Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Rubber weed barrier

Rubber weed barrier

Old May 21st 2023, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubber weed barrier

Originally Posted by Sachina
AS your friend can no longertake you and your wife to Auchan to do your wweekly shopping, why don't you order a taxi to take you and collectyou later? You don't live far away from Auchan so itshouldn't be too expensive, Just checked - it's about 3000ft each way.

https://nonstoptaxi.hu/
That's a good idea. I'll mention to my wife later.
Old May 21st 2023, 12:26 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I love dogs I hate to say it but I think your neighbour needs to have both of those dogs euthanised due to the past history. Just my opinion from my own experience with a past neighbour that owned (2) Staffordshire Terriers back home, they are often prone to aggressive behaviour against other dogs. They are 1 breed that I would not ever consider owning as a pet due to their nature.
Old May 21st 2023, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
As much as I love dogs I hate to say it but I think your neighbour needs to have both of those dogs euthanised due to the past history. Just my opinion from my own experience with a past neighbour that owned (2) Staffordshire Terriers back home, they are often prone to aggressive behaviour against other dogs. They are 1 breed that I would not ever consider owning as a pet due to their nature.
I think that the friends older son will tell them the same as he has a young son and wouldn't want anything to happen to him.
Old May 21st 2023, 2:03 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I think that the friends older son will tell them the same as he has a young son and wouldn't want anything to happen to him.

For the safety of everyone that may possibly have an encounter with those 2 I hope that safety will prevail.
Old May 21st 2023, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

For the safety of everyone that may possibly have an encounter with those 2 I hope that safety will prevail.
Me too.
Old May 21st 2023, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Me too.
From what you've told me the real offender was the Staffy and with the GSD it was redirected aggresssion?
Old May 21st 2023, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

From what you've told me the real offender was the Staffy and with the GSD it was redirected aggresssion?
Yes. That is right.
Old May 21st 2023, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

AS your friend can no longertake you and your wife to Auchan to do your wweekly shopping, why don't you order a taxi to take you and collectyou later? You don't live far away from Auchan so itshouldn't be too expensive, Just checked - it's about 3000ft each way.

https://nonstoptaxi.hu/
Our village has a village mini-bus (8 seats) and part of the village caretakers job is to fetch and carry (and do shopping if needed) those who can't do it themselves. Most villages now have a bus so that would be my first call - to get social help from the council and a once a week shopping run and trips to the doctors / hospital as needed...

IMO doesn't matter who started it they both should go. Stand up the person who wants to take the risk of either dog.
Old May 22nd 2023, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Our village has a village mini-bus (8 seats) and part of the village caretakers job is to fetch and carry (and do shopping if needed) those who can't do it themselves. Most villages now have a bus so that would be my first call - to get social help from the council and a once a week shopping run and trips to the doctors / hospital as needed...

IMO doesn't matter who started it they both should go. Stand up the person who wants to take the risk of either dog.

I was merely asking a question not making a suggestion as you seem to imply!
Old May 25th 2023, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Latest regarding the dogs - initially the owners decided both would be PTS then changed their minds to one of them but after the whole family met up they decides neither would be PTS. Their vet visited last Wednesday and advised them to keep them separate. A fence has been fitted in the middle of the garden but the staffy got over it ending up with a deep scratch on it's body. So owners have added extra height. At this point in time we have not been told who decided not to have them PTS.
If we visit the owners we will be vigilant and leave our own dogs at home.
Old May 25th 2023, 8:02 am
Banned

They will regret not having them both euthanised because they will hurt or kill another animal or a child. At the very least the Staffy would be put down.
Old May 25th 2023, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

They will regret not having them both euthanised because they will hurt or kill another animal or a child. At the very least the Staffy would be put down.
I put my head in my hands when I learnt their decision. The injured friend wants both PTS so I'm at a loss to understand why certain family members have not backed him up. I hope to find out more over the weekend.
Old May 25th 2023, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I put my head in my hands when I learnt their decision. The injured friend wants both PTS so I'm at a loss to understand why certain family members have not backed him up. I hope to find out more over the weekend.
Given that the dogs have injured twice now IMO both should be PTS. If certain family members don't agree then perhaps they should take the dogs and the liability.
Old May 25th 2023, 11:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Given that the dogs have injured twice now IMO both should be PTS. If certain family members don't agree then perhaps they should take the dogs and the liability.

I wonder if Hungary has regulations about incidents like this on involving dangerous animals?
Old May 25th 2023, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I wonder if Hungary has regulations about incidents like this on involving dangerous animals?
I asked my dogs trainer.I stand to be corrected but as I understand it the law is similar to the UK. In the case of injury which requires hospital treatment the hospital is obliged to notify the police. The police will seize the dog(s) and place them in quarantine for assessment and if deemed necessary PTS. It's a criminal offence If, knowing the dogs to be dangerous, the dogs then attacked someone else, which could result in a term in prison. for the owner.

Last edited by Sachina; May 25th 2023 at 1:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.