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 9:31 pm
Dedicated European

It might actually encourage us to get Hungarian passports for the 3 kids. Currently we haven't bothered, given the cost & duplication - plus I assume it's similar to UK system ie you don't get a 10 year passport until you're 18. Could be wrong there.

Exactly, go for it!
Old Dec 16th 2018, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to allwolfi is a name known to all

As I've said before dual passports were the first my sister's family did!

PS:
Even long ago she would always carry both passports when traveling internationally and since her husband had to change workplaces every three years (so he would not get involved with the locals as an accountant) that was often - depending on the country she would show one or the other ...
Old Dec 16th 2018, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Passports are not needed in Europe. ID cards are enough and Hungarian ID cards are free. I just had mine renewed and it took 20mins in the office and go back a week later to collect it - another 10 mins.
Of course I don't know if the UK will insist on passports after Brexit, but at the moment ID cards are enough.
Old Dec 16th 2018, 10:40 am
Banned

Yes, reported here that UK will require passports for EU citizens' entry (into UK) if no deal is arranged.

More worries:
- no deal means UK will join the Etias visa-waiver system - EUR7, valid for 3 years (not a biggie) - from about 2020
- no deal means max 90 days presence in Hungary in any 180 days (a biggie!) - I'm getting my wife to research online as to how easy it is to get me some kind of spouse residence visa...anybody know? we own property and she seems to think that helps a lot
Old Dec 16th 2018, 11:18 am
Dedicated European

Yes, reported here that UK will require passports for EU citizens' entry (into UK) if no deal is arranged.

More worries:
- no deal means UK will join the Etias visa-waiver system - EUR7, valid for 3 years (not a biggie) - from about 2020
- no deal means max 90 days presence in Hungary in any 180 days (a biggie!) - I'm getting my wife to research online as to how easy it is to get me some kind of spouse residence visa...anybody know? we own property and she seems to think that helps a lot
When are you due to retire?
Old Dec 16th 2018, 11:24 am
Banned

Depends what you mean by retire

I'm 55. Could draw my company pension if I wanted but deferring it. I guess real retirement will be marked by me moving to Hungary and that's pencilled in for 2023. Ie I'll be over 60, I think that means I won't have a language requirement on any eventual citizenship application? 3 years permanent residence then a fairly simple process with a Hungarian wife? (I'm hoping!)
Old Dec 16th 2018, 11:46 am
Dedicated European

Depends what you mean by retire

I'm 55. Could draw my company pension if I wanted but deferring it. I guess real retirement will be marked by me moving to Hungary and that's pencilled in for 2023. Ie I'll be over 60, I think that means I won't have a language requirement on any eventual citizenship application? 3 years permanent residence then a fairly simple process with a Hungarian wife? (I'm hoping!)
Yes, sorry, badly worded question! I was wondering about your intended move to Hungary. Not sure about the language question, I'll try & find out, surely there must be a spouse visa facility?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.