British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Transition period ends, some clarification documents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/transition-period-ends-some-clarification-documents-936340/)

2017sunshine Feb 20th 2021 12:04 pm

Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Thank you for your reply yes I seem to be at make the appointment stage ! Is it for the bio scan option ? Regards Trevor

ecurb Feb 20th 2021 5:05 pm

Yes, I used the bio scan option. Cheers B.

2017sunshine Feb 20th 2021 5:59 pm

Great , Thank you for all your 👍Help

enter Feb 22nd 2021 2:34 pm

I had look at the appointments section online. We live in Somogy area and there are 3 addresses shown on the appointments section (7400 Kaposvár, Baross Gábor utca 2. 7400 Kaposvár, Kossuth tér 1. and 7400 Kaposvar Nagy Imre Ter 1 ) Not included on the online list is the address 7400 Kaposvar Szecheny ter 3 as 2017subshine stated and that is the address we attended to get our residency cards years ago, so confusion reigns.
Firstly I would be grateful if someone could confirm (on the online appointments section) which address it actually is. I would hate to turn up at the wrong office.

Secondly when you pick an address it forwards you to a large list of application topics which are in Hungarian which is not my strong point. Could someone tell me which one it is (reference number).
Thank you.

2017sunshine Feb 22nd 2021 3:27 pm

Hi enter there are two immigration web sites ( enter hungary ) the online application and ( bmbah.hu ) which is the one you have to use to book an appointment. Both require you to sign up to Separately, on the bmbah.hu site and the enter hungary site there is the option of English just click on the Union Jack flag scroll down to wards the bottom of the page and there is a new page to the left British withdrawal gives you all the information on how to fill out the forms I did mine on line via the enter hungary site the forms can be down loaded there if you want to hand them in personally or you can do it on line all the questions you have to fill out are marked with an asterisk you just click on new case look for ( permanent residence permit) then you want the bottom of the next two options and away you go !! appendix a children under 14 /B -spouse. C- you just put W/A D-family members photo copy's of your passport and reg/add cards once you have emailed the forms of you get an email confirmation back 5-10 mins you then have to check your enter hu account as they will send you back what is missing ( The next day ) and what information they require in my case passport pictures and print off and sign the forms and that was it and then I went on to the Bmbah.hu site book an appointment ( bio data ) I did drop a clanger as here in zala county My two local offices are only open one day a week and are fully booked up for the three weeks and if you do the bio data it has to be done within 15 days so I've had to go to Gyor still a day out and in both electronic /and personal application you have to bring all the forms pics passports add/res cards with you hope all this helps if you need any think else please don't ask 😂😂😂no just joking ask away regards Trevor

enter Feb 22nd 2021 3:33 pm

Thanks Trevor, I will clear my head and review tomorrow.I am logged in to "Enter Hungary" and can access the forms, I will register with bmbah then.

RHitch Mar 10th 2021 2:02 pm

My residency card came through today but it expires in 2026. Is that right, I thought it was permanent residency for those who were resident before Brexit?

Japes99 Mar 10th 2021 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by RHitch (Post 12982119)
My residency card came through today but it expires in 2026. Is that right, I thought it was permanent residency for those who were resident before Brexit?

I believe you have to renew every 5 years to update your photograph

RHitch Mar 10th 2021 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Japes99 (Post 12982155)
I believe you have to renew every 5 years to update your photograph

Ah, yes, that makes sense ... cue feeling of dread as I realise I have to do this all again in 5 years time.

Peter_in_Hungary Mar 10th 2021 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by RHitch (Post 12982212)
Ah, yes, that makes sense ... cue feeling of dread as I realise I have to do this all again in 5 years time.

Renewing a document is always much easier than getting same for the first time.

Japes99 Mar 13th 2021 7:18 am

We are still waiting for our new cards. We had our confirmation letters about 3 weeks ago! It is now 2.5 months since we went to the immigration office. Is this normal?

FenTiger Mar 14th 2021 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary (Post 12952490)
Now the transition period has ended uk.gov has issued a load of documents that may be of interest or clarify future procedures
If you subscribe to the uk.gov Brexit emails you will probably have read these in detail already (and got totally bored) - but seriously some of it may be important so it might be worth skimming the headings.
Living in Hungary - GOV.UK
Healthcare for UK nationals living in Hungary - GOV.UK
Living in Europe - GOV.UK

The healthcare is really muddled up! There's nothing to state I can get the relevant documents, etc. except via my wife as she is an EU citizen via Hungary.
We received a letter from HMRC to fill in a form CA8454 but this is for those from UK who are employed in Hungary and not retired in my case.
We did fill in the S1 form but we were told this was the wrong one so filled in another one which seems to be for those who are employed in Hungary!
As a last resort I might have to get Helpers.HU to sort things out.
I'm going to call HMRC tomorrow via an online sigh language interpreting agency.

Living in Hungary - I'm a bit spooked by the demand to carry so many documents for the car wherever we go. My car insurance guy said we just need our car registration document. If only we had more space to do our paperwork we would be better organised.

Peter_in_Hungary Mar 14th 2021 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by FenTiger (Post 12983454)
Living in Hungary - I'm a bit spooked by the demand to carry so many documents for the car wherever we go. My car insurance guy said we just need our car registration document. If only we had more space to do our paperwork we would be better organised.

What I have to carry when out and about is my ID and address card. In addition when driving the car I have to have the log book paper and the certificate of insurance which live in the car permanently and my driving licence.
I think your car insurance guy may be wrong. I have always been told the insurance certificate and licence is also needed.
Yes it is more than in the UK - where you don't need to carry anything but you may have to produce it with some days at a police station, or they can detain you if they are suspicious until your identification is confirmed.

duztee Mar 28th 2021 9:20 am

Now the weather is improving and I am out of hibernation I am going to start my application.
Only question so far, well it is only line one on the application! Ecurb said he paid the fee and then had to reclaim it, anyone know the exemptions?

ecurb Mar 28th 2021 7:03 pm

Hi, yes, if you are claiming the national permanent resident permit as a UK citizen who was in Hungary before the end of the brexit transition, 31 Dec 2020, it is exempt from the fee. Just do the application and do not pay anything. Once is it approved online you make an appointment to finish the process in person.

duztee Mar 28th 2021 9:14 pm

Cheers, thanks for clarifying.

enter Mar 31st 2021 3:36 pm

For those with the old permanent residency card that have successfully applied for the new permanent permit. I looked at the "Enter Hungary" application guide which looks very good. If you have a wife/ partner who also held the old permanent card I see there is no section to including them as a joint application? so I assume that they will have to do a separate claim, if so when you book an appointment for interview you can select "2 people" is that correct or not. Thank you.

ecurb Apr 8th 2021 1:12 pm

I had an interesting experience at the kormanyablak today.
About 4 weeks ago I revieved a letter telling me, now I have a national permenant residence permit, I have to return my EU residence card by mail to the OIF and obtain a non citizens ID card from the local kormanyablak. So I booked this back then and today I had the appointment.
I turned up and the first check the office official did showed my status was still as an EU residence card holder (even though I had the National permanent residence permit card). They called and spoke with someone in Budapest. Then they told me that person was going to update my status immediately and will call back, and then they can then issue the ID card. So I went to the waiting area. After about 40 mins they told me it had been done and then went through the process of requesting the ID card. No further problems.
They said that in the past, they could do the change in status but now it has to be done centrally and they are behind, hence the need to request the immediate change. Thankfully the person new this.
Also, out of interest, they reissued my address card, I think because they said it was linked to my EU residency status so a new one was required for the National permanent residence status.
So now I have to wait for about a week and the ID card should arrive in the post.
Maybe this is not a common issue but I thought I would share it in case it helps someone else.

FenTiger Apr 8th 2021 3:06 pm

Looks like everything is being centralised. Obviously this will have an impact on local jobs.

duztee Apr 9th 2021 11:22 am

Just an update: I have just completed my Bio metric scans and paperwork at the Alien Police Office in Budapest, the one in Budafoki ut.
Very simple to do. All the staff spoke English, Reception confirmed I had an appointment and took my temperature, I was 15 mins early but still went straight to an interview desk. I only had to confirm I had competed all the paperwork on-line, and then sit patiently and wait while the young lady not satisfied with the mountain of paper I had given her added another 10+ pieces to the file, none of which I had to read or sign so I guess they are all internal documents. Then off to a booth in the corner of the room for photo and finger print scan, Left and right index only, my left index finger didn't want to work, old and cold equals too wrinkled! A lot of huffing and rubbing finally got a result.
And that was it. For anyone else using the same office there is Parking at the rear or Bus 133E stops right outside. Coffee and snack machines in reception, McDonalds and Burger King opposite if that is your want.
So thank-you to the Hungarian Government for making the process easy and painless, (unlike the experience of some other countries apparently). Even if as always we had to massacre a few more trees to accomplish it!

PaulinEger Apr 15th 2021 8:58 am

I had my appointment this morning to renew my residence permit. I didn't complete any forms online, I thought I'd get it all done in person. Well, it didn't happen. I showed the guy my current permit and he proceeded to print out a mountain of forms, not only for me but details about my children, parents and brother. He told me to fill them in at home and return them at a later date and the process would then take about 21 days. This all seemed a lot more complicated than other peoples' experiences. This was in Eger.

duztee Apr 15th 2021 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by PaulinEger (Post 12995553)
I had my appointment this morning to renew my residence permit. I didn't complete any forms online, I thought I'd get it all done in person. Well, it didn't happen. I showed the guy my current permit and he proceeded to print out a mountain of forms, not only for me but details about my children, parents and brother. He told me to fill them in at home and return them at a later date and the process would then take about 21 days. This all seemed a lot more complicated than other peoples' experiences. This was in Eger.

Ignore all this and goto 'Enter Hungary' website, the form is much simpler and in English, as long as (unlike me) you remember to click the language flag in the top right corner!

scrubbedexpat142 Apr 15th 2021 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by PaulinEger (Post 12995553)

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 12995708)
Ignore all this and goto 'Enter Hungary' website, the form is much simpler and in English, as long as (unlike me) you remember to click the language flag in the top right corner!

The Hungarian friend who was helping us was (nearly) led into the same trap!

duztee Apr 16th 2021 5:02 am

This is one of the rare occasions when you are better not using native Hungarian assistance.
When you go to the 'Enter Hungary' site be sure to first download the Usage Manual It is well written and very clear, also gives clear guidance for all the documents and sections that you can miss out without compromising the application. This was the most useful information, because although at first glance they seemed to require a lot of documents, I only needed to supply 5scans. Passport, Residence/Address card, bank statement, Health card and house ownership.

This really was the most hassle free experience I have had dealing with Hungarian bureaucracy.

PaulinEger Apr 16th 2021 6:36 am

Bank statement?
Why do they need that?

duztee Apr 16th 2021 6:59 am

Originally Posted by PaulinEger (Post 12995963)
Bank statement?
Why do they need that?

Source of Livelihood.
Bank statement was for me easiest, as it shows all pension payments in one place instead of scanning individual payments from different companies.
They are just checking you are not going to be a drain on the Hungarian system I suppose.

Pollypaprika Apr 16th 2021 1:29 pm

Just to add our experience of the process.

We completed our online forms on Enter Hungary, which without the Embassy Guide, would have been near impossible. So I would definitely recommend having that by your side as you complete the forms. Note after you have completed the forms you need to download them, sign and attached a photo, and then upload the scans.

We then went to another website to register and book an appointment.

We visited our local immigration office today and, although we had a set appointment, we still had to wait over an hour to be seen.

Although we had added WA as suggested on our CV form, we still had to write a little bit about ourselves.

We were asked about means of income (but didn't have to prove anything), whether we had a TAJ card or not, and if not if we have private healthcare.

After a lot of paperwork shuffling and frowns as the computer system clearly isn't up to the task, we had our fingerprints and photos taken.

I got the feeling they wanted to 'process' us as soon as possible.

Apparently, we will get a letter when the card is ready (next 6 weeks or so) and then have to go back in and give them our old card in exchange. Note, you still have to keep your address card.

I have to admit, I didn't find the process painless and am thankful this part is over, hopefully!

I will let you know when we receive the cards.

enter Apr 16th 2021 5:39 pm

After much time scanning etc, uploaded (Enter Hungary) the required documents. Got a list of additional info required one or which was a detailed CV?? which in our case was not required and spent about 2 hours re-loading what was required and at last the screen showed no further items including the CV ?request, I think that relates to (memory) appendix 'C" where you just put "WA", phew. My eyes are stinging from concentration and knackered, I used to work with computers but as you get older it takes its toll, cannot do it now, no way. After the w/end I will await any more messages but have booked an appointment anyway next week.Here is hoping.:).

Pollypaprika Apr 16th 2021 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12996123)
After much time scanning etc, uploaded (Enter Hungary) the required documents. Got a list of additional info required one or which was a detailed CV?? which in our case was not required and spent about 2 hours re-loading what was required and at last the screen showed no further items including the CV ?request, I think that relates to (memory) appendix 'C" where you just put "WA", phew. My eyes are stinging from concentration and knackered, I used to work with computers but as you get older it takes its toll, cannot do it now, no way. After the w/end I will await any more messages but have booked an appointment anyway next week.Here is hoping.:).

Yes, we were told to just enter WA but once we were at the appointment we were asked to write a few lines. We had issues uploading all the documentation too - but the key is to take it all with you to the in-person meeting.

duztee Apr 16th 2021 9:01 pm

The upload documents must be in a PDF format to be simply and easily accepted by the system.
This is simple to achieve for Windows 10 users, sorry that's what I have so others will have to search on line for the solution.
Scan the document.
Click 'Print'
Click on the menu box which shows the name of your printer, and change it to 'Print to PDF'
You can select where to send the image, by default it will go to 'Downloads'
In the Enter Hungary site select 'Storage' and you can download your PDF documents which you then Upload under the correct tabs for each document.

It does take time and a good deal of patience so choose a relaxed time of day, make a cup of tea, and work your way slowly through it all. It doesn't all have to be done in one sitting.
I would suggest doing all the scanning to PDF, then next session put all the scans into the Enter Hungary Storage, then take a break, check you are happy with ever thing and upload them.

For the Appendix C I followed the advice of someone earlier in this thread and just wrote that I had already bought a property here and had committed to Hungary as my retirement location. I was not asked to add anything else.
Of course we are all using different offices with different staff and attitudes so will have varying views of the process. As I said for me personally it was an easy and painless procedure.

Pollypaprika Apr 18th 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 12996198)

It does take time and a good deal of patience so choose a relaxed time of day, make a cup of tea, and work your way slowly through it all. It doesn't all have to be done in one sitting.
I would suggest doing all the scanning to PDF, then next session put all the scans into the Enter Hungary Storage, then take a break, check you are happy with ever thing and upload them.

Good advice. A large cup of tea and take your time.

enter Apr 18th 2021 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika (Post 12996138)
Yes, we were told to just enter WA but once we were at the appointment we were asked to write a few lines. We had issues uploading all the documentation too - but the key is to take it all with you to the in-person meeting.

Yes, we are going to take forms/reg cards/address cards/passports anyway.

FenTiger Apr 22nd 2021 8:55 am

I'm not sure if to apply now or after we have moved house which should be next two months.

scrubbedexpat142 Apr 22nd 2021 9:03 am

Originally Posted by FenTiger (Post 12997983)
I'm not sure if to apply now or after we have moved house which should be next two months.

I would prefer to apply for the residency with an updated address card.

FenTiger Apr 22nd 2021 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12997985)
I would prefer to apply for the residency with an updated address card.

:goodpost:

Sachina Apr 22nd 2021 1:03 pm

I'm trying to find out where I can get a passport type photo taken to take with me before I apply. I have a friend who's going to come with me to translate but i'll get him to phone first to ask if making an appointment is necessary. and whether we can just take all the filled out papers with us.

duztee Apr 22nd 2021 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sachina (Post 12998084)
I'm trying to find out where I can get a passport type photo taken to take with me before I apply. I have a friend who's going to come with me to translate but i'll get him to phone first to ask if making an appointment is necessary. and whether we can just take all the filled out papers with us.

I just took one with phone, uploaded to computer, resized with Windows Paint and printed onto photo paper.

Sachina Apr 23rd 2021 5:33 am

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 12998269)
I just took one with phone, uploaded to computer, resized with Windows Paint and printed onto photo paper.

Whilst I'm going to all the trouble of having to drive into the city to buy photo paper and then spend time fiddling around with my mobile (who doesn't like downloading photos) it'll be much simpler and probably cheaper to have a passport photo taken. I've found the shop which is in the city centre. I'll take the dogs with me and arrange to meet their trainer. Does them good to be walked in a busy environment where they have to be on their best behaviour:eek:

enter Apr 23rd 2021 4:28 pm

Went to our appointment today at Kaposvar after going through the form procedures (Enter hungary). Met by young happy girl who said I was not on the list even though I contacted the office this week and they confirmed the appointment?.The girl was looking at my Username on my printed confirmation of the meeting and not my real name! first hurdle. Then they told me that central Budapest someone had pressed the wrong button and we were due to be interviewed there?, she said don't worry as we should be at Kaposvar, she said we will contact them now to unlock your cases. After about 20 mins all was good and the process from there was quite rapid. Very good service, all done and cards should be received 2/3 weeks time, relief.

duztee Apr 24th 2021 7:16 am

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12998550)
Went to our appointment today at Kaposvar after going through the form procedures (Enter hungary). Met by young happy girl who said I was not on the list even though I contacted the office this week and they confirmed the appointment?.The girl was looking at my Username on my printed confirmation of the meeting and not my real name! first hurdle. Then they told me that central Budapest someone had pressed the wrong button and we were due to be interviewed there?, she said don't worry as we should be at Kaposvar, she said we will contact them now to unlock your cases. After about 20 mins all was good and the process from there was quite rapid. Very good service, all done and cards should be received 2/3 weeks time, relief.

:thumbsup: Happy for you Enter!