Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Rubber weed barrier

Rubber weed barrier

Old Mar 18th 2023, 9:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubber weed barrier

Pulaski Manor - love that! Somehow "Expatrick Hovel" doesn't have the same ring to it!
Old Mar 19th 2023, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Same in the US - a neighbour's property here in NC was built near to the site of a farmhouse that might have been occupied as recently as the 1960's before the site was bulldozed. It appears that the farmhouse's personal dump was only shallowly buried, as old tin cans and other trash still come to the surface from time to time in my neighbor's back garden.

As a separate issue, it is common for houses built on a land of an acre or more to leave one or more piles of debris from leveling the site, just running the bulldozer into the trees and leaving a pile of rocks and soil. Sometimes the builders to add to it during construction - there are two such debris piles in the woods from the construction of Pulaski Manor and a house in the road behind.
I had work done on the outside of my house last year, including a new concrete path running the length of the property. I was out when they dug out the old pathway and came back to discover instead of tipping the rubble at the back of the outbuilding where itcouldn't be seen, the young "gofer" had deposited it on the grass opposite my living room window! Extremely shortsighted of the builder because the money I'd budgeted to pay to him this year for more work on the house, I've decided to reallocate to a gardener to clear up and revamp my garden.

Old Mar 19th 2023, 11:16 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

My property when I purchased it in 2017 was a graveyard pf construction rubble and trash from previous owners. I spent a lot of money to clear all of this away to a proper disposal site. I estimate there was at least 15 dump truck loads that were removed. When I engage someone to do a building project that generates construction debris I insist they haul of the waste to a proper legal tip and place plastic on the ground where they place any rubble before it ic carried away. Yes, it cost more for the work and a couple of contractors complained about it but If they want my cash they will do the work my way. I do not want to live in a dump ground.

The look after the massive clean up of the garden
Old Mar 19th 2023, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I had work done on the outside of my house last year, including a new concrete path running the length of the property. I was out when they dug out the old pathway and came back to discover instead of tipping the rubble at the back of the outbuilding where itcouldn't be seen, the young "gofer" had deposited it on the grass opposite my living room window! Extremely shortsighted of the builder because the money I'd budgeted to pay to him this year for more work on the house, I've decided to reallocate to a gardener to clear up and revamp my garden.
Did you agree beforehand where the spoil would go ? If not then that was a mistake. If you did agree then I would not have paid him until until it was put where it was supposed to go,
Tradespeople will always put rubbish in the easiest place for them - which will includes leaving it behind. If you don't want that to happen you have to agree the fine details of the work upfront.
Old Mar 19th 2023, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Did you agree beforehand where the spoil would go ? If not then that was a mistake. If you did agree then I would not have paid him until until it was put where it was supposed to go,
Tradespeople will always put rubbish in the easiest place for them - which will includes leaving it behind. If you don't want that to happen you have to agree the fine details of the work upfront.
I did but obviously the information wasn't passed on to the gofer. The rubble that was created before was disposed on a nearby tip and I fully expected the same to happen with this lot!

Anyway the problem's solved. I need some trees cutting down, logs cut up, as well as fruit trees pruned, none of which I can do myself. I've arranged.for a couple of gardeners to come in who will also move the rubble to where it was supposed to have been put in the first place. All for a very reasonable pre agreed price

Last edited by Sachina; Mar 19th 2023 at 3:04 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2023, 5:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I had work done on the outside of my house last year, including a new concrete path running the length of the property. I was out when they dug out the old pathway and came back to discover instead of tipping the rubble at the back of the outbuilding where itcouldn't be seen, the young "gofer" had deposited it on the grass opposite my living room window! ....
I was envisaging a pile of chunks of concrete, that at least could be fairly easily moved, until I saw the picture. WTF!
Old Mar 29th 2023, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Managed to pull up a bit more of the rubber barrier. Friend lent me a spade he has which cuts right through hard soil. With my German WW2 folding spade managed to push it up so I could saw through a section. Still got three metres to pull up. It's back breaking work on top of the limited space between the hedge and fence but I'm getting there.

Old Mar 29th 2023, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Managed to pull up a bit more of the rubber barrier. Friend lent me a spade he has which cuts right through hard soil. With my German WW2 folding spade managed to push it up so I could saw through a section. Still got three metres to pull up. It's back breaking work on top of the limited space between the hedge and fence but I'm getting there. ...
Good job clearing that up! It looks a lot better now you have removed some of it.
Old May 21st 2023, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Good job clearing that up! It looks a lot better now you have removed some of it.
I have had to pause finishing off this job because I have damaged the nerves on my left hand wrist and possibly my left upper arm. So far had 11 electric pulse treatment sessions. I'm heading to Budapest next week for ENG because here in Miskolc the soonest appointment is middle of August. Out of 10 there's been an improvement of 0.5 . I have not driven for a month because the strength of my left hand grip has not been anywhere near being able to feel confident enough I could drive safely.
I'm so disappointed this has happened. If only the neighbour had sorted out the rubber weed barrier themselves this would not have happened. I should not have put too much pressure on my left hand wrist when I was sawing through it in a very tight spot. A local friend of ours took us to Auchan for our weekly food shop but that's not going to happen again for atleast a month because our friend was seriously injured by his two dogs fighting each other inside their house. That's the second time it's happened. The last time was outside whereby they left alot of deep bite marks on their son's arms needing stitches and injections. My friend's right hand thumb was half hanging off. He had deep bite marks to both feet, one leg, both hands and his head.
At this point in time I'm not going to be able to do all the things I planned!

Last edited by FenTiger; May 21st 2023 at 7:55 am.
Old May 21st 2023, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

A local friend of ours took us to Auchan for our weekly food shop but that's not going to happen again for atleast a month because our friend was seriously injured by his two dogs fighting each other inside their house. That's the second time it's happened. The last time was outside whereby they left alot of deep bite marks on their son's arms needing stitches and injections. My friend's right hand thumb was half hanging off. He had deep bite marks to both feet, one leg, both hands and his head.
I do hope that your friend has done something about their dogs - get rid of one or both - because dogs that attack people no matter what the circumstances can not be tolerated.
Consider the liability if this happened to a stranger because the dog(s) have now been shown to be dangerous on 2 occasions.
Old May 21st 2023, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I do hope that your friend has done something about their dogs - get rid of one or both - because dogs that attack people no matter what the circumstances can not be tolerated.
Consider the liability if this happened to a stranger because the dog(s) have now been shown to be dangerous on 2 occasions.
Not just "get rid" by giving them to the nearest rescue to be adopted by someone else, who might have young children who could also end up being attacked. Quite frankly no matter how much I loved the dog(s) they'd both have been PTS by now
Old May 21st 2023, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree. Last Thursday there were talk of putting both down but they may put down only the staffy. Their GSD is about 7 years old and the staffy nearly three. Both are female and the staffy has been spayed.

Last edited by FenTiger; May 21st 2023 at 11:28 am.
Old May 21st 2023, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Not just "get rid" by giving them to the nearest rescue to be adopted by someone else, who might have young children who could also end up being attacked. Quite frankly no matter how much I loved the dog(s) they'd both have been PTS by now
I'm surprised that they haven't decided what they are going to do. But I'm sure yesterday or today when the whole family were together they have had an opportunity to decide what they will do.
The GSD was injured too and hasn't been to the vets yet so it could mean both.
My friend cannot drive at the moment and their two sons live in Budapest and Debrecen. I can't drive them to the vets because of my wrist! They may have to get a vet to come out to them.
Old May 21st 2023, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Both dogs are being kept apart.
Old May 21st 2023, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have had to pause finishing off this job because I have damaged the nerves on my left hand wrist and possibly my left upper arm. So far had 11 electric pulse treatment sessions. I'm heading to Budapest next week for ENG because here in Miskolc the soonest appointment is middle of August. Out of 10 there's been an improvement of 0.5 . I have not driven for a month because the strength of my left hand grip has not been anywhere near being able to feel confident enough I could drive safely.
I'm so disappointed this has happened. If only the neighbour had sorted out the rubber weed barrier themselves this would not have happened. I should not have put too much pressure on my left hand wrist when I was sawing through it in a very tight spot. A local friend of ours took us to Auchan for our weekly food shop but that's not going to happen again for atleast a month because our friend was seriously injured by his two dogs fighting each other inside their house. That's the second time it's happened. The last time was outside whereby they left alot of deep bite marks on their son's arms needing stitches and injections. My friend's right hand thumb was half hanging off. He had deep bite marks to both feet, one leg, both hands and his head.
AS your friend can no longertake you and your wife to Auchan to do your wweekly shopping, why don't you order a taxi to take you and collectyou later? You don't live far away from Auchan so itshouldn't be too expensive, Just checked - it's about 3000ft each way.

https://nonstoptaxi.hu/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.