Semi Detached.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Semi Detached.

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Absolutely - here there was a host of other problems and the pre emption process gave the opportunity to intervene.

​​We didn't have time to mess about, so we pulled out!
This is a house in a village somewhere but even so I think walking away would be rather wise. As mentioned above, no issues re parking etc as it is really like two houses & gardens. It was the loft & the long term implications they need to consider.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBinhungary
This is a house in a village somewhere but even so I think walking away would be rather wise. As mentioned above, no issues re parking etc as it is really like two houses & gardens. It was the loft & the long term implications they need to consider.
Very wise I would say. I typed into Google 'Shared loft space'. The first thing which came up was 'Building Regulations' (for UK) and it refers to poor fire safety and security between neighbours. I have no idea whether building regulations in Hungary would also stipulate this was mandatory. Hope your friends are not so disappointed after the excitement of probably finding the kind of house they were looking for.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Very wise I would say. I typed into Google 'Shared loft space'. The first thing which came up was 'Building Regulations' (for UK) and it refers to poor fire safety and security between neighbours. I have no idea whether building regulations in Hungary would also stipulate this was mandatory. Hope your friends are not so disappointed after the excitement of probably finding the kind of house they were looking for.
The regs. here also require a separation in the loft (which was offered by the sellers in the subject property).
There are several options available here to secure a joint ownership property depending upon the situation and ages of the owners.
It is also possible to have the joint ownership split out into 2 separate plots but this would be an additional expense but not much in the scheme of property purchase. If the property was split out the all the disadvantages of joint ownership disappear as do any advantages such as the pre- emption right to purchase of the neighbouring plot.
It would very much be up to the prospective purchaser to decide what they wane e.g.if they eventually want the whole property and the remaining brother is elderly then IMO staying in joint ownership would be better - or better still buy out the brother now but give him the right to stay. (I did this with a property next to our farm where 3/4 was repossessed and the remaining 1/4 owned by someone else. I bought 3/4 from the bailiff and 1/4 from the other owner to whom I gave the right to stay written into the contract).
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

And what about repairs, the roof maybe? If the other owner doesn't want them?
I often see that type of house where one half looks modernised, new windows, new paint - almost funny in a way.