British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Transition period ends, some clarification documents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/transition-period-ends-some-clarification-documents-936340/)

RHitch Jan 23rd 2021 1:58 pm

Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

I think it might be the Gyor office.Name:

REGIONAL DIRECTORATE OF WESTERN TRANSDANUBIA (GYŐR)

Area of jurisdiction:

Győr-Moson-Sopron county, Vas county, Zala county

Profile:

Aliens policing, Asylum, Admission

Function:

Client service

Directorate:

Regional Directorate of Western Transdanubia

Address:

9026 Győr, Szövetség u. 15-17.

Further info:

Processes:
  • Residency permits;
  • Invitation letters;
  • Permanent residency cases;
  • Report of accommodation;
  • National residency permits.

ecurb Jan 23rd 2021 5:58 pm

That is the Kormanyablak (government window) I had to go to Zalaegerszeg for the OIF (alien policing) for the residency permit.

enter Jan 24th 2021 11:31 am

Had another look at Enter hungary site,Iam quite intelligent? but still a little confused. We have the obsolete permanent residency card (me and my partner) for some years with no expiry date. Reference to CV? we are retired no work or income from work. Can I include my partner in the same application (I think you can) so we should get an interview together?.We live in Somogy so I assume we will have to go to Zalaegerseg for the interview?. Is a current passport type photo acceptable.Thank you.

RHitch Jan 24th 2021 1:14 pm

You can get an interview together. Part of the booking process is to say for how many people. I think on the application form you can add others but didn't look too hard at that since my wife became Irish to avoid all this hassle.

RHitch Jan 25th 2021 8:54 am

Two words everybody! Two words!

BLUE INK!

You have to sign your document in BLUE INK or you will be told to re-sign them and re-upload them. Grrrrr!

ecurb Jan 26th 2021 7:40 am

A passport type photo is fine, they take their own photo while you are there, so it is probably a bit redundant now but the form still requires one.
You could possibly try Szekesfehervar if that is easier.

Japes99 Jan 26th 2021 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12952960)
We updated to unlimited permanent residency cards last month.

We have just started the process for doing this. How long did your new card take to arrive?

RHitch Jan 26th 2021 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Japes99 (Post 12964490)
We have just started the process for doing this. How long did your new card take to arrive?

I'm not sure any of us have got that far yet. I have my appointment tomorrow, they may tell me then.

Japes99 Jan 26th 2021 10:29 am

They told us 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed cards should be here by mid Feb

RHitch Jan 26th 2021 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Japes99 (Post 12964498)
They told us 2 - 3 weeks. Fingers crossed cards should be here by mid Feb

When you went to your interview was it as straight forward as the official text suggests i.e. that the new card is issued on the strength that you had already previously qualified to receive the card? I have my appointment tomorrow and really don't want to be sent home to scramble around for additional documentation.

Japes99 Jan 26th 2021 11:22 am

We both had to complete a form (National Permanent Residence Permit - sorry a newbie and not yet allowed to post a link!), which we downloaded and filled in at home, and then took with us. Also needed our passports, residence, and address cards, which they photocopied.

Apart from that it was pretty simple, no other paperwork required. They did our biometrics while we were there (phot and fingerprints), and there was no charge, which was a bonus :)

OOOPS! forgot about the photo. You need a passport type photo which you affix to your completed form (there's a box for it on page 1). Also a brief bio for Appendix C - nothing too detailed. We also each completed appendix B (as there are 2 of us!).

There goes another rainforest :)

RHitch Jan 26th 2021 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Japes99 (Post 12964513)
We both had to complete a form (National Permanent Residence Permit - sorry a newbie and not yet allowed to post a link!), which we downloaded and filled in at home, and then took with us. Also needed our passports, residence, and address cards, which they photocopied.

Apart from that it was pretty simple, no other paperwork required. They did our biometrics while we were there (phot and fingerprints), and there was no charge, which was a bonus :)

OOOPS! forgot about the photo. You need a passport type photo which you affix to your completed form (there's a box for it on page 1). Also a brief bio for Appendix C - nothing too detailed. We also each completed appendix B (as there are 2 of us!).

There goes another rainforest :)

That's great thanks, very reassuring. I have the forms all uploaded and the photo attached. I have been collecting together all the cards and also any other forms I think they might (but shouldn't) ask for. I will keep them in my back pocket just in case. Can't wait for this all to be over.

Japes99 Jan 26th 2021 4:32 pm

Us too. Will be a big relief.

expatwise Jan 26th 2021 5:45 pm

Hello There, I moved in middle of december 2020. Stayed with friend. Now I will rent an apartment on my own.

Can I still apply for Naional Permanent Resident (for Brexit UK National)? The problem is I dont have proof of residence, address card or residence document.

Will they accept tenancy agreement dated in January 2021 as the cut off date of transition period ended 31/12/2020.

Peter_in_Hungary Jan 26th 2021 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by expatwise (Post 12964678)
Hello There, I moved in middle of december 2020. Stayed with friend. Now I will rent an apartment on my own.

Can I still apply for Naional Permanent Resident (for Brexit UK National)? The problem is I dont have proof of residence, address card or residence document.

Will they accept tenancy agreement dated in January 2021 as the cut off date of transition period ended 31/12/2020.

I have a 'orrible feeling that you have missed the boat. As far as I remember the advice last year was to start the residence procedure as soon as possible and in any case before the 31st Dec. 2020. Once started it does not matter how long it takes. Unfortunately as you don't have any residency status to convert I think you will have to apply as a 3rd country national i.e. a non EU citizen, so you might be treated the same as someone from America or Africa.
All you can do is ask at the relevant office and hope.

enter Jan 26th 2021 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary (Post 12964688)
I have a 'orrible feeling that you have missed the boat. As far as I remember the advice last year was to start the residence procedure as soon as possible and in any case before the 31st Dec. 2020. Once started it does not matter how long it takes. Unfortunately as you don't have any residency status to convert I think you will have to apply as a 3rd country national i.e. a non EU citizen, so you might be treated the same as someone from America or Africa.
All you can do is ask at the relevant office and hope.

Hello Peter
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form I should use at the start, in your opinion. Thanks

ecurb Jan 26th 2021 8:34 pm

There is hope if you did not get a residence card before the 31st Dec 2020.

This is from www.bmbah.hu
****A UK national who can credibly substantiate to have habitually resided in the territory of Hungary before 1 January 2021 and holds a valid travel document, but cannot prove his/her Hungarian residence with a valid registration certificate is entitled to national permanent residence permit according to the abovementioned. In this case habitual Hungarian residence may, in particular, be verified by:

a) a contract of employment;

b) a document to verify student status;

c) an apartment lease agreement;

d) in case of a long-lasting medical care, a certificate of the institution providing medical treatment;

e) a certificate evidencing regular income based on activities carried out in Hungary

Documents credibly substantiating habitual Hungarian residence are required to be enclosed with the application.

But as your tenancy agreement is from Jan 2021 you should talk to someone at the OIF (alien policing) and see if the friend you were staying with can verify that you were living there in December 2020. If you have flight tickets/boarding pass and quarantine documents, that may help too.

Peter_in_Hungary Jan 26th 2021 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12964690)
Hello Peter
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form I should use at the start, in your opinion. Thanks

ecurb is probably the one to answer this as they have just done the procedure.

enter Jan 27th 2021 4:50 pm

Ecurb
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form called that I should use at the start. Thanks

RHitch Jan 27th 2021 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12965023)
Ecurb
As I have stated before me and the missus have held a permanent resident card each for years and need the new version. On "enter hungary" to register for the new permanent card I thought I would have to apply as a "3rd country national" because of brexit?, if not, what is the form called that I should use at the start. Thanks

permanent residence permit (settlement) is the form I completed. I didn't provide much of information they asked for because their Brexit page says my application is on the strength of already having a card. Read the user guide as it tells you there that you can continue to submit the form even though it throws up warnings that different documents are missing.

Someone in the office will then review your form and send back requests for anything else you will need. After my experience at the OIF office today it seems that once the form is accepted via the online process it will go smoothly.

enter Jan 27th 2021 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by RHitch (Post 12965024)

permanent residence permit (settlement) is the form I completed. I didn't provide much of information they asked for because their Brexit page says my application is on the strength of already having a card. Read the user guide as it tells you there that you can continue to submit the form even though it throws up warnings that different documents are missing.

Someone in the office will then review your form and send back requests for anything else you will need. After my experience at the OIF office today it seems that once the form is accepted via the online process it will go smoothly.

Thanks Rhitch helpful thanks

ecurb Jan 27th 2021 6:02 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5a19dd87fd.png
This is the one I used, you get the list when you open a new case.

enter Jan 28th 2021 8:11 am

Thanks Ecurb

jetsam1 Jan 28th 2021 3:04 pm

Good Work! I will start looking into this after the Weekend.

Japes99 Jan 29th 2021 10:02 am

Originally Posted by ecurb (Post 12965052)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5a19dd87fd.png
This is the one I used, you get the list when you open a new case.

Wow! that's changed a bit, much better than when I saw it last. Our immigration officer said they were still "improving" it and it looks like he was right.

duztee Feb 1st 2021 11:55 am

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12965044)
Thanks Rhitch helpful thanks

I'm going wrong before I even start! I only get the user guide in Hungarian and a completely different home page.

enter Feb 1st 2021 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by duztee (Post 12966764)
I'm going wrong before I even start! I only get the user guide in Hungarian and a completely different home page.

https://enterhungary.gov.hu/eh/ then top right choose English.

duztee Feb 1st 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12966802)
https://enterhungary.gov.hu/eh/ then top right choose English.

Ooopsie!
My PC's Bad. it is set to auto translate, so I opened the home page which auto translated so I never thought to click the English tag, I'm claiming old age as my defence.

2017sunshine Feb 9th 2021 3:59 pm

Re: Permanent Residency new rules

Originally Posted by enter (Post 12955922)
Me and my partner (retired) have held a permanent residency card, registration card/health card with no end date for over 7 years. I have dabbled again on the site and I think I have found the section applicable ? it asks amongst other things like address, previous address in UK, residency card number etc. I believe "at this stage" this maybe the correct application as they have simplified the process ??? We are bog standard applicants i.e previous comments so I hope in the near future I will have definitive information to apply.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...c738b98b53.png
Your immigration office is in kopsvar
hope this is helpful

enter Feb 9th 2021 4:20 pm

Thanks 2017sunshine...thats the place we originally got our TAJ cards me thinks.

2017sunshine Feb 9th 2021 4:52 pm

its the place where you got your address card and resident cards from ? Not sure about your taj card ,as here in zala county there in different offices still hope it all helps you 👍

enter Feb 9th 2021 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by 2017sunshine (Post 12969887)
its the place where you got your address card and resident cards from ? Not sure about your taj card ,as here in zala county there in different offices still hope it all helps you 👍

Yes, that is the smaller office on a corner and the TAJ office nearby, when you go in is larger and the interview booths are in a semi circle, its all coming back (I think)

2017sunshine Feb 9th 2021 5:30 pm

:drinkingwine: I just blame the lack of memory on the palinka opps forgot don't really drink 🍹 😂😂😂😂

ecurb Feb 15th 2021 10:51 am

After just under 5 weeks from the interview, I have just received a letter from the OIF confirming I have the National Permanent Residence Permit.

almafak Feb 15th 2021 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ecurb (Post 12973609)
After just under 5 weeks from the interview, I have just received a letter from the OIF confirming I have the National Permanent Residence Permit.

I received a similar letter this morning. I need to return the original registration document to OIF once my residence permit arrives by post.

almafak Feb 18th 2021 10:23 am

My national residence permit arrived today.

I made an online appointment with the local "government window" at https://idopontfoglalo.kh.gov.hu/bejelentkezes to have my ID card done.

ecurb Feb 19th 2021 10:36 am

That is good, I got mine today too. So it is time to arrange an appointment to get the ID card.
Still over all it is a fairly straight forward process.
I looked at some of the chat on the Spain forum and thought how fortunate we are here in Hungary. But I guess it is only hundreds here and not the thousands in Spain.

2017sunshine Feb 19th 2021 7:31 pm

Hi did you do your application online via enter hungary ? If so after they accepted all your forms and didn't ask for any think else what then happened ? How long did it take for them to reply afterwards? Did they say to book an appointment ? Regards Trevor

ecurb Feb 20th 2021 8:30 am

Hi, Once you sign and download, they do not actually reply if it is all good, so it sounds like you are ready to make an appointment.
The steps were;
Fill in the online application and submit.
They will review it and request any additional items.
They will send you back (via EnterHungary) the application to sign and add a photo.
They also send you a letter at the same time explaining the download process, and that once downloaded, you can make an appointment.
After signing etc; scan and download, following the instructions (this is a menu item, actions required/To do list, if I remember correctly)
Once you have cleared all the actions on the To Do list i.e. downloaded your signed scanned doc, you can go to the OIF website and make an appointment.
You take the original signed doc and photo with you to the appointment.

Peter_in_Hungary Feb 20th 2021 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ecurb (Post 12975188)
That is good, I got mine today too. So it is time to arrange an appointment to get the ID card.
Still over all it is a fairly straight forward process.
I looked at some of the chat on the Spain forum and thought how fortunate we are here in Hungary. But I guess it is only hundreds here and not the thousands in Spain.

IMO it is more to do with the determination of the Hungarian government to make things easy rather than the number of Brits in each country. After all whilst there are more Brits in Spain they have a bigger population and so presumably a bigger state bureaucracy to cope with the numbers. It's all about making it easy, a declared aim of the Hungarian government.