British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Susu the Dragon - looking for a doll/toy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/susu-dragon-looking-doll-toy-745304/)

pfg1954 Jan 17th 2012 3:30 am

Susu the Dragon - looking for a doll/toy

Süsü, a sárkány kalandjai

My Hungarian girlfriend talks affectionately of Susu the dragon, from her childhood. Does anyone know how I can get hold of a Susu Dragon doll or toy to give her?

It would make her year, and therefore quite possibly mine as well!:fingerscrossed: So no expense spared!!:D

Unfortunately I cannot read Hungarian, so tracking something down on the internet in Hungary is almost impossible.

Grateful for any leads I can follow.

pfg

Rural Hungary Jan 17th 2012 6:05 am

Re: Susu the Dragon - looking for a doll/toy

Hi pfg and welcome to the forum. Had a quick look about and can only find some VHS videos at the moment. Give me some time and I'll search some more and see if I can find any retro toy shops. :)

scrubbedexpat0105 Jan 17th 2012 6:14 am

Is this what you're looking for?

www.taneszkoz.hu/index.php?id=kereses&what=süsü&catid=0&partial=1

Rural Hungary Jan 17th 2012 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Watchpost (Post 9848396)

Well done :thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat0105 Jan 17th 2012 6:43 am

Pfg1954, if you go to the home page (www.taneszkoz.hu) then click on the Union Jack and scroll down, you'll see the telephone number and e-mail address of the international sales manager.

RH, I'm more of a Paff fan myself. :) But more Süsü here.

Rural Hungary Jan 17th 2012 7:04 am

Will take a look as soon as Alcatraz is finished :D

Found this plush but seems to be out of stock on several sites and this rather strange looking chap here!

On auction are these

pfg1954 Jan 17th 2012 10:56 am

Wow, I am really impressed with all this help, people. Thanks ever so much. I shall do some follow-up work tomorrow and see if I can make this happen. If I can actually get hold of one of these little creatures, I shall post my girlfriend's reaction in this forum - I'm pretty sure it will be entertaining....

Thanks again...

pfg:thumbsup:

pfg1954 Jan 17th 2012 9:54 pm

Dear Watchpost. I contacted the Sales Manager (Reka) told her my love story, and she has agreed to have a Susu puppet made up for me. (In fact she has a hand puppet, and also a larger one that sits on my head, and I'm ordering both of them!) Stupid, I know, but hey - when you're in love you do daft things.

And I couldn't have done it without the help on this forum. So thank you Watchpost, and thank you Rural Hungary. I shall keep an eye on the link you sent me for the Plush one, which would be ideal for her to cuddle in bed at night (on the assumption that I'm not there, of course..!)

pfg

Rural Hungary Jan 17th 2012 10:02 pm

Excellent news pfj and I'm sure your girlfriend will be delighted as not many men would go to the extent you have in tracking down a special gift for her, your a :starsmile:

Please let us know how you get on.

pfg1954 Mar 28th 2012 7:57 pm

Folks I am very happy to say that the Süsü dragon toys arrived in good time, and I was very impressed with, and grateful to, a Ms Reka Bori at Balazs-Diak, who really pulled out the stops to make it possible for me to order these things from their website.

I gave Adrianna the Süsü glove puppet, and contained within it was a ring. She was very happy. Therefore I am very happy.

And I couldn't have done it without the help on this forum. I have one word to say to you all -köszönöm!!

Rural Hungary Mar 28th 2012 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by pfg1954 (Post 9978170)
I gave Adrianna the Süsü glove puppet, and contained within it was a ring. She was very happy. Therefore I am very happy.

And I couldn't have done it without the help on this forum. I have one word to say to you all -köszönöm!!

Hi Pfg, thanks for the update and I am delighted it worked out for you. :thumbsup:
Dare I ask if it was an engagement ring?

Tall_Lady_007 Mar 30th 2012 10:04 am

Well Guys, Thank you for helping pfg... I am the lucky woman who still cannot believe her luck that could find the kindest gentleman on Earth... :wub:

Susu sits comfortably on my bed (in his absence...) :)

FenTiger Mar 30th 2012 6:57 pm

I might buy the one which you put on your head to greet my Hungarian relatives at the airport next time they come here! :p

Rural Hungary Mar 30th 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tall_Lady_007 (Post 9981154)
Well Guys, Thank you for helping pfg... I am the lucky woman who still cannot believe her luck that could find the kindest gentleman on Earth... :wub:

Susu sits comfortably on my bed (in his absence...) :)

Thanks for popping by Tall Lady. Yes, you should keep hold of pfg as men like him are few and far between - he obviously thinks the world of you. Some of us are lucky to get a bunch of flowers, even worse, supermarket or garage flowers :thumbdown:

Good luck to you both for the future :D

pfg1954 Mar 30th 2012 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 9978180)
Hi Pfg, thanks for the update and I am delighted it worked out for you. :thumbsup:
Dare I ask if it was an engagement ring?

Erm, not as such: we describe this one as a "Guardian Ring" but my intentions are honourable and I hope that one day there WILL be an engagement ring:fingerscrossed::D:fingerscrossed:.