Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

A Rough Guide to Tradesmen Prices

A Rough Guide to Tradesmen Prices

Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Rough Guide to Tradesmen Prices

The recent change to 'zart kert' was to allow them to be taken out of agricultural classification. This can be done by the owner by applying to the local Land Office. The effect of this is to remove the property from the restrictions on buying and selling agricultural land.

When talking to officialdom ALWAYS get confirmation of their opinion in writing. Conversations mean nothing other than an indication of what MIGHT occur.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:48 am
Just Joined

stevenotlob is an unknown quantity at this point

Peter_in_Hungary.
If a Wine house / Vineyard was to be changed by this 'Zart Kert' then would it mean the house could be extended in size or additional buildings to be added to the land? Also, I would like to keep some of the vineyard for personal use and also grow some vegetables, etc. Would this still be allowed?

Also, no one has replied with a rough guide for manual labourer costs for cutting lawns / weeding flower beds and rough cutting a field. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenotlob
Peter_in_Hungary.
If a Wine house / Vineyard was to be changed by this 'Zart Kert' then would it mean the house could be extended in size or additional buildings to be added to the land? Also, I would like to keep some of the vineyard for personal use and also grow some vegetables, etc. Would this still be allowed?

Also, no one has replied with a rough guide for manual labourer costs for cutting lawns / weeding flower beds and rough cutting a field. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
If a Zart Kert was changed to non-agricultural classification then the appropriate planning regs for the new classification would apply. This would include the maximum %age of the land that could be built on. In addition if you wanted it to be a dwelling then other regulations apply like room sizes, drinking water and sewage provision, insulation standards, heating provision etc. What you grow in your garden would be up to you.

With regard to labour costs, I would expect between 750huf and 1000huf per hour and expect to pay for travel time. But that is if they are using your machinery and who sorts out the lawn mower when it doesn't start? You will be employing at the bottom end of the labour market at these rates and you can't expect too much if you are not in attendance. Rough cutting a field - how big is the field? you could pay the same rates as gardening for it to be done by hand (hand scythe or your strimmer) or you might be better to get a local tractor driver to go over it with his topper perhaps about 5 - 6000huf per hour but this could work out cheaper depending on the size.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 11:01 am
Just Joined

stevenotlob is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again Peter_in_Hungary. So we don't start going OT, could you please PM me with any more info on Zart Kert, etc and any other info on change of use of land, i.e building %'s, regulations (as you mentioned about sewerage, water, etc) and anything else you believe I shuold be fore warned about to help me make a decision. Thanks. Stephen
Old Aug 28th 2016, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't have much more info on zart kert. The opportunity for owners to change the status of their zart kert ends at the end of the year. What happens after that I don't know, (and I don't think anyone else does at this stage either)

The particular regs that will apply to a property will depend upon where the property is located. e.g. internal to the village boundaries or external to same. Some things will be standard e.g insulation requirements but other regs can vary e.g.sewage, depending on the water table classification and/or other factors. House or building design can also be affected by area e.g. national park or environmentally protected areas.

So it is not possible to give a definite answer but when you are looking at a property I would suggest you ask the relevant authority(s) if your plans would be acceptable and you should do this in writing so that you get a written reply. I would suggest that you get an architect to help at a very early stage (even before contracts) if you are contemplating major changes (like conversion to a dwelling) and do not let the selling agent make enquiries for you even if he offers as he has too much of a conflict of interest.