Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Roofers in /around Heviz

Roofers in /around Heviz

Old Sep 27th 2015, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

hevizman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roofers in /around Heviz

Hi. I am new to the forum and I have spent the last couple of hours reading all the threads relating to any mention of Heviz. There are many interesting threads and some very knowledgable people.

I have owned an apartment in Heviz for a few years now and now that the mortgage is cleared my wife and I decided to purchase a house there too.

We returned back from Heviz yesterday after having obtained the keys to the house. This followed a very quick process of about 4 weeks to purchase the property.....including an expensive signing session of contracts at the Hungarian Consulate.....but worth every penny.

The property is in need of a lot of TLC including a new roof, new electrics and heating .....plus a complete refurb however for the time being I want to ensure it is dry hence I want to get a new roof in the very near future and I'm keen to get some quotes underway whilst I'm back in the UK. Does anyone know of any good roofers in the Heviz area (or ones that are prepared to travel)?

I look forward to any responses.

Nigel
Old Sep 27th 2015, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roofers in /around Heviz

Key to answering the question........Does the roofer need to speak English?
Old Sep 27th 2015, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Not neccasarily as long as they can understand my drawing or alternatively speak Russian or German.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Are you also in the Balaton Brits group? It would be worth also asking on there. They have an email mailing list so it is possible to get your question circulated to all members.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I had a work with my roofer but he only speaks Hungarian and he said that Heviz was just that bit too far.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi Peter. Thanks for checking this for me. I have put a few feelers out in Heviz so I'm hoping one of these will turn out positive.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

There's a small builder "Pfeiler BT" in the village of Alsopáhok not far from Hévíz which did the complete remodeling on my house, including the new roof - and the Velux windows. The boss/owner Mr. Odor Gyözö speaks German.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi Wolfi. This is really useful. I have a British friend who lives in Alsopahok. I will get him to locate Mr Gyozo and see if he can assist. Out of interest whereabouts do you reside?
Old Sep 29th 2015, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Alsopáhok too - part time ...Half of the year we are in Germany - when we don't visit my sister in England or other relatives around the world ...
Old Sep 29th 2015, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Sounds exciting. I was in Alsopahok a few days ago. I drove through looking for an electrical store which I heard was near the Spar. I managed to find it on the way back into Heviz. Perhaps I'll see you in Alsophok or Engalnd one day .....or maybe in some other part of the world. � ����