Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

TAJ card refused !

TAJ card refused !

Old Oct 13th 2019, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TAJ card refused !

Originally Posted by rickster000
Thanks so much for posting this link. I've pinned it to my favourite bookmarks. Obviously with Brexit there's going to be some changes.
Old Oct 13th 2019, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

jameswm is an unknown quantity at this point

My accountant advised this link and process to get my TAJ sorted. May or may not help?

https://egbiztpenzbeli.tcs.allamkinc...at_vgleges.pdf
Old Oct 16th 2019, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a reply from the Embassy:

"We have received the following response and attachment from the Hungarian State Insurance Provider (NEAK).

Please fill out the attached E104 application form and submit it to the local Hungarian insurance provider’s office either in person, via an authorized person (with a valid authorization form), or via postal mail, fax, Online Customer Gate, or the e-Papir app.

Attached I am also enclosing a list of Hungarian translators in case assistance is needed with filling out the application form.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,"
Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fidobsa

"We have received the following response and attachment from the Hungarian State Insurance Provider (NEAK).

Please fill out the attached E104 application form and submit it to the local Hungarian insurance provider’s office either in person, via an authorized person (with a valid authorization form), or via postal mail, fax, Online Customer Gate, or the e-Papir app.

Attached I am also enclosing a list of Hungarian translators in case assistance is needed with filling out the application form.

Best regards,"
Very frustrating to think you had to go round in so many circles just to get to this.

Glad to hear something is happening with it at last.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Best regards,"
Would you be so kind to post the final outcome?

Good to hear that there are still some British embassues who take an interest in the citizens problems. The Brit. Embassies we had to deal with would not have assisted.

Last edited by Thairetired2016; Oct 17th 2019 at 9:17 am.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

With some email help from a Hungarian friend I managed to fill in the E104 form and posted it, together with 10 pages of supporting documents (house sale contract, Croatian driving licence, letter from Hungary confirming my car has been exported to Croatia etc etc) to the TAJ office in Zalaegerszeg. It took a while but I did receive the official E104 back from them and I have submitted it to the Croatian health insurance office. It cost me a lot of money as they demanded I pay the fees backdated to the time I stopped paying into the Hungarian system but I am now registered with the Croatian system. I still don't know how much it will cost me each month but this one off payment was equivalent to £543.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

It took a while but I did receive the official E104 back from them and I have submitted it to the Croatian health insurance office. It cost me a lot of money as they demanded I pay the fees backdated to the time I stopped paying into the Hungarian system but I am now registered with the Croatian system. I still don't know how much it will cost me each month but this one off payment was equivalent to £543.
A bit of a cheek if you haven't been covered by the Croatian health service from the time you stopped paying into the Hungarian system (and worth an appeal ??) but reasonable if you have been covered or used the facilities.
Would it be reasonable to divide the £543 by the number of months and then presume this will be the monthly amount?
Old Nov 16th 2019, 10:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

With some email help from a Hungarian friend I managed to fill in the E104 form and posted it, together with 10 pages of supporting documents (house sale contract, Croatian driving licence, letter from Hungary confirming my car has been exported to Croatia etc etc) to the TAJ office in Zalaegerszeg. It took a while but I did receive the official E104 back from them and I have submitted it to the Croatian health insurance office. It cost me a lot of money as they demanded I pay the fees backdated to the time I stopped paying into the Hungarian system but I am now registered with the Croatian system. I still don't know how much it will cost me each month but this one off payment was equivalent to £543.
As mentioned in this thread About to be ripped off! it appears that back paying one year is a legal requirement, so I think it was less a demand and more a case of just doing their job corrrectly.

Old Nov 16th 2019, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
A bit of a cheek if you haven't been covered by the Croatian health service from the time you stopped paying into the Hungarian system (and worth an appeal ??) but reasonable if you have been covered or used the facilities.
Would it be reasonable to divide the £543 by the number of months and then presume this will be the monthly amount?
I avoided going to any doctors or dentists in Croatia for as long as I could but about 4 weeks ago I made the stupid mistake of lighting the solid fuel boiler for the first time after summer without first checking the flue, which turned out to be blocked. It did not fill the house with smoke but I did get carbon monoxide poisoning. I was not getting better as it had weakened my immune system and I got pneumonia. Again I put off going to the doctor in the hope that this E104 would get sorted and I could go as a legitimate patient. Eventually I did contact my next door neighbour to ask about a local doctor. She very kindly made enquiries for me and took me to a doctor in a nearby village, where she acted as interpreter. I think I would be dead by now if this had not happened. I am now on my second course of high dose antibiotics and am on the mend. Now I have a health insurance number I have passed this on to the doctor, so hopefully I won't get a big bill for the initial and follow up examinations.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I avoided going to any doctors or dentists in Croatia for as long as I could but about 4 weeks ago I made the stupid mistake of lighting the solid fuel boiler for the first time after summer without first checking the flue, which turned out to be blocked. It did not fill the house with smoke but I did get carbon monoxide poisoning. I was not getting better as it had weakened my immune system and I got pneumonia. Again I put off going to the doctor in the hope that this E104 would get sorted and I could go as a legitimate patient. Eventually I did contact my next door neighbour to ask about a local doctor. She very kindly made enquiries for me and took me to a doctor in a nearby village, where she acted as interpreter. I think I would be dead by now if this had not happened. I am now on my second course of high dose antibiotics and am on the mend. Now I have a health insurance number I have passed this on to the doctor, so hopefully I won't get a big bill for the initial and follow up examinations.
Bureaucracy putting people's health at risk. It's a disgrace.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickster000
Bureaucracy putting people's health at risk. It's a disgrace.
Inefficient state bureaucracy is lamentable but in this case I don't think the bureaucratic failure can be blamed for avoiding a visit to the doctor when it was clearly indicated.

BTW I hope the doctor 'adjusts' the paperwork to avoid any bills