Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Tipping it down in the Pilis Hills

Tipping it down in the Pilis Hills

Old Aug 24th 2018, 6:49 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Absolutely tipping it down right now & been raining for 2 hrs. I do like Hungarian rain in the summer - it's just a complete flood for a few hrs then goes away. Sure beats drizzle. Great for the garden.

I can see we will have at least 5cm rain this evening. I have a very technical way of measuring it - I leave a couple of buckets on the lawn.

Otherwise I use Idokep.
You see the Danube Bend? Where the Danube does a right angle vs Slovakia border and heads down to Budapest. The Pilis is inside that right angle, I guess as the crow flies we're under 50kms from Budapest city centre.

Well it ended up something under 2cm of rain where we live, so not exactly 5cm - better than nothing, though.

Shame - rainfall is of course localized and I went thru some torrential downpours last night on the way to the airport, must just have missed us by a km or so.

Anyway, I'll take it!

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 25th 2018 at 6:43 am. Reason: Merge.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 10:58 am
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tipping it down in the Pilis Hills

7cm of rain last night as well! It's all good.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tipping it down in the Pilis Hills

I was in Hungary two days ago with beautiful weather. Yesterday I was driving through Austria where it rained all through the day, and when I got to Germany it was still raining. Now I am almost in Belgium and the weather is beautiful.