Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Sailing on Lake Balaton

Sailing on Lake Balaton

Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sailing on Lake Balaton

Does anyone sail on Lake Balaton? What is it like? I've been doing sailing on and off over the years and I have been quite interested in getting a bunch of my friends out there for a week's sailing but would it be as enjoyable? Some of my friends are hardened sailors, i.e. have chartered yachts to sail to France and back!
I am also aware there's some other lakes/rivers around Hungary on which I could sail so I wondered if any of them are worth considering? I went on a fishing boat cruise on the River Tizra last August but didn't think there was enough wind for sailing. We also saw some nudies on a boat! LOL! 4 of them! My Hungarian relatives suspected they were probably German! LOL!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:32 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sailing on Lake Balaton

We nearly saw a lot more than four of them a couple of years ago! Having driven, in a motor home to this side of the lake from Papa, we were desperate to find a site for the night. The other half went to book us in whilst we waited at the gates. The children noticed a sign with a camera and a line through it, no taking photos we concluded and whilst pondering as to why, one of them spotted, further down the signpost, a bikini with a cross through it. No wearing bikinis we thought, slowly it dawned on us, no photos, no swimming costumes, no clothes, it was a nudist campsite Well you should have seen us as soon as hubby got back, I didn't know you could do a wheel spin in a motor home. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but I don't think the name made the fact that it was a nudist site obvious. Or perhaps it did but our Hungarian at that time was very limited.