Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Old Mar 13th 2021, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Japes99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

We are still waiting for our new cards. We had our confirmation letters about 3 weeks ago! It is now 2.5 months since we went to the immigration office. Is this normal?
Old Mar 14th 2021, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transition period ends, some clarification documents

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Now the transition period has ended uk.gov has issued a load of documents that may be of interest or clarify future procedures
If you subscribe to the uk.gov Brexit emails you will probably have read these in detail already (and got totally bored) - but seriously some of it may be important so it might be worth skimming the headings.
Living in Hungary - GOV.UK
Healthcare for UK nationals living in Hungary - GOV.UK
Living in Europe - GOV.UK
The healthcare is really muddled up! There's nothing to state I can get the relevant documents, etc. except via my wife as she is an EU citizen via Hungary.
We received a letter from HMRC to fill in a form CA8454 but this is for those from UK who are employed in Hungary and not retired in my case.
We did fill in the S1 form but we were told this was the wrong one so filled in another one which seems to be for those who are employed in Hungary!
As a last resort I might have to get Helpers.HU to sort things out.
I'm going to call HMRC tomorrow via an online sigh language interpreting agency.

Living in Hungary - I'm a bit spooked by the demand to carry so many documents for the car wherever we go. My car insurance guy said we just need our car registration document. If only we had more space to do our paperwork we would be better organised.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Living in Hungary - I'm a bit spooked by the demand to carry so many documents for the car wherever we go. My car insurance guy said we just need our car registration document. If only we had more space to do our paperwork we would be better organised.
What I have to carry when out and about is my ID and address card. In addition when driving the car I have to have the log book paper and the certificate of insurance which live in the car permanently and my driving licence.
I think your car insurance guy may be wrong. I have always been told the insurance certificate and licence is also needed.
Yes it is more than in the UK - where you don't need to carry anything but you may have to produce it with some days at a police station, or they can detain you if they are suspicious until your identification is confirmed.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Now the weather is improving and I am out of hibernation I am going to start my application.
Only question so far, well it is only line one on the application! Ecurb said he paid the fee and then had to reclaim it, anyone know the exemptions?
Old Mar 28th 2021, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes, if you are claiming the national permanent resident permit as a UK citizen who was in Hungary before the end of the brexit transition, 31 Dec 2020, it is exempt from the fee. Just do the application and do not pay anything. Once is it approved online you make an appointment to finish the process in person.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, thanks for clarifying.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

For those with the old permanent residency card that have successfully applied for the new permanent permit. I looked at the "Enter Hungary" application guide which looks very good. If you have a wife/ partner who also held the old permanent card I see there is no section to including them as a joint application? so I assume that they will have to do a separate claim, if so when you book an appointment for interview you can select "2 people" is that correct or not. Thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an interesting experience at the kormanyablak today.
About 4 weeks ago I revieved a letter telling me, now I have a national permenant residence permit, I have to return my EU residence card by mail to the OIF and obtain a non citizens ID card from the local kormanyablak. So I booked this back then and today I had the appointment.
I turned up and the first check the office official did showed my status was still as an EU residence card holder (even though I had the National permanent residence permit card). They called and spoke with someone in Budapest. Then they told me that person was going to update my status immediately and will call back, and then they can then issue the ID card. So I went to the waiting area. After about 40 mins they told me it had been done and then went through the process of requesting the ID card. No further problems.
They said that in the past, they could do the change in status but now it has to be done centrally and they are behind, hence the need to request the immediate change. Thankfully the person new this.
Also, out of interest, they reissued my address card, I think because they said it was linked to my EU residency status so a new one was required for the National permanent residence status.
So now I have to wait for about a week and the ID card should arrive in the post.
Maybe this is not a common issue but I thought I would share it in case it helps someone else.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like everything is being centralised. Obviously this will have an impact on local jobs.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Just an update: I have just completed my Bio metric scans and paperwork at the Alien Police Office in Budapest, the one in Budafoki ut.
Very simple to do. All the staff spoke English, Reception confirmed I had an appointment and took my temperature, I was 15 mins early but still went straight to an interview desk. I only had to confirm I had competed all the paperwork on-line, and then sit patiently and wait while the young lady not satisfied with the mountain of paper I had given her added another 10+ pieces to the file, none of which I had to read or sign so I guess they are all internal documents. Then off to a booth in the corner of the room for photo and finger print scan, Left and right index only, my left index finger didn't want to work, old and cold equals too wrinkled! A lot of huffing and rubbing finally got a result.
And that was it. For anyone else using the same office there is Parking at the rear or Bus 133E stops right outside. Coffee and snack machines in reception, McDonalds and Burger King opposite if that is your want.
So thank-you to the Hungarian Government for making the process easy and painless, (unlike the experience of some other countries apparently). Even if as always we had to massacre a few more trees to accomplish it!
Old Apr 15th 2021, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I had my appointment this morning to renew my residence permit. I didn't complete any forms online, I thought I'd get it all done in person. Well, it didn't happen. I showed the guy my current permit and he proceeded to print out a mountain of forms, not only for me but details about my children, parents and brother. He told me to fill them in at home and return them at a later date and the process would then take about 21 days. This all seemed a lot more complicated than other peoples' experiences. This was in Eger.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
I had my appointment this morning to renew my residence permit. I didn't complete any forms online, I thought I'd get it all done in person. Well, it didn't happen. I showed the guy my current permit and he proceeded to print out a mountain of forms, not only for me but details about my children, parents and brother. He told me to fill them in at home and return them at a later date and the process would then take about 21 days. This all seemed a lot more complicated than other peoples' experiences. This was in Eger.
Ignore all this and goto 'Enter Hungary' website, the form is much simpler and in English, as long as (unlike me) you remember to click the language flag in the top right corner!
Old Apr 15th 2021, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Originally Posted by duztee
Ignore all this and goto 'Enter Hungary' website, the form is much simpler and in English, as long as (unlike me) you remember to click the language flag in the top right corner!
The Hungarian friend who was helping us was (nearly) led into the same trap!
Old Apr 16th 2021, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

This is one of the rare occasions when you are better not using native Hungarian assistance.
When you go to the 'Enter Hungary' site be sure to first download the Usage Manual It is well written and very clear, also gives clear guidance for all the documents and sections that you can miss out without compromising the application. This was the most useful information, because although at first glance they seemed to require a lot of documents, I only needed to supply 5scans. Passport, Residence/Address card, bank statement, Health card and house ownership.

This really was the most hassle free experience I have had dealing with Hungarian bureaucracy.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Bank statement?
Why do they need that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.