Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Apr 16th 2021, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Bank statement?
Why do they need that?
Source of Livelihood.
Bank statement was for me easiest, as it shows all pension payments in one place instead of scanning individual payments from different companies.
They are just checking you are not going to be a drain on the Hungarian system I suppose.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Just to add our experience of the process.

We completed our online forms on Enter Hungary, which without the Embassy Guide, would have been near impossible. So I would definitely recommend having that by your side as you complete the forms. Note after you have completed the forms you need to download them, sign and attached a photo, and then upload the scans.

We then went to another website to register and book an appointment.

We visited our local immigration office today and, although we had a set appointment, we still had to wait over an hour to be seen.

Although we had added WA as suggested on our CV form, we still had to write a little bit about ourselves.

We were asked about means of income (but didn't have to prove anything), whether we had a TAJ card or not, and if not if we have private healthcare.

After a lot of paperwork shuffling and frowns as the computer system clearly isn't up to the task, we had our fingerprints and photos taken.

I got the feeling they wanted to 'process' us as soon as possible.

Apparently, we will get a letter when the card is ready (next 6 weeks or so) and then have to go back in and give them our old card in exchange. Note, you still have to keep your address card.

I have to admit, I didn't find the process painless and am thankful this part is over, hopefully!

I will let you know when we receive the cards.

Old Apr 16th 2021, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

After much time scanning etc, uploaded (Enter Hungary) the required documents. Got a list of additional info required one or which was a detailed CV?? which in our case was not required and spent about 2 hours re-loading what was required and at last the screen showed no further items including the CV ?request, I think that relates to (memory) appendix 'C" where you just put "WA", phew. My eyes are stinging from concentration and knackered, I used to work with computers but as you get older it takes its toll, cannot do it now, no way. After the w/end I will await any more messages but have booked an appointment anyway next week.Here is hoping..
Old Apr 16th 2021, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by enter
After much time scanning etc, uploaded (Enter Hungary) the required documents. Got a list of additional info required one or which was a detailed CV?? which in our case was not required and spent about 2 hours re-loading what was required and at last the screen showed no further items including the CV ?request, I think that relates to (memory) appendix 'C" where you just put "WA", phew. My eyes are stinging from concentration and knackered, I used to work with computers but as you get older it takes its toll, cannot do it now, no way. After the w/end I will await any more messages but have booked an appointment anyway next week.Here is hoping..
Yes, we were told to just enter WA but once we were at the appointment we were asked to write a few lines. We had issues uploading all the documentation too - but the key is to take it all with you to the in-person meeting.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

The upload documents must be in a PDF format to be simply and easily accepted by the system.
This is simple to achieve for Windows 10 users, sorry that's what I have so others will have to search on line for the solution.
Scan the document.
Click 'Print'
Click on the menu box which shows the name of your printer, and change it to 'Print to PDF'
You can select where to send the image, by default it will go to 'Downloads'
In the Enter Hungary site select 'Storage' and you can download your PDF documents which you then Upload under the correct tabs for each document.

It does take time and a good deal of patience so choose a relaxed time of day, make a cup of tea, and work your way slowly through it all. It doesn't all have to be done in one sitting.
I would suggest doing all the scanning to PDF, then next session put all the scans into the Enter Hungary Storage, then take a break, check you are happy with ever thing and upload them.

For the Appendix C I followed the advice of someone earlier in this thread and just wrote that I had already bought a property here and had committed to Hungary as my retirement location. I was not asked to add anything else.
Of course we are all using different offices with different staff and attitudes so will have varying views of the process. As I said for me personally it was an easy and painless procedure.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by duztee

It does take time and a good deal of patience so choose a relaxed time of day, make a cup of tea, and work your way slowly through it all. It doesn't all have to be done in one sitting.
I would suggest doing all the scanning to PDF, then next session put all the scans into the Enter Hungary Storage, then take a break, check you are happy with ever thing and upload them.
Good advice. A large cup of tea and take your time.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Yes, we were told to just enter WA but once we were at the appointment we were asked to write a few lines. We had issues uploading all the documentation too - but the key is to take it all with you to the in-person meeting.
Yes, we are going to take forms/reg cards/address cards/passports anyway.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if to apply now or after we have moved house which should be next two months.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'm not sure if to apply now or after we have moved house which should be next two months.
I would prefer to apply for the residency with an updated address card.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I would prefer to apply for the residency with an updated address card.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find out where I can get a passport type photo taken to take with me before I apply. I have a friend who's going to come with me to translate but i'll get him to phone first to ask if making an appointment is necessary. and whether we can just take all the filled out papers with us.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sachina
I'm trying to find out where I can get a passport type photo taken to take with me before I apply. I have a friend who's going to come with me to translate but i'll get him to phone first to ask if making an appointment is necessary. and whether we can just take all the filled out papers with us.
I just took one with phone, uploaded to computer, resized with Windows Paint and printed onto photo paper.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
I just took one with phone, uploaded to computer, resized with Windows Paint and printed onto photo paper.
Whilst I'm going to all the trouble of having to drive into the city to buy photo paper and then spend time fiddling around with my mobile (who doesn't like downloading photos) it'll be much simpler and probably cheaper to have a passport photo taken. I've found the shop which is in the city centre. I'll take the dogs with me and arrange to meet their trainer. Does them good to be walked in a busy environment where they have to be on their best behaviour

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Went to our appointment today at Kaposvar after going through the form procedures (Enter hungary). Met by young happy girl who said I was not on the list even though I contacted the office this week and they confirmed the appointment?.The girl was looking at my Username on my printed confirmation of the meeting and not my real name! first hurdle. Then they told me that central Budapest someone had pressed the wrong button and we were due to be interviewed there?, she said don't worry as we should be at Kaposvar, she said we will contact them now to unlock your cases. After about 20 mins all was good and the process from there was quite rapid. Very good service, all done and cards should be received 2/3 weeks time, relief.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by enter
Went to our appointment today at Kaposvar after going through the form procedures (Enter hungary). Met by young happy girl who said I was not on the list even though I contacted the office this week and they confirmed the appointment?.The girl was looking at my Username on my printed confirmation of the meeting and not my real name! first hurdle. Then they told me that central Budapest someone had pressed the wrong button and we were due to be interviewed there?, she said don't worry as we should be at Kaposvar, she said we will contact them now to unlock your cases. After about 20 mins all was good and the process from there was quite rapid. Very good service, all done and cards should be received 2/3 weeks time, relief.
Happy for you Enter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.