Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

My national residence permit arrived today.

I made an online appointment with the local "government window" at https://idopontfoglalo.kh.gov.hu/bejelentkezes to have my ID card done.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

That is good, I got mine today too. So it is time to arrange an appointment to get the ID card.
Still over all it is a fairly straight forward process.
I looked at some of the chat on the Spain forum and thought how fortunate we are here in Hungary. But I guess it is only hundreds here and not the thousands in Spain.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

2017sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi did you do your application online via enter hungary ? If so after they accepted all your forms and didn't ask for any think else what then happened ? How long did it take for them to reply afterwards? Did they say to book an appointment ? Regards Trevor
Old Feb 20th 2021, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi, Once you sign and download, they do not actually reply if it is all good, so it sounds like you are ready to make an appointment.
The steps were;
Fill in the online application and submit.
They will review it and request any additional items.
They will send you back (via EnterHungary) the application to sign and add a photo.
They also send you a letter at the same time explaining the download process, and that once downloaded, you can make an appointment.
After signing etc; scan and download, following the instructions (this is a menu item, actions required/To do list, if I remember correctly)
Once you have cleared all the actions on the To Do list i.e. downloaded your signed scanned doc, you can go to the OIF website and make an appointment.
You take the original signed doc and photo with you to the appointment.

Old Feb 20th 2021, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
That is good, I got mine today too. So it is time to arrange an appointment to get the ID card.
Still over all it is a fairly straight forward process.
I looked at some of the chat on the Spain forum and thought how fortunate we are here in Hungary. But I guess it is only hundreds here and not the thousands in Spain.
IMO it is more to do with the determination of the Hungarian government to make things easy rather than the number of Brits in each country. After all whilst there are more Brits in Spain they have a bigger population and so presumably a bigger state bureaucracy to cope with the numbers. It's all about making it easy, a declared aim of the Hungarian government.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply yes I seem to be at make the appointment stage ! Is it for the bio scan option ? Regards Trevor
Old Feb 20th 2021, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I used the bio scan option. Cheers B.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Great , Thank you for all your 👍Help
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

I had look at the appointments section online. We live in Somogy area and there are 3 addresses shown on the appointments section (7400 Kaposvár, Baross Gábor utca 2. 7400 Kaposvár, Kossuth tér 1. and 7400 Kaposvar Nagy Imre Ter 1 ) Not included on the online list is the address 7400 Kaposvar Szecheny ter 3 as 2017subshine stated and that is the address we attended to get our residency cards years ago, so confusion reigns.
Firstly I would be grateful if someone could confirm (on the online appointments section) which address it actually is. I would hate to turn up at the wrong office.

Secondly when you pick an address it forwards you to a large list of application topics which are in Hungarian which is not my strong point. Could someone tell me which one it is (reference number).
Thank you.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi enter there are two immigration web sites ( enter hungary ) the online application and ( bmbah.hu ) which is the one you have to use to book an appointment. Both require you to sign up to Separately, on the bmbah.hu site and the enter hungary site there is the option of English just click on the Union Jack flag scroll down to wards the bottom of the page and there is a new page to the left British withdrawal gives you all the information on how to fill out the forms I did mine on line via the enter hungary site the forms can be down loaded there if you want to hand them in personally or you can do it on line all the questions you have to fill out are marked with an asterisk you just click on new case look for ( permanent residence permit) then you want the bottom of the next two options and away you go !! appendix a children under 14 /B -spouse. C- you just put W/A D-family members photo copy's of your passport and reg/add cards once you have emailed the forms of you get an email confirmation back 5-10 mins you then have to check your enter hu account as they will send you back what is missing ( The next day ) and what information they require in my case passport pictures and print off and sign the forms and that was it and then I went on to the Bmbah.hu site book an appointment ( bio data ) I did drop a clanger as here in zala county My two local offices are only open one day a week and are fully booked up for the three weeks and if you do the bio data it has to be done within 15 days so I've had to go to Gyor still a day out and in both electronic /and personal application you have to bring all the forms pics passports add/res cards with you hope all this helps if you need any think else please don't ask 😂😂😂no just joking ask away regards Trevor
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Trevor, I will clear my head and review tomorrow.I am logged in to "Enter Hungary" and can access the forms, I will register with bmbah then.

Last edited by enter; Feb 22nd 2021 at 4:07 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

RHitch is an unknown quantity at this point

My residency card came through today but it expires in 2026. Is that right, I thought it was permanent residency for those who were resident before Brexit?
Old Mar 10th 2021, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Japes99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RHitch
My residency card came through today but it expires in 2026. Is that right, I thought it was permanent residency for those who were resident before Brexit?
I believe you have to renew every 5 years to update your photograph
Old Mar 10th 2021, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

RHitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Japes99
I believe you have to renew every 5 years to update your photograph
Ah, yes, that makes sense ... cue feeling of dread as I realise I have to do this all again in 5 years time.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RHitch
Ah, yes, that makes sense ... cue feeling of dread as I realise I have to do this all again in 5 years time.
Renewing a document is always much easier than getting same for the first time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.