Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Apr 24th 2021, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

I recieved my Hungarian ID card (non citizen) a few days ago so I now have a wallet full of cards!
Old May 6th 2021, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

ForwardedFrom: Budapest Consular Enquiries <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 at 15:37
Subject: In the attention of British Nationals living in HU: Application for the new National Permanent Residence Permit in Hungary by the end of 2021
To: Budapest Consular Enquiries <[email protected]>

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please share the message below with those you think this would be relevant to. Thank you.

We are pleased to let you know that the Hungarian immigration authority has now launched the new, simplified route for UK nationals to apply for residency under the UK/EU Withdrawal Agreement. If you are a UK national who was living in Hungary before 1 January 2021 and you wish to stay in Hungary after 2021, you need to apply for a new National Permanent Residence Permit before 31 December 2021 to keep your rights and access to services. All UK nationals and their family members must apply, even if you already have an existing residency document. You can find further information on the scheme at the website of the Hungarian immigration authority: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?option...d=1853&lang=en.

Online applications should still be submitted via the Enter Hungary portal (http://ow.ly/OlmJ50EGcye), but a new, simplified option is now available called “Preferential application procedure for the citizens of the United Kingdom and their family members”. Please note that you first need to set up an account on Enter Hungary to be able to access the simplified application form.

We have put together a step-by-step guide to help you through the registration process. This includes important information on the scheme and an explainer on how you need to complete the application form. Please read the guide and take action now: http://ow.ly/NbC250EGcyf

You can also submit your application in person at the relevant regional immigration office, using a paper form. Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic some restrictions have been introduced in in-person appointments at government offices. This means that you need to book an appointment if you would like to apply in person. You can do this at the website of the immigration authority:

http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?option...ooking&lang=en.

Please note that personal appearance is required for the collection of biometric data within 15 days of the submission of the application, even if it was submitted electronically. The Enter Hungary platform will send a notification about the need of your attendance.

In case you have any enquiries about the process, please contact the Hungarian immigration authority here: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?option...id=678&lang=en

Please note that if you wanted to reach us, you can send your enquiry here https://www.contact-embassy.service.gov.uk/?country=Hungary&post=British%20Embassy%20Budapest %20 and our consular experts will reply to you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Consular Section

British Embassy Budapest

Follow us online: www.gov.uk/fcdo
Old May 7th 2021, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

We will get cracking on this as soon as we move to new house. Hopefully that will be in a month's time.
Old May 8th 2021, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

As I want to submit my application in person rather than online, I've printed it off and once I've filled it in and have scanned all the relevant documents will take it in. I don't supposed there are too many Brits in Miskolc applying for the permit and as I'm fairly certain no one will speak English, I've asked my dogs trainer who speaks excellent English to go with me. I'll also ask about the plastic Vaccination card whilst I'm there.
Old May 8th 2021, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I'll also ask about the plastic Vaccination card whilst I'm there.
AFAIK the vaccination card comes automatically after you have had the jab. At least ours did.
Old May 8th 2021, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Applied for the residency card 2 weeks ago successfully. Interestingly the Police came today and very short interview based on our residency here etc, they went to neighbours, I suppose to ask if we were goodies, then they left. Expect our cards soon, we must be special )
Old May 9th 2021, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
AFAIK the vaccination card comes automatically after you have had the jab. At least ours did.
I can't find the link, but not every non Hungarian has received the plastic card. I stand to be corrected but as far as I understand it the card has to be linked to either an ID or a passport number, which is fine for Hungarian citizens but not for the majority on non Hungarians. Anyone who hasn't yet received their plastic card has been asked to go into their local Kormanyablak to give them their passport details. Once the number is entered then one should receive the card.
Old May 9th 2021, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I can't find the link, but not every non Hungarian has received the plastic card. I stand to be corrected but as far as I understand it the card has to be linked to either an ID or a passport number, which is fine for Hungarian citizens but not for the majority on non Hungarians. Anyone who hasn't yet received their plastic card has been asked to go into their local Kormanyablak to give them their passport details. Once the number is entered then one should receive the card.
That's very useful information, thank you. I was wondering because our teacher got hers a couple of weeks ago but had her jabs a few weeks after me. This might explain why!
Old May 9th 2021, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expatrick
That's very useful information, thank you. I was wondering because our teacher got hers a couple of weeks ago but had her jabs a few weeks after me. This might explain why!
This is the link.

https://www.kormanyhivatal.hu/hu/hir...manyablakokban

Matters related to the security card can be handled in the government windows without an appointment

Old May 12th 2021, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

How long does it take for Residency Card to arrive?
I completed my interview etc a month ago.
Old May 12th 2021, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

If you are waiting for something to happen just post a question here.
Like waiting ages for a bus, light a cigarette and one will appear instantly!
I posted the above question at 7 a.m. this morning, just 3 hours later the postie rolled up with a letter to say my application was accepted and my Permit would be sent by post!

I guess this is just the Hungarian love of paperwork that they send a letter to tell you a letter is coming. from the wording I am assuming the following letter is just a permit, not the actual card. It would appear that I must take the permit with my present address card back to the office to exchange it for the real deal, am I correct?
Old May 12th 2021, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
I posted the above question at 7 a.m. this morning, just 3 hours later the postie rolled up with a letter to say my application was accepted and my Permit would be sent by post!

I guess this is just the Hungarian love of paperwork that they send a letter to tell you a letter is coming. from the wording I am assuming the following letter is just a permit, not the actual card. It would appear that I must take the permit with my present address card back to the office to exchange it for the real deal, am I correct?
I think that the actual card will be what arrives in the post.
Old May 12th 2021, 12:48 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

It will be the real Residency Card delivered to your house by Magyar Posta and you will be required to sign for it.
Old May 12th 2021, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee

We ticked to have the permit by post. Kaposvar office told us when there, when our cards arrive to send the old ones back to Pecs.
Old May 19th 2021, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Just to add our experience of the process.

We completed our online forms on Enter Hungary, which without the Embassy Guide, would have been near impossible. So I would definitely recommend having that by your side as you complete the forms. Note after you have completed the forms you need to download them, sign and attached a photo, and then upload the scans.

We then went to another website to register and book an appointment.

We visited our local immigration office today and, although we had a set appointment, we still had to wait over an hour to be seen.

Although we had added WA as suggested on our CV form, we still had to write a little bit about ourselves.

We were asked about means of income (but didn't have to prove anything), whether we had a TAJ card or not, and if not if we have private healthcare.

After a lot of paperwork shuffling and frowns as the computer system clearly isn't up to the task, we had our fingerprints and photos taken.

I got the feeling they wanted to 'process' us as soon as possible.

Apparently, we will get a letter when the card is ready (next 6 weeks or so) and then have to go back in and give them our old card in exchange. Note, you still have to keep your address card.

I have to admit, I didn't find the process painless and am thankful this part is over, hopefully!

I will let you know when we receive the cards.
So, just a quick update to let you know we received our cards today - so all in all it took about a month. I might add that I also had to go back as they didn't get my photo/prints right the first time around.

Now to apply for the ID card - does anyone know the process for this?

TIA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.