Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

So. Managed to lose all my cards (ID, ADO etc)

So. Managed to lose all my cards (ID, ADO etc)

Old Jun 12th 2023, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So. Managed to lose all my cards (ID, ADO etc)

Just realised they have gone and spent the last couple of hours going back to the Tanya and places I have been.

To say I am angry at myself is an understatement. Only place left is to verify tomorrow that nothing has been found and handed in at work. So annoyingly the Permanent Residency card was in it as well and not finding anything massively helpful online so asking if this has happened to anyone else and what they had to do?
Just as we hit quarter end at work and it will be hard to take any time off.

Presumably I need to go to the Kormany Ablak with as much paperwork as I can find (UK passport is still with me) and attempt to explain? Don't think it is stolen so don't need the Police?

The last 6 months have just been a disaster and I am gradually losing my mind with relentless rubbish things happening.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So. Managed to lose all my cards (ID, ADO etc)

The Kormany Ablak might want you to go to the police anyway.
Whilst it might be too late for you - to others we have all our numbers stored separately, (or photo copy the cards). If you have the numbers it makes things easier
Old Jun 12th 2023, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

I should have photos of all of them as they were needed for HR at work. Handy.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 3:52 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Peter you probably should report their loss at the Police. I hope you do not have to also go to the foreigners office for a new address card. Keep us posted what you wind up being required to do.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

It's the culmination of a rubbish few months. Thinking about wrapping the car around a tree to save time for the inevitable.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get new cards issued soon.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

I can only supply empathy. I had my purse ripped off my shoulder by two guys on a motorino in Rome. Total nightmare, lost passport, visa, credit cards, drivers license and other valuable items. Never again. No matter what the law says, don't carry those things on your person unless absolutly necessary. Or you could just carry photocopies with you and if the police press you take the gendarmes home with you so they can see the originals.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

I have learnt that when you get your ID card you also should get a kod with it. With this code, if you loose your ID card you can use the government online gate to request another duplicate of the lost card, and it will be posted to you.

Old Jun 16th 2023, 5:06 am
Banned

Bill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had to get a new ID card a few weeks ago. She went to the Szentendre office, made the request - new ID card came about 10 days later. Very efficient. I had to sign in for it at the Post Office. Normally they just take down my passport details for official deliveries but this time the young lady made me go home and bring back my lakcim kartya (my wife was back in UK).

In the same office, I had to get a new vehicle permit as the old beauty passed the MOT but there was no space left on my old green permit. The helpful guy just printed me a new one there and then, we had a good old chat about this and that. Again - very efficient.

Current worry is getting our also very old Volvo through its test next month. Currently sitting in village garage getting serviced.
Old Jun 30th 2023, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Received the ID card and Driving Licence today. I really need a holiday. Fortunately I am taking next week and try to destress myself and calm down. Literally shaking today at the BS for the last few months and work as well.
Old Jun 30th 2023, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetsam1
Received the ID card and Driving Licence today. I really need a holiday. Fortunately I am taking next week and try to destress myself and calm down. Literally shaking today at the BS for the last few months and work as well.
99.9% of the BS I have to deal with is UK related. April's tax deduction was 5 times normal deduction because my private pension provider overstated my yearly pension or sent HMRC the wrong figures, someone else's possibly, or HMRC input the wrong figures! This is third time in 9 months my private pension provider has cocked things up!
Old Jun 30th 2023, 11:10 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetsam1

Relax , take a holiday to Balaton or find yourself a weekend airbnb to hire in a remote location. Nothing that happens in life is worth getting oneself all worked up over. Have positive thoughts and focus on good things..elimnate negativity from your life.
It will get better. SMILE!